PDA

View Full Version : Post a pic of yourself and tell us about yourself

carole
06-05-2013, 05:37 PM
It has been some time since we did this, so thought i would start a thread, be lovely to put faces to names if you wish to share and a little about yourself. i will start.

My user name is my real name and i live in New Zealand, have been on PT for Ten years and a lot of you will know me, but for those who don't , i am proud to say i am the ONLY New Zealander here aka (KIWI), Some have joined but alas have left, but still it makes me feel kind of special.:D

I am 55 years old, live in Hamilton City,married and have two children, daughter who is 20 and son who is 31.
Owned by two gorgeous furbabies, my kitties Lexie and Nikkita, i started off with one kitty, went to four and sadly have lost two of my babies to renal failure and cancer.

This pic was taken in FEB 2013 at one of my favourite places, The camelia Tea house , a tea plantation on the outskirts of my city.

Looking forward to seeing you all .

Not sure how to delete pics, ONE is a bit blurry so added the better pic afterwards lol

Karen
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Aww, good to see you! I'll have to dig up a more recent picture of myself!

carole
06-05-2013, 06:16 PM
yes please do, come on everyone waiting to see you all.:):D

Casper
06-06-2013, 05:54 AM
I'll join in. :)

My name is Court, and I am 21... born and raised in Arkansas. Aside from my silly accent, I don't fit in around these parts. My main goal right now is to move far far away. I found out that college wasn't right for me, but I still love studying osteology --rearticulation being my favorite passtime.

I am owned by one dog (Towser), three cats (Khaith, Martha, & Adelaide), two birds (Don & Gir), one rat (Wilhelm), and a big fish named Waldo.

carole
06-06-2013, 05:57 AM
lovely to see you court and meet you,thanks for stopping by.

carole
06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Gosh i cannot believe no -one wants to share, when we did this last time so many did, come on don't be shy ,would love to see my PT friends.;)

Karen
06-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I will when I get a chance, the most recent picture of me was taken by a 4-year-old, so is not in focus, and cuts off the top of my head ... we are doing a directory at church, and I told him he could take my picture if he let me take his!

carole
06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
oh i am counting on you Karen, but where is everyone else, they all gone shy on me:confused:

Alysser
06-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Nice to meet all of you! I guess I'll share ;)
This is one of me hanging out with some seals at Georgia Aquarium and another one of me after hiking Bear Mountain.

I am not a very interesting person but here it goes.

My name is Alyssa (nickname Alysser, at least within my family!) and I am 20 years old. I am a full-time college student at a local community college studying Science right now but when I transfer my major will be Natural Resources with a concentration in Wildlife and Fishery Conservation. I would really like to get a Masters in Wildlife Biology or something similar but that's a little bit down the road. I want to work for the Department of Agriculture, Department of the Interior (National Park System), and/or own a sustainable Aquaculture farm. Preferably both with a small Aquaculture (fish farming business) on the side! I'd love to do research on Birds, particularly Raptors. I tend to like Geology and Hydrology too, hence the reason I decided on a broader major. Anyway, I love everything to do with the outdoors from Hiking to Mountain Biking. I am usually open to any outdoor activities. I love biking of any kind, but mostly trail or mountain biking! I had open heart surgery when I was 5 years old, so I tend to have a tougher time with actual team sports, unfortunately. Otherwise though, I really enjoy staying in shape and working out. I love travel, especially visiting Parks, Wildlife Management Areas, and things nature related that I've never been to before. I read field guides all the time for fun...I have no life.:D

I love my job, I work for a local Nature Center teaching school groups and the general public about the nature here in New Jersey and the park that the center is in.

I absolutely adore Star Trek, particularly the Original Series, but I like The Next Generation too. I like Star Wars alot too...:p

That's about it, I am pretty boring overall.

carole
06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
YOU are NOT at all BORING, and what a pretty girl you are, thanks for sharing.:)

Trinityagain
06-07-2013, 07:26 AM
My "real" name is Michele, my user name (Trinity) is the name I use in the historical re-enacting world. Married for just over 18 years, a herd of 9 cats in the house, and at least another 3-4 "strays" that wander into/thru the backyard and one that resides in the garage. My husband and I started out doing medieval re-enacting and we time travelled into the era of the US Civil War which is a total blast. We play both sides, depending on which side needs people at any event. My favorite is putting on the dress and the hoops and everything that goes with it! Even the corset isn't all that bad. The picture was taken last weekend, the dress was my Gettysburg project as I wanted something a little snazzier for the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg which takes place this July...

Pinot's Mom
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM

As most of you know, I am Maggie; this is a picture of my husband and myself taken this spring. I am (today) 53 years old, have been married 31 years and at the same company for 24. My current position is customer service supervisor.

We have one kitty, our Princess Pinot, who as you also know is SIX. ;) My husband and I love to travel, have been many places in the world, as well as camping all over the States, and look forward to much more. We are active in our church (Presbyterian), both are involved with music (I sing in a choir and dabble in some instruments; Coop plays trumpet and guitar), we're blessed to live in a beautiful spot with the state forest as a backyard (where we see all manner of wildlife often), we enjoy visiting wineries and savoring the wine, good food, and we have a good life.

This is our newest camper.

I suppose that's it for the moment. Nice to find out more about everyone!

