PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

pomtzu
05-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I haven't been around much lately - busy with a lot of different issues and preparing to move to NC. Unfortunately this morning I lost my race against time, as I was going down to live with my brother and niece, and help out since my brother's health was failing. I received the dreaded call at 4 a.m., that my brother passed away at 3 a.m. He needed heart surgery that he was unable to have until he regained some strength, but it wasn't meant to be. He was 78 years old and led a long and active and productive life until this past year or so. I just wish I could have gotten there in time to see him one last time.

I will miss him dearly. I am now the lone survivor.............

Love you, Charlie

Bengalz
05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I am so sorry for your loss:(. I only have one sibling - my big brother and he is my treasure:love:. I can't imagine how painful it would be to lose him.

Keep your memories of your brother close and grieve as you must. Hugs, Betty

4 Dog Mother
05-21-2013, 09:23 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother - I am the second to youngest and I can't imagine what it will be like when they start leaving this world.

Lady's Human
05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Peace, Pom. Hugs and rest assured that while you may be the lone surviving sibling, your are NOT alone.

Queen of Poop
05-21-2013, 09:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Randi
05-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Think of the good times you had, and know your brother is at peace now.

(((hugs)))

Taz_Zoee
05-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. You do have a big family here on PT though, don't forget that.

Hugs to you.

Cataholic
05-21-2013, 09:57 AM
I am so terribly sorry, E. So, very, very sorry. My thoughts are with you.
Johanna

Catty1
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
pom, I am so sorry. I had just the one sister who died 7 years ago. I hope your brother's passing was peaceful.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs to you. :love:

phesina
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
I am so very sorry, Ellie. Deepest sympathy to you and all who love your brother and grieve him so much.

The love that you and he share is eternal. May God bless you and bring you peace and comfort.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and love to you. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
05-21-2013, 10:38 AM
I am so very sorry to read about your brother. May he rest in peace with the angels.

Karen
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Sending lots of hugs, and offering a shoulder to cry on. You're in our prayers.

Pinot's Mom
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh, Ellie, I'm so sorry about your brother. Prayers - let us know if you need anything. :love:

mbsmum
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.

Asiel
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Prayers and hugs go out to you Pom :love::love: -- so very sorry :(

cassiesmom
05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Peace, Pom. Hugs and rest assured that while you may be the lone surviving sibling, your are NOT alone.

Right. What LH said. Thinking of you, offering a prayer and sending (((HUGS))) ---
Elyse

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Ellie, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Grace
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Ellie, I am so very sorry :love:

caseysmom
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family.

Felicia's Mom
05-21-2013, 03:15 PM
I am sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers.:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss!!! :love:

My brother and I are the last of our immediate family. I know how alone you must feel!!! Prayers on the way for you both. :love:

lizbud
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.:( I was without internet access for most of the day, so I'm just now
able to respond to your thread. There were six children in my family and I have lost two younger brothers
and now have one sister & two brothers.

I'm sure your brother knew in his heart that you would have been there for him, if at all possible, but
the decision is up to God not us. May God grant you peace & comfort in these sad days ahead.
(((Hugs)) to you Ellie.:love:
Liz

Freedom
05-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Ellie, I am so sad to read this news. Sending you cyber hugs.

kaycountrygal
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Pom, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It seems as if we never have enough time with our loved ones, people or pets. I have one brother and I would be so distraught if something happened to him. You have my condolences. ((hugs)) Kay

pomtzu
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank you. Your kind words have touched my heart more than you can imagine. I love you all, my PT Family. :love::love:

carole
05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
oh no i am so very sorry to read this, so sad for you all, my heartfelt sympathy is going out to you at this very sad and difficult time for you, please know i am thinking of you, HUGS, RIP Charlie:love::love:

Scooter's Mom
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
My prayers are with you. I'm sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

chocolatepuppy
05-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm very sorry Ellie. :( You're in my thoughts and prayers.

robinh
05-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a sibling is so hard.

Alysser
05-21-2013, 10:55 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( I can't imagine! May your brother rest in peace and may you find some as well:(:love:

Bonny
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent your way Ellie. Sending my condolences to you & your family.

sana
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh God... :( So sorry to hear such sad news.. Hugs for you from OneDown and me :love:

smokey the elder
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

gini
05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Take some time for yourself now - try to relax a little and stay calm.
This has been a very taxing event for you and you deserve some down time. Blessings on your brother in heaven.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your big loss :love: !!!

pomtzu
05-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks again, everyone.

