PDA

View Full Version : Dog training - Don Sullivan?

RICHARD
05-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Has anyone tried this system to train their dogs and how did it go?

I am interested in using it and would like to know if anyone has tried it.

RICHARD
05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I began to train the Tuckster using his system yesterday........

Sullivan is an animal trainer that sells a dog training system - its has a 'pinch' collar, leashes of different lengths and two DVDs where he explains how to use his techniques to train a dog.

----------------

I tried to train Tucker by myself and it worked to get him to sit and mind a few other commands.

I picked up a book where the writer suggested using treats to reward the dog....after a few sessions the dog was more interested in the treats than what I was saying.

--------

I saw the commercial for the system and decided to give it a try.

Tucker isn't a perfect dog, but he's stubborn and likes to bark! I wouldn't mind a few barks, but he goes on and on with the mailman, the UPS trucks and when people walk past the house with other pets.

I see he can be trained, but was at a loss on how to get him to the point where we can go out and I don't have to worry about him barking, lunging at other dogs.....

(My main goal? to get him to go to a Bark in the Park event!)

-------------------------------

Two days into the first session - walking him without pulling on the leash?

We started yesterday and before we got back from our .5 mile walk I had him at my side and NOT pulling at the leash. Today?

He walked most of the way and I only had to correct him a handful of times!

IF he continues to progress at this rate, he should be able to drive a car in two weeks:o:confused:;)

Even tho this the first few days of training, I am looking forward to doing more work with him!:D

Karen
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Any method is better than no training! I am guessing no one bothered to train him before, and as he's a smart boy, just being consistent will be great! Make sure Doris is in on the plan as well if she walks him!

RICHARD
06-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Update!

We have been working on walking around the circle and it's improved his 'attention span'.

It seems that Tuck is a bit more relaxed and not as goofy as he used to be....

MOre details as the become available.