:)

carole
06-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Wow what interesting lives you all lead,so lovely to meet you all,thanks for participating.;)

Karen
06-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Here's a picture of me, we were at the Broadmoor Audobon Society sanctuary, so I asked Paul to take a picture.
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56567&d=1370999818

It is typical me - and you can see how my hair looks reddish in the sunlight, but it actually is brown like you see on the other side of my head!

Paul and I are the founders of this website, and it's been going for many years, and then we started Pet Talk a few years later, and the rest is history! My hair generally does something different every day, in the next picture (that I didn't upload) it's what my sister and I call "Agghh Dad hair - when it goes straight up from my forehead for an inch and then goes left.

Resident of Massachusetts since birth, now living in Waltham, one town up north of Newton where we lived for many years. My degree is in Illustration, and Paul and I make websites for clients as well as doing this site. And as many know, I host and co-host a radio show for All Paws Pet Talk as well! Lifelong musician (born into it), I sing in the choir, currently tenor but can do soprano or alto as well, and play in the handbell choir.

Roxyluvsme13
06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
This isn't that recent but close enough, I look the same haha.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/401638_10151716899630548_1868837683_n.jpg

I'm Bri as most of you know. Ex-college student, currently working as a caregiver and eventually going to nursing school. I am owned by Brennan, Jake, Snow, Lily, Domino, Tallulah, Hershey, Fred, and Rosie. Quite the zoo haha.

I live in good ol' East Tennessee and yep, I have a southern accent. I have an awesome boyfriend named Michael and that's pretty much it.

Entertaining, huh :p

Karen
06-11-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm Bri as most of you know. Ex-college student, currently working as a caregiver and eventually going to nursing school.

Do start looking into nursing schools now, as some have waiting lists, just so can see if there's stuff you can do to prepare in the meantime!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Great thread!!
This is me nearly one year ago:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/lutalleen-1.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
06-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Do start looking into nursing schools now, as some have waiting lists, just so can see if there's stuff you can do to prepare in the meantime!

I have, the one I'm going to takes a select number 3 times a year based on a points system. The caregiving is good experience because I've discovered I love the work. I'm gonna work a bit and save some money then go :)

Karen
06-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Sounds good, its nice the caregiving is such a good fit for what you want to do! It will give you invaluable experience as well! And don;t forget, we have a couple nurses here on Pet Talk, so you'll have mentors available if needed!

chocolatepuppy
06-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Everyone looks great!:D

carole
06-16-2013, 04:48 PM
So lovely to see you all and learn all about everyone here, keep posting, very much enjoying your responses.:)

slick
06-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Me - September 2012 dressed for High School reunion

carole
06-16-2013, 10:24 PM
looking good there slick, nice to see you, thanks for sharing.:)

cloverfdx
06-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone :).

Slick I just love your dress, it is gorgeous :love:.

cassiesmom
06-19-2013, 11:56 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/kchuk7/8ddde4af-40ea-4945-8a07-ddee2941cf8d_zps7cedc73c.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/kchuk7/media/8ddde4af-40ea-4945-8a07-ddee2941cf8d_zps7cedc73c.jpg.html)

Hi, I'm Elyse and this picture was just taken about a month ago at my niece's baby shower. As I'm typing this, my cat Cassie is sitting next to me on the sofa. I'm a nurse... I started my first position as a staff nurse 26 years ago on June first. Right now I am working in the quality services department at one of the local hospitals. I look at medical records to evaluate patient outcomes, see what went well and where we can improve. It's a detail-oriented position and I'm a low-key, introverted detail person, so it is a great job for me. I sing in church choir, which is a joy most of the year. At Christmas and during Holy Week, like most people involved in church music, I get a little stressed! I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I'm the one who often lights a candle on the Pet Talk gratefulness.org candle page with the message: "Dear God, thank You for all of the very special people, dogs, cats and pets of Pet Talk!" Because I am very thankful for the Pet Talk Community!

p.s., my hair is a little shorter in this picture than in the one on my facebook page. I am happy with the length as it is in this picture. You can't tell from this photo but I got a really terrific haircut a couple of days before this photo was taken.

happylabs
06-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow. I haven't been here in a very long time. I almost never have time to get on here during work hours these days because I am very busy. Facebook has sucked up all of my computer time at home.

We have quite a few lovely ladies here, don't we?!?

Court. I love your hairstyle!

No pictures here at my work computer. Will post one later.

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Here's a fairly recent picture of me. I'm a dental technician and I hate my job. One reason is because I've been forced to start even later now and I never know when I'll get home each night. I'm also doing some pet sitting part time and I have a profile on care.com. I would love to be able to become a full time pet sitter. I have a growing cat family so I would describe myself as the crazy cat lady that your mother warned you about.;) I've never been married and I don't have any kids so my cats are my family and furkids. My cats are my life and I thoroughly enjoy taking care of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/24280b52-f36b-4438-a489-3afef48f0113.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krazyaboutkatz/media/24280b52-f36b-4438-a489-3afef48f0113.jpg.html)

BoaLover11
07-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Cassandra, and I just recently introduced myself in the Introduction forums.

I am 18 years old, and will be turning 19 this September. People always make fun of how short I am; I'm 5'1", although they know I can stick up for myself, so I don't get messed with very often. :P I recently graduated from high school, and I will be trying to sign up for college courses this fall. We had some trouble with signing my financial aid, so it got sent in a little later than I planned. But, hopefully it will be processed in time for me to start the Fall semester. I will be studying at Haywood Community College under a transfer program as an Associate of Science. I love animals, and I hope to become a Biologist, or a wildlife photographer. I still live with my father (my parents have been divorced for many years), and I will be staying with either one of my parents through college.

