PDA

View Full Version : Schools Out for Summer, #537

RICHARD
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
I guess it's time for the kidlets to relax and start their summer vacation?

I do miss beign in school and looking forward to spending a summer with no shoes, homework and waking up early.

We'd wake up go play some ball in the street, maybe go swimming then go to the 'little store' to grab a sub, coke and a package of twinkies!

-----------------

I guess we can picnic again....... Tea and lemonade, maybe an Arnold Palmer?

Ribs, coleslaw, beans....fruit salad and a fire for the firepit!

The DOTD is a sangria!!!

1/2 cup brandy

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate

1/3 cup orange juice

1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine

1/2 cup triple sec

1 lemon, sliced into rounds

1 orange, sliced into rounds

1 lime, sliced into rounds

1/4 cup white sugar (optional)

8 maraschino cherries

2 cups carbonated water (optional)
Directions
1.In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.

Queen of Poop
06-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Well, since I've got nothing but time on my hands right now I'll get busy laying out this fine spread.

smokey the elder
06-14-2013, 10:05 AM
That sounds good! We just had another bunch of rain. June has been so rainy, except for 2 hot days right at the beginning.

RICHARD
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
It was 93 degrees two days ago.....and humid as all get out.

Back in CA the drastic weather change would make all us old timers start thinking about 'earthquake weather'..

Let me pour some drinks and let's get this party on the road....

Alice Cooper anyone?

Done!

gini
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I was born and raised in Ohio. There was always a certain "smell" about summer - the rain - the heat after a rain - the trees and on and on.

The air was clear then......................

RICHARD
06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
I was born and raised in Ohio. There was always a certain "smell" about summer - the rain - the heat after a rain - the trees and on and on.

The air was clear then......................

Every day I take the dog for a walk and I am still amazed - and hope it never gets old to me - at the smells here.

There is always someone cutting lawn (some lawns do have grass that have a blue shade to them) and the smell wafts over the area, even hours after they are cut.

We haven't had a good thunderstorm yet, I do love the sound and light show, but there is a definite smell before a shower.

And can't forget the winter months when a chimney smells like autumn/winter.

-----------------

Right after the twisters in Oklahoma a story about the weatherperson who told people to leave town and go in a certain direction aired. It caused problems because people listened, and when the storm took a turn in that direction it put everyone in danger.....

Doris turned to me right after the story ended and said, "Maybe they should send him to do weather in California, It never changes there?":D;)

Queen of Poop
06-14-2013, 01:37 PM
The sky is darkening here. Going to rain for sure. Getting tired of looking at the online job postings. How about a nice glass of unsweetened iced tea? Maybe Angel wants to play?

cassiesmom
06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
The sky is darkening here. Going to rain for sure. Getting tired of looking at the online job postings. How about a nice glass of unsweetened iced tea? Maybe Angel wants to play?

Yesh, please! (putting kettle on burner for water to steep next batch)

RICHARD
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Let's hope it's not a deluge!

One glass of tea and a tennis ball for Angel.

CM,

Sit back and I'll pour!

DONE!

catland
06-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Yay - a picnic. :D

It's been cool this week but now the weekend is looking up. We have a saying here in the Pac-NW - summer starts on July 5th. :rolleyes:

Richard - got any slushies?

Karen
06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I'll tie a couple more old socks to the "rope" and let you play tug with Angel - that'll give your arms some work after all the time spent at the keyboard working just your fingers!

And will join you in the tea, okay?

Queen of Poop
06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Tea and a sloppy wet sock - love it!!!

Karen
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Tea and a sloppy wet sock - love it!!!

And so will Angel! She's so up for games of tug of war she is sometimes stymied if she has one "rope" in her mouth but spies another on her way to present it to you ...

RICHARD
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Yay - a picnic. :D

It's been cool this week but now the weekend is looking up. We have a saying here in the Pac-NW - summer starts on July 5th. :rolleyes:

Richard - got any slushies?

Hey,

Long time......always have slushies!

One? Done!

If Angel brings one that does have a foot in it, play along?:eek:;)

Refills?

gonna start a fire in the pit....time for popcorn and s'mores.:D

Karen
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
If Angel brings one that does have a foot in it, play along?:eek:;)

She's never present with just a sock, so doesn't associate those with tug toys. I just made her a "chew rope" by knotting together a bunch of socks that all had holes in the heels when they were here in Massachusetts for Memorial Day weekend, and sent them home with plenty of socks to renew it with, as she is half bulldog, so ropes don't last very long!

Lady's Human
06-17-2013, 12:13 PM
School may be out for the summer for some, but I'm going back.

Angel has popped yet another tennis ball, and is very upset that Dad won't let her shred the remnants of the old one, so anyone bringing one to the bar should be greeted rather playfully.

cassiesmom
06-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Angel and your Dad, here is a tennis ball for you to have fun with :)
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzxD4j0MLCqzpYKKiyfPB9j-_6sl9iP0HfI0Y-jme41S_7FpV5pw

Lady's Human
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
In real life, the ball would have been ripped out of your hands by a gleeful pup! . (She's been known to run into /through things to get to a tennis ball!)

RICHARD
06-17-2013, 04:55 PM

Well, what are you waiting for, Angel?

Let's play....:eek:;)

Refills on the slushies?

Done.

Lady's Human
06-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Careful, Ed, those are her 2 favorite toys!:D

RICHARD
06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Careful, Ed, those are her 2 favorite toys!:D

He's been 'nipping' so there shouldn't be any problems?:eek::o;)

Lady's Human
06-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Sure, Ed, I'll play!!!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/moreangelpup038_zps012ecfe7.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/commolady/media/moreangelpup038_zps012ecfe7.jpg.html)