PDA

View Full Version : #535, Beach Trip Thursday.

RICHARD
05-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Time to pack up the stuff and go to the beach.

A day on the warm sand with a cool breeze is what is called for.

--------

I just have to forget the storms that are braeking out all over the place.

How's about some salami sandwiches - olives, pickles, onions on a hard roll with a spicy mustard, mayo or oil and vinegar.........some sliced fruit on the side and rum punch?

We'll do a seafood bake when the sun goes down and finish it off with a S'more?

Done!

cassiesmom
05-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Oh boy, I am hoping for a trip to the beach in Indiana or Michigan later this year. Today would be a good day to fly a kite on the beach, because it's super windy. I'll pass on the rum punch for now, but I've made iced tea if anyone would like some w ith me.

Queen of Poop
05-30-2013, 02:04 PM
I'll have an iced tea, please and thank you. It's raining here today. Wishing I was on the beach, sun shining, palm trees rustling in the breeze......

Lady's Human
05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Welll, being that I just spent the bulk of the afternoon filing and wading through VA paperwork, I'll join you on the beach.

My former commander has a whiteboard in his office with "Where's your happy place" written at the top. His illustration of his happy place was a palm shaded beach.

I'll have one o' them sammiches with everything, please, and did someone bring the seement mixer for the slushies?

Pinot's Mom
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica! :)
I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/bestbeaches/3284785/Best-beaches-Seven-Mile-Beach-Jamaica.html

RICHARD
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Six weeks to Negril, Jamaica! :)
I'll practice with a frozen rum drink, please, with some of that fresh seafood!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/bestbeaches/3284785/Best-beaches-Seven-Mile-Beach-Jamaica.html

One frozen rum punch and a seafood platter!
Done!

LH,

An everything sandwich and a ceement mixt slushie!

Done!

QoP,

Ice tea and hot sand?
DONE!

CM,
A long kite line and an Ice Tea!

DONE!

Karen
05-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

Watermelon!

RICHARD
06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Hot here, and sunny - a breezy beach would be nice, but I burn so badly, I'd have to pack my 100spf sunscreen! And not forget my forehead - I tend to count on my bangs to shade my forehead, but any wind and they are blown back!

Watermelon!

I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!

Karen
06-03-2013, 02:47 PM
I bought a seedless model a few days ago and it's pretty good.

Watermelons make me think of my dad.

He'd always take the end off, it make a great bowl, then squeeze some lemon or lime on it, a pinch of salt, a spoon and a seat on the back stoop and go for it!!

--------------

I think the Super Giant Beach Umbrella and Cyber Sun, will let you enjoy the day............but you'll have to reapply the sunscreen after a swim and wait at least 30 minutes after eating before your dip!

DONE!

I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?

RICHARD
06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
I always wonder how they grow seedless watermelons - except for the fact that there are often a few seeds in one, but are they hybrids that wouldn't grow true if you planted one, I wonder! And how does one have seed-spitting contests with a seedless melon?

I think it turns into a 'juice dribbling' competition?:D

I have half a WM in the fridge, time to turn it into a fruit salad.

I am taking suggestions for the ingredients.

Lady's Human
06-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)

RICHARD
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis (the fruit, not the bird!!!), bananas and OJ (to keep the bananas from turning to brown mush)

Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?

Lady's Human
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Done!

------------

I think some hot dogs or brats - yes I know what they are made of - sound good too!

Mustard potato salad?

Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.

RICHARD
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Funny, we just tossed a batch of 'tater salad in the fridge. Dogs and Brats sound good, too, along with some cold beer.

I couldn't help it, I was walking by the window and happened to look in...:eek:;)

Some cold beer?

Done!