I take many photos (mostly of my snakes lol), and so far I am self-taught, but I hope to tie Biology with my photography in the future. I love many types of animals, but I am very biased towards snakes. :P I can't get enough of studying or talking about snakes, there's just something about them that's so addictive. I own two snakes as of now, a 3.5ft, 7 year old unsexed ball python and a 5ft, 2 year old male boa constrictor. I plan on adding more to my family in the next few years, and my dream snake is the reticulated python. They are the longest, and reportedly the most intelligent snake, and I love everything about them! Depending on how my life is in the next few years, I will either get a standard-sized or a super-dwarf.

I am not much of a gamer, be it video games, sports, card, or board games. But, I do like quite a few games. My favorite game is Skyrim, I just love being able to do so much in a game, which is why I love open-world RPGs so much. I also used to play the Yu-gi-oh! trading card game, which is the most demanding, mind-bending game I've ever played, but I've become distracted by snakes. lol I have a wide taste in music, but I'm also very picky, and there is much I don't like. I am definitely much more open-minded to music than I was freshman year, though! I will listen to anything from death metal to EBM, and occasionally classical. It depends on my mood and who it is.

When I lived with my mother, we were always going through pets. Lucky, Sweetie, and Tiger are the cats I've had the longest in my life. Lucky chose me as her owner over 7 years ago, when she came up to me, meowing for food and attention. She's been in my family ever since. When my dad got custody of us, she ended up becoming an outdoor cat (although she is now indoor), and got pregnant from one of the strays. She had three babies: Tiger, Sweetie, and Tom. Tom had to be put down before his first birthday due to a terminal back issue (my mom never did tell me exactly what it was, just something was bad with his lower spine). Tiger is still with us, but Sweetie has been missing, and I doubt we'll get her back. I am going to wait until I get in a bigger place to get a dog. My dad doesn't want any dogs here, so I have to wait until I move out. Which is really sad, because I saw this absolutely loveable Staffy mix at the shelter, and I wanted to bring him home so bad. :( I hope to study on pit bulls and American Staffordshires, and adopt a purebred or a mix, because I think they don't get enough credit. I also love Siberian huskies, and have had a few over the years.

I also love anime and manga, but nowhere near as much as snakes. Everyone in my family call them the "freak cartoons." lol But, I've been hooked since I saw an episode of Dragonball Z when I was 4 years old, although I had a hiatus for many years before getting back into anime/manga again. I much prefer the English-dubbed, and I don't understand the people who vehemently oppose the English versions, especially when much of their reasons for preferring English-subbed are actually untrue. My favorite anime are definitely Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, all the Dragon Ball series (except Kai - ugh), among many others.

Here's a few of me with my two little guys, and one from my Costa Rica trip last year.
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p600/dtr_2009_/IMG_2181_zpseedebf31.jpg (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/dtr_2009_/media/IMG_2181_zpseedebf31.jpg.html)

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p600/dtr_2009_/IMG_1841_zps68a35313.jpg (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/dtr_2009_/media/IMG_1841_zps68a35313.jpg.html)

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p600/dtr_2009_/P1040623.jpg (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/dtr_2009_/media/P1040623.jpg.html)

Karen
07-06-2013, 07:04 PM
You sound like you'll fit right in here!

Casper
07-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I also love anime and manga, but nowhere near as much as snakes. Everyone in my family call them the "freak cartoons." lol But, I've been hooked since I saw an episode of Dragonball Z when I was 4 years old, although I had a hiatus for many years before getting back into anime/manga again. I much prefer the English-dubbed, and I don't understand the people who vehemently oppose the English versions, especially when much of their reasons for preferring English-subbed are actually untrue. My favorite anime are definitely Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, all the Dragon Ball series (except Kai - ugh), among many others.

One of my first anime loves was Dragonball Z, too. C: Its super nice to see another anime/manga fan on PT.

carole
07-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Ah both my kids loved dragonball Z as well, great to meet everyone and wow those snakes are so beautiful and i would be scared to do what you do , but you obviously know your snakes well.,and you are not short ,im only 5ft 2 inches myself, i would call us average :D.

Please keep this thread going, it is so nice to put faces to names and learn about everyone's lives.:)

BoaLover11
07-09-2013, 06:54 PM
DBZ is the best. lol

And thanks! Not only do I enjoy having and working with them, but I've also helped a few people overcome their fear of snakes with them.

We're the new average. haha

Karen
07-09-2013, 07:00 PM
In some countries, the average height of women is around 5' 2" - here in the US it is 5' 4 1/2", so you are not that short, just below average! I am 5'6" and have noticed it depends on who I am with whether I feel tall or short! In the Boston area are a lot of immigrants from various parts of the world, and compared to some of the women from South American countries, I feel really tall!

carole
07-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Nothing a pair of good heels can't fix, i have never worried about being small in height, it no big deal to me or neither should it be , you are what you are.:)

Roxyluvsme13
07-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Cassandra, you're not short, you're fun sized :D

In some countries, the average height of women is around 5' 2" - here in the US it is 5' 4 1/2", so you are not that short, just below average! I am 5'6" and have noticed it depends on who I am with whether I feel tall or short! In the Boston area are a lot of immigrants from various parts of the world, and compared to some of the women from South American countries, I feel really tall!
That's good to know, I'm 5'4" occasionally, 5'5". :p

shais_mom
07-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Me - September 2012 dressed for High School reunion

:cool::cool:looking good Slick!! :)
:cool::cool:

pomtzu
07-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Be prepared to shrink as you age - especially if you have osteoporosis. Your vertebrae will settle - kinda like a new house settles. I used to be 5'2" - and now I'm an even 5'. I have actually had to put a cushion on my seat in the car, to be able to see properly when I'm driving. :eek::D

Alysser
07-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Glad I am not the only one who's "short" or "average" here LOL. I am 5'3". My mom is 5'5" and my Dad is 5'9" so I guess that's where I get it from LOL.

