PDA

View Full Version : Baseball time - the All Stars!

momcat
06-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
Now that it's getting on to summer in a matter of days, it's time for us to make plans to get a few baseball games on our itinerary. In fact, the All Star game is right around the calendar corner. Pinot, Cassie, and I have been talking about it and several of you said you want to go in another post. Maybe it would be best to post the details here to avoid confusion.

This year's game will be at Citi Field in New York. We already have a prime skybox right near all the food stands. Along with that, the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will be catering for us. Along with a fountain of cool water we're going to have a tuna juice fountain too!

Get your sunglasses ready and make sure your caps and favorite team jerseys are clean and still fit. Also, if you happen to have an extra baseball glove please bring it to share with our fellow kitties that don't have one.

There's a big surprise in store for our baseball champ Frankie. I can't give it away but, believe me, it's something he'll never forget.

Even if you've responded to the other post, please check in here. We need to know how many tickets to get and make sure supplies are adequate. I'll check with Soncat about the date of the game and other details.

Check in if you'll be coming - we have plans to make!

Your friend,
Grfoucho

katladyd
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Mac and Kimba are in. Mac is bringing a couple of extra gloves. He can't wait to play catch with Frankie again! He also has a bat, should he bring it? Kimba insists on bringing the bagpipes and harp with him. He's not that good on the harp, reallly, but it reminds him of Ming and he won't go anywhere without it! Maybe some one could give him a few lessons on it? Will the Catmobile pick them up or should they fly or Amtrak to the east coast?:confused:

cassiesmom
06-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Cassie wants to get a new pair of sunglasses before she leaves. We'll work on that soon.

catmandu
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Our Awesome Angels just love going to the Old Ballgame and having a Dodger Dog, or the Rays Tacos or the Brats in Milwaukee!!
They I have the feeling love the concessions more than the game , although catching flies and fielding grounders is a lot of fun too.:love::love:
They just love the Cubs, Brewers and the Yankeees where the food areas are delicioso!!!:love::love::love:

phesina
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
My gang are all in! They're so glad that Kimba is bringing his bagpipes and harp, because Elmer and Bob are bringing their pipes and Sparkler has her dancing shoes all polished up and ready to go.

They are looking forward to introducing the world to their touching rendition of "Somewhere over the rainbow" as part of their 7th-inning stretch performance.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

katladyd
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Kimba's precticing every day. Peace and quiet are now gone. This reminds me of when Ming would practice before an important performance. It's rather comforting in a way. But why, oh why, can't bagpipes be played quietly? We do live in an apartment with lots of neighbors!:rolleyes:

moosmom
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey Cool Cats!

Utchie here. Great news!!! Meowmie says we can go!!!! She was so proud of us being soooo good the weekend she was petsitting. Little does she know we pulled oFf the BIGGEST kitty Catmobile Bash in PT history!!!!

It was a close call though. No sooner had we gotten all the evidence cleaned up, and all the cool cats out, Meowmie came driving up as the Catmobile was turning the corner down the street! PHEW!!!!

So, we're good to go! Let me know when you'll be picking us up. Let's PARTAAAAAAY!!!!!!

momcat
06-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey there Utchie B! Concatulations, you got over on your Meowmie!!! It was an awfully close call though, we thought for sure she saw us at that corner.:eek: The usually very careful Catmobile driver told all of us to fasten our seatbelts before he even started the Catmobile then took off at warp speed. We thought we were done for and busted when Sparkler looked out the window and saw one of our litterboxes in her parking space. By then, there was nothing we could do because Cassie, Pinot, and Frankie saw her car turning in. My Meowmie doesn't know about your blow out party. I was afraid if she knew, she'd tell YOUR Meowmie. We both know what would have happened then!

Your cuz,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM

OK kitties, we're set to go!!

2013 MLB All-Star Game's to be held July 16th at Citi Field in Flushing, Queens, New York City, the home of the New York Mets. This will be the first time that the Mets have hosted an All-Star Game since 1964.

Let's make sure there are no slip ups between now and then - we had too close a call at the blow out Utchie B party!

Let me know if you need any further info on the arrangements - we'll be loading up the Catmobile on Sunday the 14th to make all the pick ups. :)

See you soon!

Purrs, Pinot

katladyd
06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Mac here. Me and my pain-in-the-behind little bro are for sure in for this one! I hope it's as great as Utchie's party! I'm bringing my glove and bat and Kimba is bringing his pipes and harp. So where is the Catmobile picking us up? We could meet you guys at a halfway point or something, unless there are going to be other west coast pick ups. Oh, by the way, last weekend meowmie got us some killer nip!;) We'll be sure to bring along enough to share. This is the good stuff!
See ya soon!

cassiesmom
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey there Utchie B! Concatulations, you got over on your Meowmie!!! It was an awfully close call though, we thought for sure she saw us at that corner.:eek: The usually very careful Catmobile driver told all of us to fasten our seatbelts before he even started the Catmobile then took off at warp speed. We thought we were done for and busted when Sparkler looked out the window and saw one of our litterboxes in her parking space. By then, there was nothing we could do because Cassie, Pinot, and Frankie saw her car turning in. My Meowmie doesn't know about your blow out party. I was afraid if she knew, she'd tell YOUR Meowmie. We both know what would have happened then!

