PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have to say Goodbye!

WDog
12-09-2002, 01:08 PM
2 years ago I had to say goodbye to my Border Collie Puppy Sally she was only 11 months but I felt I'd been with her my whole life.
It's harsh when a dog has to go away or is killed or something else, but we have to get on with it and now I've got a pup called Ruby shes the apple of my eye.Has anyone had to deal with a situation like this ? I miss her

Dixieland Dancer
12-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Yes, I have had to deal with it too. :( I lost my very first Golden when she was only 5 months old. I took it extremely hard but a couple months later my next Golden came along and helped ease my pain. She lived to be 13 1/2. She has been gone many years now but all the dogs who have touched my life in the past are still with me. They live on in what they taught me about feelings, living and most importantly loving! I'm sure your sweetheart lives on in your life by how she touched you while she was here. :)

sammi
12-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Yes, I have had to deal with the loss of dogs in my life. Its hard and sure is sad. Sometimes days long after you miss them - but the pain is less. Glad you were able to get another puppy to love.;)

Uabassoon
12-10-2002, 02:08 AM
I was so heartbroken when I lost Zasper. She was my baby, she was the first cat I got when I moved out to Arizona. We had been through a lot together in the 2 years I had her. I lived in 4 different places with her and each time she took the move so well. We had good times and hard times together, she was a good friend. Corkscrew helped me get over the pain, but when I got Tibby I felt so much better. My house felt complete again, while Tibby will never replace Zasper she helped heal the pain. I will always miss my Zasper.

12-10-2002, 02:34 AM
I lost my sweetheart Sydney this summer ; he was not not yet 2 years old .. Sydney was a gorgeous black cat .... OOOOO how I miss him ..:(

read about him in my webpage !

Dixie Belle
12-10-2002, 02:38 AM
I lost two of my dogs this year. My first one was my ten year old Justin, and then a couple of weeks ago, I lost Mama Dog. I still miss them, and I always will. After Mama died, I had to go to work and a friend of mine said it perfect, " There is nothing wrong with crying, after all, dogs were made to be man's best friend."