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm very tall compared to all of you. I'm around the 5'9" range. My mom used to be 6'1" and my dad was about 6'. As they've gotten older they have shrunk in height so they seem more my height now. My two brothers are about 6'5" so I'm glad that I'm not any taller than I am. My mom was only 12 when she stopped growing in height so many people thought that she was older than she really was. I've always wanted to be shorter but being taller does help if you end up gaining a little weight because then it doesn't show as much.;)

sallyandsnowx
07-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Wow, everyone here looks great!:D

I guess I'll introduce myself now! My name is Erin and I am nineteen years old. I am also in the short group; 5'1 as well. ;) I have a cat named Snow, a guinea pig named Lucky, a hamster named Theodore, and a betta fish named Charlie. Next month I will be moving out of my mom's home and going an hour away closer to school with a couple friends. My mom claims she is happy because "she won't have to deal with all the animals I bring home from school." Hehe :p I am a sophomore in college studying wildlife conservation. I plan on attending graduate school for marine biology post graduation. When I started college, my major was equine science; however, I soon realized that the horse industry was not quite for me.

This is me with the horse that I cared for my first semester of school. Her name is Pleasure and she was a complete sweetheart! She was pregnant and foaled in May. :love:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag69/erinnecho0/securedownload_zps5816f19e.jpg (http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/erinnecho0/media/securedownload_zps5816f19e.jpg.html)

Karen
07-10-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm very tall compared to all of you. I'm around the 5'9" range. My mom used to be 6'1" and my dad was about 6'. As they've gotten older they have shrunk in height so they seem more my height now. My two brothers are about 6'5" so I'm glad that I'm not any taller than I am. My mom was only 12 when she stopped growing in height so many people thought that she was older than she really was. I've always wanted to be shorter but being taller does help if you end up gaining a little weight because then it doesn't show as much.;)

Traci, you'd fit fine around me and my nieces, both of my older brother's girls are at least your height, I'm 5' 6" and Jenn, (Lady's Other Human) is about 5 7" I think, so you'd do fine with us! My friend Bonnie is 5' 10" and when she was drinking coffee at the age of 4, people always told her it would stunt her growth, to which she now replies "Thank heavens I did, or who KNOWS how tall I'd be!" It took me all the way past age 18 to reach my 5' 6", so I was not one who sprouted quickly like your mom!

There are folks of nearly every size and shape in our family, so being kinda in the middle, it depends who I hang out with whether I feel tall or short!

Cataholic
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM

I am Johanna, and have been around here what seems like forever. I have a 9 (almost) year old son, Jonah, a lot of cats and a dog. I spend most of my time either being a mom or a lawyer, and wouldn't change my life for all the catnip in China.

This is a photo taken last month on a riverboat cruise. I usually don't wear my hair up like this. :) My bf's fraternity alumni group had a cruise. It called for a little extra attention, he he he, as my preferred attire is casual.

Randi
07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Johanna, you still look the same - or better, after all these years. Good to see you again! :)

Cataholic
07-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Randi- how sweet of you to think so! Thanks. :)

Kirsten
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
A friend who is also a good photographer took some pictures of me yesterday. As you can see, I have visibly aged since I joined Pet Talk thirteen years ago:

http://www.catmom.de/2013/me2a.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/2013/me3a.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/2013/me1.jpg

For those who do not know... I'm Kirsten, I'm 47 and from Germany. I share my home with two feline girls, Luna (13) and Lily (10). Due to several medical conditions I'm on disability pension and try to do my best to cope with this difficult situation. I'm a passionate photographer and I've chosen a vegan lifestyle because I believe that humans don't have the right to make other living beings on this planet suffer for our wellbeing.

Karen
07-13-2013, 04:33 PM
But Kirsten, you look great! Especially considering the battles you have been experiencing with your own body, that would prematurely age most people, but you are looking fine!

pomtzu
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
You look great Kirsten - and you too, Johanna!!!

Kirsten - just show me someone who hasn't aged in 13 years, and I'll show you who had the face lift!! :eek: I swear that I've aged 15 years in the last 6 or 7. I'm not one who ages gracefully - thus no current picture. :p

Alysser
07-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Johanna, I actually don't think I have ever seen a photo of you! You look beautiful :) And Kirsten, you don't look a day over 30, you've aged beautifully, if at all! :D

momcat
07-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't do pictures, anyone who dares point a camera at me does so at the risk of their life. But a little about me. I'm the paralegal in the state Office of Child Support Services and have been with the child support program for 31 years. I'm retiring in September with a plan well in place. I'll be doing legal research for animal welfare. Two of my friends established rescues so the three of us are going to join forces. While Danni and Fran run their rescues, I'll keep up on laws and regulations regarding animals, shelters, and rescues. Along with that, I'll keep up with pending animal legislation here in New Jersey. I love all animals and am owned by my kitty Groucho. He lets me live in the house. I also love music and spend a lot of time under my headphones. My favorites are music from the 50's; Celtic Renaissance; just about anything by Peter, Paul, and Mary; country; and the 60's. I love the mountains and get up to see my cousin in the Catskills every chance I get. Then there are the old movies with such greats as Humphry Bogart, the Marx Brothers, James Cagney, Bette Davis, Alfred Hitchcock - that whole era. I also love to cook when I have the time. My interests are astronomy, environmental issues, politics, court cases in the news, history, and literature. If I could do anything I want regardless of cost - I'd buy a couple hundred acres in the Catskills, keep maybe 5 acres to build my dream log cabin house then have the rest designated as a wild life refuge. You can go in the refuge on foot or horseback only. The only changes to the refuge will be those the animals make themselves. No hunting would be very strictly enforced.

