PDA

View Full Version : The New Year- 2003

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:53 PM
I thought now that we are entering into the final stages of 2002, we might look back, in reflection, and come up with some resolutions for the new year. (For those that don't do resolutions, thanks for reading the thred, now move on doggies he he he).

The standard ones...eat less, drink less (you know who I mean), exercise more, are all great ones..but, what about coming up with really specific ones? Like, I will read one book of non-fiction a month (alright- that is a stupid one, but, it was an example).

Or, find a PT 'pal' and together decide one that would work..for instance, I would pair up with, uh, Mugsy...and we would discover what resolution would be best for the other person...it would be like a reverse Christmas card thingy....but, we would report ALL year (or until we grew bored of it, say, March 12 or so) on how we are doing???

Anyone interested? Or, can someone suggest a variation of this idea????? And, no, I am not interested in hearing how all of PT thinks I should improve on any personality trait I might have!!!! So, stop the silliness right before it starts...he he he.

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 05:57 PM
eat less, drink less (you know who I mean),

Sure, let's all pick on me now.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Right into my trap...said the spider to the fly...

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey, Miss Popular! Clean out that PM box! :) :D :)

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 06:17 PM
I tried PMing you too.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
You two clowns ever see that Saturday morning cartoon, Ren and Stimpy? If so, "Back off"...now, I will go clean it out..but, I just deleted it two days ago...I thought I did, anyhow. You could call..you would if you cared about me..

mugsy
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
I yelled at her too and she finally cleaned it out!! hehehe

That sounds like a plan to me. I like the PT pal. I want Jo because she'll keep me to my plan. She's so mouthy, I'll do it just so she won't rag me!! j/k Jo ;) :p :D But, she knows I'll rag her too...we're both too much alike! hehe Not only that she knows what I want to do. So...like the bee to honey! hehehe

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Well, I am waiting! I don't have any PMs...so, come on now! I think it was because I forgot to clean out my sent box? Cause, Mugsy did yell at me about it the other day...

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Just sent you one....

mugsy
12-09-2002, 06:33 PM
It must have been the teacher voice!! lol You know, the one your mom uses on you?? lol Sorry Lilly!! I know my mom's teacher voice put the fear of God into me! And she taught 3rd grade!! hehe

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Shoot, my mom's voice..she even tries it on kids that aren't in her classroom...like kids in the mall! Or, at the park! Or, in the neighborhood...very scary..

toughCookie
12-09-2002, 06:47 PM
I don't know about a teacher voice, but my mom always had that "look" that I swear could stop you in your tracks! I call it the mothers look!(I got this look alot as a kid):eek: :rolleyes:
now, THAT was scary! I would be doing something wrong, and turn around and there she would be...with that look on her face, :eek: :eek:

mugsy
12-09-2002, 06:54 PM
I call the "look" the teacher look too. I have a pretty good one, but not like my mom's. And Jo, there's nothing wrong with correcting kids at the mall....I've been known to do it too...hmmmm....maybe that's why I hate going to the mall now!! lol

Lillycat
12-10-2002, 06:29 PM
yep.....the teachers "look"......ive got it too! verrrry useful! i also have the kids in my room convinced i have eyes in the back of my head.....very useful also.......of course they are only first-graders.....maybe thats why i dont teach any higher than first-grade!;)

mugsy
12-11-2002, 02:35 AM
My mom could do that too Lillycat, but, then she taught 3rd graders!! I tell my 8th graders "MOM" stories and they all laugh. But there are a few 8th graders this year that know her because she came in and tutored a couple of them when they were in 6th grade and they LOVE to tell stories about how nice she is, but not to mess with her!! hehehehe

Barbara
12-11-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
i also have the kids in my room convinced i have eyes in the back of my head
My mom has eyes through the telephone line!

Cataholic
12-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Well, I can see from the posts to this thred that NONE of you are interested in bettering yourself through resolutions, and you all are just going to go on with your sad sorry selves!!!!! Must be nice to be sooooo purrfect...so, instead, I will just make more personal resolutions, and become even better than I already am...and just leave you guys alone. Now, good bye, as I must go on bettering myself!!!!!! :D :D :D