The memorial service is this Saturday. My son couldn't get any time off work, so he took a vacation day Friday, and we will leave DE Friday a.m., be in NC all day Saturday, then turn around and head back here on Sunday morning, since he has to work on Monday. It's about an 8 hour drive, but will probably take even longer since it's the holiday weekend. It's going to be whirlwind, hectic, and very tiring.

Then when I get back, I get to resume all the packing, since I am still moving to NC. I have about another 2 weeks left - I hope not much more than that. So it will be just my niece and me - 2 old ladies - and Myndi and their 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 parrots. She's 9 years younger than I am so we're more like sisters. I told her now we can go out and find us a couple of mountain men. NOT!!! At least it got a laugh out of her - and we sure need some of those.

Karen
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
2 old ladies - and Myndi and their 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 parrots. She's 9 years younger than I am so we're more like sisters. I told her now we can go out and find us a couple of mountain men. NOT!!! At least it got a laugh out of her - and we sure need some of those.

With that menagerie, I am sure there will be laughter aplenty after this stressful time is done.

Asiel
05-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Wishing you a good and safe trip Pom. Sounds like your big move might be comforting to you and your niece. Take it easy and get some rest if you can--hugs to Myndi, hope she sleeps during the long trip.

moosmom
05-23-2013, 01:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Pomtzu. HUGS and prayers coming from CT.

lizbud
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Have a good and safe trip down and back from NC tomorrow.:) I hope you guys miss most of the Holiday traffic.

momcat
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM
At times our deepest feelings are the hardest to express. Maybe that's why I can't find the words to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your brother's passing. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

[[[[[HUGS]]]]] of comfort are sent for you. :love:

Steve Arnold
05-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm finding this quite late - I've been away for several days. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Moesha
05-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I hope you had a safe trip. Thinking of you today. So sorry for your loss.

chocolatepuppy
05-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Thinking of you Ellie. I pray for your safe travel. When you're all settled in after the funeral and the move you can get some much needed rest.:)
We will of course expect a few pics of the whole crew at your new place.;)

kaycountrygal
05-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Pom, I hope you're safely back from your trip to and from NC re your brother's memorial service. As I said in a previous post, I'm sorry for your loss. I live in central NC and am wondering where in NC you're going to locate (if you don't mind saying). Take care of yourself... Kay

Catty1
05-26-2013, 11:11 AM
{{{hugs}}}

pomtzu
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Thank you again, everyone. It was a tiring and stressful 3 days. We got home just after 6 last night.

The service for Charlie was lovely - simple, respectful and dignified. I'm certain he was pleased with it. I was doing fairly well until they played the Navy Hymn and the bugler played taps - then I lost it.........

The trip that Google claims is 8 hours, was over 10 hours. Maybe it's 8 in the very best conditions and never stopping for anything - otherwise no way! And we had no holiday traffic problems either going down or coming back. I had always taken the train down when I went to visit, so didn't know what to expect as far as driving went. Myndi traveled like it was something she did every day. I put her pillow bed on the back seat and sat back there with her. She would sleep, wake and look around for a while, then go back to sleep, etc. I was truly amazed - and definitely relieved!

When we got there it was a different story - 13 people in the house including 4 kids between the ages of 9 and 14 - dogs barking and somewhat semi-organized chaos (everyone came in from FL and us from DE) - so we all stayed there. My son was holding her and looking at one of the parrots, when the parrot let out with a big "meow" (learned from the cats), and scared the living daylights out of her. She went into a full blown, spazz-out panic attack and proceeded to pee and poop herself on the spot. I thought she was going to have a heart attack and I took her outside and sat with her and calmed her down. I thought for a minute that I would be bringing a dead dog home, but she settled down when she got away from all the confusion and noise. My son and I and Myndi slept in the motor home, so I took her in there where it was quiet and then she was fine - even ate her supper like she was half starved. She did good for the duration - BIG sigh of relief.

So life goes on and I'll get back to the task of getting ready to move - after I have a couple of days to unwind of course. Right now I'm just burned out.

And to Kay - I'm moving to Hickory.

phesina
05-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm so glad the service for Charlie was so lovely and touching and that your trip there and back was safe even if it took longer than you'd expected.. and what a funny story about Myndi and the meowing parrot! .. (if not so funny for you and Myndi while it was happening).

Welcome home, Ellie!

Love from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Asiel
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Glad to see you made it back without trouble El. I know it must have beem terribly hard to get through the whole service , especially when the Naval Hymn started playing. You've had a long haul, take time to rest up and catch your breath before resuming that packing.
Long trip for sure, you must have been so glad to get out of that car. Glad Myndi had no trouble, she's a trooper for sure.