PDA

View Full Version : e-cards - potential virus warning

Nomilynn
12-08-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I sent out all my ecards last night. All the cards have a tag so that when people receive the cards, I get a message saying that it got there and everything. This morning when I checked all my emails, I got a message with a virus in it. It wasn't from one of the card websites, but I RARELY get spam in this email box so please be careful. The file was called "midgets" or something like that, in a message called "the true story of snow white and the seven dwarves" from Hahaha.. I don't know who or what that is, but my virus protection caught it in time. I did not have any viruses when I sent out the cards last night.. so no viruses came attached to any cards. However, I don't know where this came from so I thought I would let everyone know. I hope you all liked your cards!!

Naomi

12-08-2002, 04:23 PM
OMG , this is giving me the "creeps" ... . Good thing that I am doing a "Live update" for viruses everyday !!!:eek:

Nomilynn
12-08-2002, 05:02 PM
I don't think it's going to be a problem. It may have come from a pop-up ad that I came across last night when I was doing someone totally different.. but as long as you are checking for viruses and all that, you should be fine. My virus checker caught it right away. I would just feel bad of someone had a problem and it could be traced back to me in some way!! :( :(