PDA

View Full Version : News to share..

astrid
06-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi dear PT friends,
I have exciting news to share: 2 weeks ago I took Nina to the v-e-t to get the girls’ surgery and they couldn’t perform it because she has little angels on her belly! They told me she had one-one and a half months SO one of these days we’ll welcome home some cute little fuzzy balls :love:

Bad news is that Nina and Sophie are not getting along AT ALL, whenever Sophie sees Nina, she starts hissing and yelling and trying to attack her :( so Nina stays on the garage and Sophie on the bedrooms; I close the door of the rooms’ area so I can play with Nina and spend time with her and take her back to the garage (aka her big apartment ;) ) to play with Sophie. I don’t know what will happen when the babies arrive.

For now I’m trying to take good care of Nina and her belly, thank God I rescued her on time! (she was going to be PTS) and her belly is getting so big!

This is my first time taking care of a momma cat, so all the advice you can give me will be appreciated, also please send good thoughts and prayers for her.

Thanks and love to you all :)

Look how gorgeous she is!

And here she is showing off her beautiful belly..

Karen
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Goodness, thank heavens you rescued her in time! Maybe once the kittens are born, Sophie will be more accepting, or once Nina is spayed ...

cassiesmom
06-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Saying a prayer that Nina and you will do fine together; I'm sure you will! ... and that she and Sophie will get along better :love:

dehlers43
06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Chelsea was pregnant when I brought her home so I looked for info on the Internet about birthing kittens. It was a wonderful experience to play midwife for a cat! For the first two babies she was clueless so it was good that I was there to clean them and make sure they were breathing. It wasn't until she starting cleaning herself and accidentally licked a kitten that the momma instinct kicked in....it was so funny, like a switch turned on in her head. She was a good mommy after that which left me with nothing to do...lol

Pinot's Mom
06-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm just wondering if part of Chelsea's aggression is the fact that Nina IS pregnant....

Maybe once the kitties are born Chels will have the momma instinct kick back in and she'll mellow out. Good luck!

Randi
06-09-2013, 10:35 AM
She looks so sweet. :love:

Hope everything goes well with the birth! Do you know how old she is?

Good luck!

Please, keep us updated.

dehlers43
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm just wondering if part of Chelsea's aggression is the fact that Nina IS pregnant....

Maybe once the kitties are born Chels will have the momma instinct kick back in and she'll mellow out. Good luck!

I think you mean Sophie, not Chels..... :)

momcat
06-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Positive thoughts and many prayers are going up for you, Nina and the babies. I agree with Pinot's Mom, maybe the pregnancy is part of the problem. Please keep us updated?

Pinot's Mom
06-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I think you mean Sophie, not Chels..... :)

Sorry - yes, Sophie - please forgive me Sophie!

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2013, 02:34 AM
I hope that everything goes well and that eventually Sophie and Nina will become friends or at least be able to tolerate each other. Good luck.:)