Your cuz,
Groucho

Cassie is on her best behavior right now. No slip-ups before it's time to leave for the next Catmobile adventure.

momcat
06-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey fellow kitties!
As our next adventure approaches, I have an idea. Meowmie just renewed her membership with the Museum of Natural History in New York City. She and Soncat love the place because there's so much to see. They have real dinosaur bones, a big whale on the ceiling and there's even a planetarium with sky shows that make you feel like you're in outer space. There are a few places where we can score some tasty snacks PLUS places where the kitty ladies can shop for souvenirs. If you'd like to check it out, let me know and I'll take Meowmie's membership card.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Oh, definitely.. count us in!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Winnie, Angel, Chuck and Frankie are coming. Chip has to stay home this trip. He is recovering from a mystery fever and infection he had. He is doing very well now and for sure on the mend. Just want him 100% before he goes adventuring. :love:

momcat
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi MoFF,
How's Chip? I do hope your little guy is feeling better and staying out of trouble. Sending him gentle feel better lovies. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Winnie, Angel, Chuck and Frankie are coming. Chip has to stay home this trip. He is recovering from a mystery fever and infection he had. He is doing very well now and for sure on the mend. Just want him 100% before he goes adventuring. :love:

Chip and I thank you for asking about him. He is his usual ornery self again, picking on his bros and sisters. :D

cassiesmom
07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Cassie would like to visit the museum! She has been very talkative these past few days!

momcat
07-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Cassie would like to visit the museum! She has been very talkative these past few days!

Don't worry, Cassie. I just found out that Meowmie and Soncat both have member cards for the museum so I plan to take both of them. I'm going to check the computer, we get emails telling us about special things going on there. Maybe I should try for Meowmie's credit card while I'm in her wallet too. Afterall, this is a Catmobile adventure and we both know that anything goes.

We're due to leave in a few more days so I'll have to call Pinot to finalize arrangements for the Catmobile. Keep your cell phone on, I'll call you after talking to Pinot.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
07-10-2013, 06:39 AM
We read in Slick's Yodi's introduction thread that he has already learned the rule about never letting himself be on the opposite side of a closed bathroom door from his new meowmie. We wonder if some-kitty told him about the rule or maybe e-mailed or texted him about it. Cassie wishes she had thought to fill Yodi in on the rule, but she's glad he figured it out! Excellent work, Yodi! One should never be on the outside of a closed bathroom door. At our house this also applies to grandmeowmie visits.
:love: :love: Welcome home, Yodi, beautiful meezer kitty!

momcat
07-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi fellow purrents!
Well, the Catmobile boarded all of the travellers and they were on their way early Saturday morning. They were delayed because of a bad thunderstorm on Friday. Since a few of the kitties were scared of the thunder, I couldn't say no when they asked to stay one more night then they ran and hid under Soncat's bed. After a great breakfast compliments of the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe, they were on their way.

No word from Groucho yet so they must be busy partying and catching up on the latest gossip. All I know right now is that Frankie is in for a huge surprise when they get to the All Star game.

cassiesmom
07-16-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm surprised that Cassie hid under the bed with everyone there. At home she usually only does that when I'm not here.

Text from Cassie...
Hi Meowm
We are in NYC
And you are not, ha haaa!
I won't tell you whether Frankie caught a ball at the Home Run Derby or not
You will have to wait and see.
It is hot outside, but the Catmobile is nice and cool with plenty of fresh water to drink.
And it is full of my kitty friends too!
Lubz,
Cassie

momcat
07-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I just got a call from Groucho. All the kitties are at the stadium settling in and getting excited. Frankie is on a cloud right now. The kitties were standing along the fence watching the players warm up when a few of the players invited them to come down and run the bases. As they were on the field Frankie was in his cap and had his baseball glove. He snagged a ball from batting practice!

And now for Frankie's big surprise - he was invited to be the bat boy for the game and will see the action from the dugout right at field level. He's beside himself sitting there hanging out with the players. Groucho said he's out there now playing catch with some of the All Stars. One of the field crew went to the Catmobile skybox to get his bat. Looks like our Frankie is going to have a night to remember.