I love Pet Talk! Computers and I have a "hate you, hate you more" relationship. This is the only computer place I ever come to. Everyone, be well!

Asiel
07-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Kirsten you look fantastic in your pictures. I don't have any pictures close enough of myself to post. Might be best that way-- I think you might be too young looking and would make me look older than I am... :D

Jessika
07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Even though I don't post as much lately I do still pop by from time to time to check out threads... I've been a member here for I can't remember how long now, figured I would join in as well...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/q71/s720x720/300604_10151695032199048_1539806518_n.jpg

Me with my cousin, my new baby niece!!!, and my cousin's two puppies! I mean, seriously, how much cute could you possibly squeeze in to one picture?

I am an RVT working at a small animal clinic near St. Louis, MO. I keep myself VERY busy between a full time job and pet sitting in what little free time I manage to find. I am owned by one Aussie (Jamie), two kitties (Voltron and Espeon), and two Sugar Gliders (Banjo and Kazooie).

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 1/2 years now... as taboo as it is, we met nearly 13 years ago in an AOL chatroom but never met face-to-face until ~3 years ago... and the rest is history. He lived 13 hours away and we dated long-distance for a few months before he had the opportunity to freelance (he is a graphic/web designer for New Balance) and he just packed up and moved up here to be with me. We are even closing on a house in 3 days!!! So lots of excitement happening for us... and possibly a new addition once the dust settles (of the furry or scaly, 4-legged kind!!!).

I'm also into anime/manga... a recent favorite being Bleach... but Gundam Wing has always been a love of mine. I don't consider myself a gamer of sorts either but I do love to play some RPGs; played World of Warcraft for probably close to 6 years before I stopped playing... and of course I play pretty much any Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon game in existence... but my recent addiction is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I love, love, love, love Tortoises... I've owned Red Eared Sliders, "Box Turtles", and Russians in the past... Not so much a fan of anything that needs to live in an aquarium, though... loved my Russian but lost him in my divorce (my ex took nearly all of our pets we had...). Looking into possibly adding a Red Foot once the tornado from moving passes by.

Miss Z
07-20-2013, 04:15 PM
It's been ages since I've seen one of these threads - everyone is looking great!

I'm Zara, I'm 21 and I'm studying veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College at the University of London. I originally hail from Lancashire in the north-west of England and have a slight northern accent, although 3 years living in the south is starting to take its toll! I recently gained a first class honours BSc in bioveterinary sciences and preclinical veterinary medicine, and have 3 more years of clinical studies left until I (hopefully) make it as a qualified vet.

I don't have any pets of my own due to my current student living arrangements, although as this is about to change soon as I'm moving to a more permanent location. In the past I've had cats and all manner of small furries!

My hobbies include horse-riding, debating, sketching and travelling, and have recently got back from a trip to Zimbabwe in which I worked with wildlife as a vet student. Friends would describe me as academic, a little outspoken and very loyal. I admittedly take a while to fully trust people, but when I do, we have a lot of fun! My friends and I take a lot of photos, and I generally put up with me looking rather ridiculous in them. :p

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/P1080561.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/P1080561.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/P1080770.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/P1080770.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/DSC00028.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/DSC00028.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/DSC01125.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/DSC01125.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/1001838_188490777976921_912614574_n.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/1001838_188490777976921_912614574_n.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/793904_10151428111346391_748468738_o.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/793904_10151428111346391_748468738_o.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/DSC00345.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/DSC00345.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/DSC00322.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/DSC00322.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/DSC01205.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Miss_Z_rat_luver/media/DSC01205.jpg.html)

BoaLover11
07-24-2013, 12:51 PM
It's been ages since I've seen one of these threads - everyone is looking great!

I'm Zara, I'm 21 and I'm studying veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College at the University of London. I originally hail from Lancashire in the north-west of England and have a slight northern accent, although 3 years living in the south is starting to take its toll! I recently gained a first class honours BSc in bioveterinary sciences and preclinical veterinary medicine, and have 3 more years of clinical studies left until I (hopefully) make it as a qualified vet.

I don't have any pets of my own due to my current student living arrangements, although as this is about to change soon as I'm moving to a more permanent location. In the past I've had cats and all manner of small furries!

My hobbies include horse-riding, debating, sketching and travelling, and have recently got back from a trip to Zimbabwe in which I worked with wildlife as a vet student. Friends would describe me as academic, a little outspoken and very loyal. I admittedly take a while to fully trust people, but when I do, we have a lot of fun! My friends and I take a lot of photos, and I generally put up with me looking rather ridiculous in them. :p

That's so awesome that you got to go to Zimbabwe! I don't get to travel much, especially out of country, I only left the USA once, and that was last year, to Costa Rica. But, hopefully that will change as I begin my studies. :D You don't look ridiculous, you look like you're having a good time! I wish my hair was as cooperative as yours. lol

kaycountrygal
07-24-2013, 05:39 PM
July 24 2013
Hello,
I just read the entire thread and enjoyed reading about all of you and seeing photos too.

