PDA

View Full Version : Urg, I hate math..

slleipnir
12-09-2002, 01:59 PM
I just found out my math test was moved to wed. afternoon instead of tomorrow, which means, I get to study on my birthday! I'm in grade 12 math b (its a science math, its kinda more advanced then regular stuff) and I've really had probs with it. I think its mostly because I didn't work on it enough..this time, I spent maybe 2 hrs on saturday, 2 on sunday, going to spend 2 today (before going to a movie as I can't do anything on my bday :[) then who knows how much tomorrow! If I don't get atleast a 70-80 I'll DIE..I've worked soo hard and I'm so worked up about it. I seem ot have some sort of problem with it, like I understand it before the test, then when I write it, I totally blank on everything..I really hope its not a habit..I'd go in reg. math, but I did really well last year (reg and B) and i need this one to do anything science related.....We're doing trig now, only its not with triangles (too bad, thats easy..) its with circles, pie and such..Sorry, had to vent..

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 03:54 PM
This is what you do...find an area of life where you don't have to do numbers, math, trig, etc....like me!!!! I hate math, I hated math, and I will never ever like math!!!! I can't add! I can't subtract...I can barely figure out 10% of something..ok, that might be untrue, but you get my point.

You are already doing way harder stuff than me, and I think you must be pretty decent at it! So, study, do extra practice, and good luck!!!!

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Good luck with your math test. I choose music because I'm pretty bad at math. In fact music majors don't even have to take a basic math class at the UofA. We take a class called "Logic" and yes, it's as easy and stupid as the name suggests.

aly
12-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Call me weird but I love math. That was my favorite class all through high school and in college. Actually I tested out of most math classes in college and just took some advanced ones. I never understood it right away though. I'd just study and study and keep practicing and I would finally understand exactly why the equations worked like that. Study as much as you can until Wednesday. Then you can relax and maybe celebrate your bday a day late? Happy early Birthday by the way :)

DogMania
12-09-2002, 04:02 PM
I hear where your coming from......................................

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 04:15 PM
I agree with the previous people. Just study as hard as you are able to...take breaks, and study some more.

I know its easy for me so say, but don't worry too much about what the tests mean. If you are fearful that your grades on the tests will keep you from your ultimate career goal, them maybe you can take advantage of the tutors at school. Or...ask your teacher.

Good luck! I know you'll do great.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 07:15 PM
I have a learning disability with numbers, so math will always be a struggle for me. My job involves alot of adding and subracting, thank goodness for calculators! :D When I was younger I was very angry about my disability, it meant I couldn't be a vet or biologist or a vet tech, so I ended up being an Administrative Assistant :(

RockyRoad
12-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Ooh math is my favorite(out of the four main; english, s.s., science, math) subject!! I love pie and all that stuff! It must be fun to be in an advanced class. Of course my favorite subject has to be english because I'm in honors in that one. I still do not get why I was not in math honors!!! I missed it just because I didn't participate, but got wonderful quiz grades. God! But now my GOOD math teacher is really nice and I participate so I'll be on honors next year without a doubt.:) Goo luck studying!

slleipnir
12-09-2002, 08:10 PM
I like math if I understand it, like last year, I really liked it..but this year I think I'm really slacking, my best friend sits beside me and we do way to much talking. I know I gotta smarten up and do the work, I think I'd be good if I did that..I studied more today, I'm getting a better grasp of it..I decided to sacrifice my bday and do some finishing up studying for the test. I don't know what I'll do if I don't do good, I've really worked my butt off, and study more for this little test then I've studied for any math exam I've writen..in fact, I usually don't study and still do good..not this year though..grade 12 sucks :p Well, I actually am doing good in other courses, I love english and biology..just MATH!! urg. I'm going back in time and distroying it ;D ok, maybe not..I used to like pie, but now pie has gotten evil..EVIL!!! ok, sorry lol..

moosmom
12-10-2002, 08:31 AM
I will quote my pal Jimmy Buffet's song.....

"MATH SUCKS!!!"