Please let us know if you hear from your Catmobiler.

katladyd
07-17-2013, 01:25 AM
I just got a text from Mac: "I'm so proud of Frankie! The little guy done good!" He just loves Frankie to death and is so proud of him!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
I got a phone call from Frankie!!! He sounded like an excited chipmunk!!! All I could understand was one word: baseball!!! Glad to hear he is having fun!!! :D:love::love:

momcat
07-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Got an email from Groucho. All of the kitties are so proud of Frankie, he did an extraordinary job as bat boy during the game. Frankie told the other kitties that he met Mariano Rivera, they talked baseball and Mariano gave him some pitching tips. The American League players then gave him a game ball as a memento of his big night. Frankie was so excited he could barely go to sleep and hasn't put his game ball down for a second. I, for one, am looking forward to Frankie calming down enough to give us all the details.

Enjoy your high, Frankie, now you're a star too!

katladyd
07-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Seems like this has been another happy Catmobile adventure. I wonder what the girls bought for themselves this time? Kimba said the girls disappeared sometimes for some shopping.

cassiesmom
07-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Cassie is happily snoozing in one of her favorite hiding spots - under the lamp table. I did notice an unfamiliar shopping bag in the hallway, though I didn't look inside it. Should I check the credit card charges?

momcat
07-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Cassie is happily snoozing in one of her favorite hiding spots - under the lamp table. I did notice an unfamiliar shopping bag in the hallway, though I didn't look inside it. Should I check the credit card charges?

Hi Elyse,
After a Catmobile trip? Most definitely check your credit card charges! Mine just came and there's something for what looks like quite the seafood feast at a New York eatery.

I've been wondering if Frankie has said anything about his big night at the All Star game.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi Elyse,
After a Catmobile trip? Most definitely check your credit card charges! Mine just came and there's something for what looks like quite the seafood feast at a New York eatery.

I've been wondering if Frankie has said anything about his big night at the All Star game.

Frankie has not told me a thing about his big adventure but he did tell Chip and Chester and show them his baseball. He still sleeps with it. I think it is signed too but when I try to peek, he lays on it. I take it he had a grand time though.

My biggest concern is where to find closet space for all the things Winnie and Angel brought home. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Can someone PLEASE tel me how to get Frankie to stop singing Take me out to the ballgame????????? :love:

momcat
07-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Can someone PLEASE tel me how to get Frankie to stop singing Take me out to the ballgame????????? :love:

From what I hear from Groucho, Frankie was quite a hit with the All Star players. Wait until his baseball jersey arrives with autographs from the players. They must have told him how impressed they were with his talent on the field. As for how to get him to stop singing his new favorite song - let him know how very much you want him to tell you about his part in the game. His PT fans want to know too!

cassiesmom
08-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Cassie would like to know if there are plans for the long Labor Day weekend. She would like to have a picnic and eat a special treat- tuna. Kitties, you are welcome to come for a picnic in Chicago if you like.

momcat
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Cassie would like to know if there are plans for the long Labor Day weekend. She would like to have a picnic and eat a special treat- tuna. Kitties, you are welcome to come for a picnic in Chicago if you like.

Hi Cassie,
This is a super-wonderful idea! Will the Cubs be playing a home game that weekend? Definitely count me in!
Maybe you should start a new thread for this so we can be sure that everyone will be sure to see it. I'll call the local Jaguar dealer in the morning to get our bid in for the Catmobile.

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
08-02-2013, 12:09 AM
All Mac and Kimba said was, "Chicago Dogs!' I guess they're in. Mac is hoping Frankie will bring his mitt so they can throw a few balls.:D

Jessika
08-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Espeon is a huge Cardinals fan. :)

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/7273_10151724101789048_41836738_n.jpg

cassiesmom
08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Cassie,
This is a super-wonderful idea! Will the Cubs be playing a home game that weekend? Definitely count me in!
Maybe you should start a new thread for this so we can be sure that everyone will be sure to see it. I'll call the local Jaguar dealer in the morning to get our bid in for the Catmobile.

Your friend,
Groucho

The Cubs will be home for all of the Labor Day weekend. They play the Florida Marlins on Labor Day. If the weather is fine, maybe we could take a walk in Millennium Park.

cassiesmom
09-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Cassie has contacted the dealer about having a plaque placed on the Catmobile. It would become the Memorial Catmobile to remember Groucho and all of the RB Catmobile guests.

momcat
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Cassie has contacted the dealer about having a plaque placed on the Catmobile. It would become the Memorial Catmobile to remember Groucho and all of the RB Catnturesvemobile guests.

Oh Cassie,
You'll never know how very much this has touched my heart. Actually, from reading this I have LES. Groucho always looked forward to going on Catmobile adventures and spending time with his kitty friends. My wish is
for all of the Catmobile kitties to continue going on your special adventures. I'm sure that Groucho and his fellow RB kitties will be with you in spirit. Thank you for your incredible act of kindness.

Lots of love,
Auntie Momcat