I'm Kay and I live in central NC & have 3 pets as seen below plus 3 goats not shown. I retired several years ago after working 30 years as a secretary/accounting person. I live in the country and love it and have never lived in the city. I met my fiance late in life and we enjoy our pets as seen below. Other hobbies include the computer, tv, and movies, and being outside, especially walking and sitting at the pond watching and feeding the fish. I didn't know much about computers until 2005 (still don't know a lot) when I hired someone to order one for me and then teach me how to use it. It's great... until it breaks :).

I note many of you told your height. I'm like another of you who said she used to be 5'2" and is now 5'...me too. I was going to be brave and post a photo of me but my computer is not willing to post photos these days at this site. If I ever get the problem fixed, I'll post one. Just want to say how much I enjoy this pet site.

Roxyluvsme13
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
July 24 2013
Hello,
I just read the entire thread and enjoyed reading about all of you and seeing photos too.

I'm Kay and I live in central NC & have 3 pets as seen below plus 3 goats not shown. I retired several years ago after working 30 years as a secretary/accounting person. I live in the country and love it and have never lived in the city. I met my fiance late in life and we enjoy our pets as seen below. Other hobbies include the computer, tv, and movies, and being outside, especially walking and sitting at the pond watching and feeding the fish. I didn't know much about computers until 2005 (still don't know a lot) when I hired someone to order one for me and then teach me how to use it. It's great... until it breaks :).

I note many of you told your height. I'm like another of you who said she used to be 5'2" and is now 5'...me too. I was going to be brave and post a photo of me but my computer is not willing to post photos these days at this site. If I ever get the problem fixed, I'll post one. Just want to say how much I enjoy this pet site.
Kay, have you tried uploading your pictures at photobucket or another image hosting site and tried to post them?

sparks19
07-25-2013, 05:08 PM
It's so nice to see pics of you all. I don't think I knew what any of you looked like before now :)

here is my photo... it's actually my Before and After photo on facebook lol.

My name is Tanya and I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada but have been living in Lancaster PA for the last 7 years. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to Hannah who is almost 6 years old now (CRAZINESS) and I work very part time as a teachers assistant for a preschool two mornings a week which Hannah gets to attend with me. We still have our two dogs, Beezer and Belle.

In the photo you see I've lost a lot of weight. I was nearly 300 lbs in the first photo and after a health scare (which turned out to be just a panic attack but was enough to set me straight) I set on a mission to lose weight and be healthy. I started with just diet changes... portion control, eating healthier, etc. Since January I have joined Beachbody and have two wonderful coaches who help push me along and keep me motivated. One is a dear friend from our church who is also on a journey to being healthier and the other is our "headmaster" and he is a wonderful motivator and very knowledgeable and encouraging. I started going to fit club once a week and since then I brought my workouts home and workout there 6 days a week. I've completed three different workout programs and have the T shirts to prove it LOL and I am working on #4 which is Focus T25... VERY tough and very intense. I've run a few 5k's since January. I've lost over 100 lbs... down to about 185 and I still have some more work to do but I'm focused and driven to be the healthiest me I can be. My husband of 8 years this august has joined me in this journey to health and we are pushing each other along.

So between being healthier, homeschooling and keeping up after Hannah my days are pretty busy :)

Alysser
07-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!

Karen
07-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Too soften the blow of how disgusting I look in this photo I made it smaller. My chins are showing :P But I thought it was too cool not to post! It's me holding a Tegu yesterday at the County Fair! I almost look as fat as him LOL. I had just done a little research on them for a future class *project* and I was actually surprised to have met one haha!

You don't look disgusting - you look delighted!

Casper
07-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Alyssa, first off, you don't look fat in the slightest bit! I am far too familiar with the dreaded double chin, and I'm 113 lbs. Its a curse. :o
Second off, thanks for holding my dream lizard for me, you can now deliver him to my house. :cool:

Roxyluvsme13
07-26-2013, 09:38 AM
It's so nice to see pics of you all. I don't think I knew what any of you looked like before now :)

My name is Tanya and I am originally from London, Ontario, Canada but have been living in Lancaster PA for the last 7 years. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom to Hannah who is almost 6 years old now (CRAZINESS) and I work very part time as a teachers assistant for a preschool two mornings a week which Hannah gets to attend with me. We still have our two dogs, Beezer and Belle.

In the photo you see I've lost a lot of weight. I was nearly 300 lbs in the first photo and after a health scare (which turned out to be just a panic attack but was enough to set me straight) I set on a mission to lose weight and be healthy. I started with just diet changes... portion control, eating healthier, etc. Since January I have joined Beachbody and have two wonderful coaches who help push me along and keep me motivated. One is a dear friend from our church who is also on a journey to being healthier and the other is our "headmaster" and he is a wonderful motivator and very knowledgeable and encouraging. I started going to fit club once a week and since then I brought my workouts home and workout there 6 days a week. I've completed three different workout programs and have the T shirts to prove it LOL and I am working on #4 which is Focus T25... VERY tough and very intense. I've run a few 5k's since January. I've lost over 100 lbs... down to about 185 and I still have some more work to do but I'm focused and driven to be the healthiest me I can be. My husband of 8 years this august has joined me in this journey to health and we are pushing each other along.

So between being healthier, homeschooling and keeping up after Hannah my days are pretty busy :)

You look amazing and I can't believe Hannah is 6!

Alyssa, you don't look disgusting! I am so jealous of your job haha.

BoaLover11
07-26-2013, 06:36 PM

That's a very big accomplishment, and it must take an insane amount of dedication! I congratulate you on your success. :D

Neither of you are fat. Although I'm not much of a fan of tegus, it's awesome you got to see one, and I hope the project you're planning goes well. :D

Pinot's Mom
07-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Pom & momcat - I COULD post pictures of both of you that aren't THAT old!! ;)

Tanya, you look fantastic, and I can't believe Hannah is six. She was three I suppose when we met her. Such a cutie - and maybe just a bit of a ham?!

sparks19
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone. I wouldn't say it takes a ton of dedication but it is hard work but knowing it's worth it is what keeps you going. Just eating right (most of the time LOL) and exercising regularly :)

Tanya, you look fantastic, and I can't believe Hannah is six. She was three I suppose when we met her. Such a cutie - and maybe just a bit of a ham?!

Thank you :)

I know... it's crazy. I can't believe it myself. Definitely a ham and more so with each passing day LOL

pomtzu
07-27-2013, 10:32 AM

:eek::eek:I forgot about those. You have permission to post the one of me in the group shot that was taken at a distance!!! :D Just don't tell anyone where the other pictures are.......:p

Catty1
07-27-2013, 11:15 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/new%202013/P7210004_zpsec52310b.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Candace_1956/media/new%202013/P7210004_zpsec52310b.jpg.html)

July 21st 2013 - my 57th Birthday.

That's my mom on the left. She turned 80 in June. She has had Parkinson's for about 4 years but still gets in her 1 hour walk almost daily!

After over 20 years as a musician on the road, I 'retired' to Alberta 15 years ago. I did a few gigs and worked in various office jobs. Computers had always interested me and in late 2008 I joined a startup computer company with a friend of mine as a mentor. We had a recession in early 2009. There weren't any "real" jobs available, so I decided to plough on and keep going with computers - the company had failed by then.

I Googled, made mistakes, called on my friend, learned tons just by doing - and finally this year I feel on an even keel.

I am owned by Oscar Mayer Wild a 10 year old tabby, Cole Rover Porter a fluffy black boy about 8 years old, and Zoe a tiny tabby-and-white foster failure who will be 13 this fall and is the biggest kitten of the lot!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/new%202013/P9280047_zps5a3719a1.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Candace_1956/media/new%202013/P9280047_zps5a3719a1.jpg.html)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/new%202013/P3240148_zps344eca3c.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Candace_1956/media/new%202013/P3240148_zps344eca3c.jpg.html)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/new%202013/P4220181_zps22458806.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Candace_1956/media/new%202013/P4220181_zps22458806.jpg.html)

kittycats_delight
08-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone, was waiting to take a new photo of myself before posting. So let's see where to begin.

I'm Michelle. I live in Italy. I have lived here for 6.5 years. I was born and lived in Canada before that for my entire life. I am owned by 6 cats and a dog. I'm married to a guy (from Italy) I met online 12 years ago. We have been married 9 years this past June. I have been a big girl most of my life and was diabetic for the last nearly 20 years until 9 months ago when I had Bilio-pancreatic Diversion done here in Italy. I have lost about 35 kg (about 77 lbs) since November 2012. I am a die hard Slayer fan. Love 80's music and photography is a big part of my life. I also adore cooking.

Anyway, onto the photos. I will post 3 total. One from October of 2012 (about 3 weeks before my surgery), another from April 2013 and one that was taken today. I still have 3 kg (about 6,5 lbs) to lose but am in preparation now to have reconstructive surgery done to get rid of the ungodly skin that remains. I am hoping to have my first surgery before the end of the year.

October 2012
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1148745_10151778987166273_886670077_n.jpg

April 2013
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/934860_10151579418456273_659149720_n.jpg

August 2013
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1148856_10151778988746273_594439811_n.jpg

Karen
08-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Looking great, Michelle! And you'll feel so much better when the surgery is done! My sister lost over 100 pounds after gastric band surgery, and said that was the most annoying part, feeling like the title character in "The Saggy Baggy elephant" - but she didn't want to grow back into it like he did!

caseysmom
08-08-2013, 07:12 PM
This is me and hubby last month, I had lost about 25 pounds. Thanks to Michelle motivating me my surgery is scheduled for September 12. I am so excited, I am down 29 pounds now also. I work out 6 times a week. I am having gastric bypass.

kittycats_delight
08-09-2013, 05:03 AM
This is me and hubby last month, I had lost about 25 pounds. Thanks to Michelle motivating me my surgery is scheduled for September 12. I am so excited, I am down 29 pounds now also. I work out 6 times a week. I am having gastric bypass.

You are well ahead of the game here. The fact that you are already exercising is fantastic. I have a friend who had the sleeve done 5 or 6 months ago and she has lost 100 lbs total so far (that was with the 35 she lost before the surgery). She still have a fair bit to take off. Not sure the exact amount as she doesn't care. She isn't at all concerned as to goals or anything like that. She has said she is happy to have taken this much off and if she doesn't lose more that is ok and if she does then that is ok too. I have another friend who had bypass done 4 months ago and she is down around 80 lbs total (that also includes what she lost before surgery...I believe she lost about 25). The results for both of them are great in such a short time. I know you will have amazing results too. Besides all that you really carry your weight well. You are a lovely woman. A very attractive woman. You have a lovely shape to your face and no double chin like me. With the bypass you are going to have fantastic results. You are going to be so happy. You have no idea how puffed up I feel when you credit me with motivating you. It is the best feeling ever. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see your results as you reach your goals.

I ♥ My Horses
08-09-2013, 09:06 AM

I'm Jenna, and I live on a farm in ********** Minnesota. We raise all sorts of animals! I am 5'6, brown hair and brown eyes that turn hazel in the summer, and I have a lot of build and muscle because of all the farm work I do:)I am a very talented rider, and I board two horses, Chester is a chestnut leopard appaloosa and Mysty is a Shire/Friesian/Paint mix. The picture shows me on Mysty. I am a fairly good jumper and I can canter bareback! I love to paint and sketch and my main subjects are animal skulls and snakes. I am a huge snake lover - I don't care what anybody says about them. I think they are absolutely amazing! They are just the same as other animals, they breathe, drink, and hunt to survive, they're not out to get us like many people say. I have my own python and he is a blessing. I currently go to Mcguire Middle Shool, going into 8th grade next year. I am a straight "A" Student. I play the Baritone Saxophone in the Band and the Jazz band, the instrument weighs 50 pounds but I still carry it to and from school. I can drive a Bobcat and operate it and use it to clean out stalls and stuff like that, I can also drive a truck, tractor, mower, car, 4-wheeler, RV, and so on, but of course a horse at best! I am a white belt in Kung-Fu, My sister and I just started and we are hoping to get to black belts.
That's a little bit about me!

I ♥ My Horses
08-09-2013, 09:08 AM
That pic of me didn't really turn out, here's a different one
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5r-UpUoEuKc/Uf7VoOyTdyI/AAAAAAAAD4I/E75wHUozRWg/w334-h523-no/0543.jpg

I ♥ My Horses
08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
BoaLover11 you are AWESOME! How man snakes do you have?? Do you have a blood python??? Your ball python is so cute! I have one too:)

I ♥ My Horses
08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
For BoaLover11 here is a picture of my little python!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5Epw4f08eTY/UegUSYRg0QI/AAAAAAAADZQ/OoZR2mSbpfk/w697-h523-no/0761.jpg

carole
08-11-2013, 05:12 PM
just bumping this thread up, been wonderful to meet you all and see you all, keep them coming please.:)

kaycountrygal
08-13-2013, 11:54 AM
To sparks19-Tanya and kittycat delight-Michelle,
Congrats on losing lots of weight. You both look fantastic and no doubt it's healthier not to be very overweight. I know how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. Good Luck! Enjoy your life... Kay in NC

micki76
08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Micki/purplehair_zps664c8f88.jpg

Me! *waves* Hi everyone, I'm a 46 year old mom to three furboys (Chester, Little Bit, and Bowser) living near Dallas. I love music and movies, and tend to get a little obsessed with actors and musicians. I have a spider tattoo and a dragon tattoo with another one in the works, as well as a monroe piercing. Everyone keeps waiting for me to grow up, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. ;) Like Court, I don't fit in too well around here. It's hard being a 'liberal hippie freak' in a very conservative state, but I have amazing friends and as much as I'd like to move away, I don't think I could leave them.

Oh, and I'm short too (5'3") and LIVE in heels. My husband says I would even wear high heeled slippers if they made them! :D

Karen
08-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh, and I'm short too (5'3") and LIVE in heels. My husband says I would even wear high heeled slippers if they made them! :D

Hee hee - if I ever see high-heeled slippers, I'll save 'em for ya! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2013, 01:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Micki/purplehair_zps664c8f88.jpg

Me! *waves* Hi everyone, I'm a 46 year old mom to three furboys (Chester, Little Bit, and Bowser) living near Dallas. I love music and movies, and tend to get a little obsessed with actors and musicians. I have a spider tattoo and a dragon tattoo with another one in the works, as well as a monroe piercing. Everyone keeps waiting for me to grow up, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. ;) Like Court, I don't fit in too well around here. It's hard being a 'liberal hippie freak' in a very conservative state, but I have amazing friends and as much as I'd like to move away, I don't think I could leave them.

Wow! If you hadn't told us your age, I would've thought that you were in your 20's to 30's. You sure don't look your age and it sounds like you don't act your age either which is a good thing. You'll stay young forever.;)

BoaLover11
08-19-2013, 04:37 PM
BoaLover11 you are AWESOME! How man snakes do you have?? Do you have a blood python??? Your ball python is so cute! I have one too:)

I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner, I haven't really been on. lol I just have the boa constrictor and the ball python. No, I don't have a blood python, and I don't really plan on getting one. Some snakes on my list: reticulated python (an SD if I don't think I'll have the means to provide for a standard-sized one), some B. c. constrictors, a B. c. occidentalis, a carpet python (can't decide on what kind), and a white-lipped python. Thanks, he'd be perfect if he wasn't so picky with his food. That's why I love boa constrictors so much more. :P

For BoaLover11 here is a picture of my little python!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5Epw4f08eTY/UegUSYRg0QI/AAAAAAAADZQ/OoZR2mSbpfk/w697-h523-no/0761.jpg

He's (just assuming gender lol) kinda dark, is he in shed? If he is, got any post-shed pics? :) He's pretty; he has really nice contrast. :D