PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our newest (non furry) family member

wolflady
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Hello all! It's been so long that I've actively posted here on PT, but thought it was time to introduce my baby girl Sylvia Claire who was born Sept 21, 2011. She's been the center of my world for the past couple of years, but I'd like to try to get more active on this board again.

For those who don't know or remember me, I have 2 oriental shorthair kitties: Phinehas and Malachi. I used to live in CA and was lucky enough to attend many cat shows with Tracey (krazyaboutcats) who is absolutely wonderful! :) I sure do miss those days! 4 years ago, my husband and I moved back to my original home state of Indiana so we could settle down and start a family. It was a rough road, but Sylvia was worth it! She's very gentle with the kitties and loves all her stuffed animals, so I hope she's as big of an animal lover as I am! :)

smokey the elder
05-17-2013, 10:59 AM
What a sweetie she is! She looks like she's flirting, a bit!:) I'm glad she likes the animals.

Karen
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Welcome back to Pet Talk! What a great picture of Sylvia, those big brown eyes will melt hearts! We are glad she is growing up to be a kitty friend, and loves her stuffed animals, she'll a future Pet Talk member for sure!

And what do the kitties think of her? I remember when Lady's Human first brought their daughter home from the hospital (with Lady's Other Human of course), the cats refused to speak to him for days!

wolflady
05-17-2013, 11:11 AM
LOL Karen! I can imagine! They seemed indifferent at first, and then curious. Malachi is still leery, but Phinehas is such a good boy he allows Sylvia to pat him and when he's had enough, he walk away. I'm quite proud at how well everyone has adjusted. :)

ChrisH
05-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Sylvia is very beautiful! Great photo too.:)

Oh, and Welcome back to PT! :D

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I was lucky enough to attend one of those cat shows with you and Tracey!! :D

She is beautiful! Welcome back!! :)

caseysmom
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
I remember you congratulations she is adorable. My twin granddaughters were born aug 21, 2011 so approximately the same age.

Pinot's Mom
05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I remember you and your kitties as well. Welcome back!! Sylvia's eyes are just spectacular! :)

chocolatepuppy
05-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Welcome back! Sylvia is a sweetheart!:)

Catty1
05-17-2013, 10:20 PM
What a sweet face! She looks very petite. Is she?

Personality plus - thanks for the gorgeous photo!:)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
She's so cute! Welcome back to Pet Talk! :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Hi Karen welcome back!!!!:D Don't you also have a dachshund too? Sylvia is such an adorable little girl.:) I sure do miss pet sitting for your cats. I also miss being able to go to cat shows with you. Those were the good old days.:)

lizbud
05-18-2013, 10:00 AM
What a pretty name for such a beautiful little girl.:love:

phesina
05-18-2013, 11:47 AM
How sweet and darling she is! Welcome back, wolflady and Phinehas and Malachi, and welcome home, Sylvia Claire!

RockyRoad
05-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Welcome back, Karen! And congratulations on your absolutely precious baby girl! She is so beautiful already! :love:

Asiel
05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
What a beautiful baby, congratulations on the new addition, she's so lovely.
Guess she's been keeping you on your toes, they do grow up too fast.

Alysser
05-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Welcome back! Your daughter has gorgeous eyes, I am sure she was worth it. :D

carole
05-19-2013, 07:17 PM
i do remember you well, it is great to see you back, oh my gosh your daughter is just stunning,look at those beautiful eyes, what a little treasure, thanks for sharing, was an absolute delight to see her, keep coming by and letting us know how you and your family and furbabies are doing.:)

luvofallhorses
05-19-2013, 07:50 PM
She's adorable! :) Welcome back to PT!

wolflady
05-21-2013, 08:13 PM
What a sweet face! She looks very petite. Is she?

Personality plus - thanks for the gorgeous photo!:)

Yes, she is very petite. She's 19 months now and she's not even on that curve the pediatritions track at the office. She's on her own curve, but nothing the doctor is too concerned about. She arrived two months early and was only 4 pounds when she was born. It was a rough road for a little while, but she's doing great! I really am blessed.

Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone! :love:

wolflady
05-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Karen welcome back!!!!:D Don't you also have a dachshund too? Sylvia is such an adorable little girl.:) I sure do miss pet sitting for your cats. I also miss being able to go to cat shows with you. Those were the good old days.:)

I totally agree, Tracey! I do miss CA quite a lot, so maybe we'll move back one of these days! I still have my job, so that option is always open! You were definitely the best cat sitter EVER! I sure hope anyone that hires you knows how lucky they are! ;)

gini
05-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Karen you have been missed on this forum for sure. But if that beautiful little girl is the reason for your absence you are completely forgiven. What a darling little daughter she is........and congratulations.
Thank goodness all is well with her now. We do need to make sure she becomes a full fledged pet talker.
xxoo to you - Gini

popcornbird
05-25-2013, 03:27 AM
Omg!!!! You're a mom!!! She's beautiful! Congrats on your little girl, Karen!

Its funny, I was just thinking about you the other day! Time has flown by so fast, our lives have all changed over the years. So glad to see you are happy and well with a beautiful blessing. :) I hardly frequent pt now, with two children of my own, along with the tiels, so many responsibilities...no time, and I must admit, when I do get the time, I end up on baby center rather than pt. :o I have a 3 year old little boy and a 14 month old baby girl. I didn't know you moved back to Indiana. Hope you're loving life there. :)

I logged onto pt just to post in this thread...so excited to hear about your baby. :)

Vermontcat
05-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Your daughter is beautiful, you had a good excuse for being away from Pet Talk for so long.
Any chance that you can post some photos of her with your two beautiful kitties?:)

captain
05-29-2013, 07:54 PM
OMGoodness - what a cutie-pie!!!!
Welcome back ....... I too lurk and don't post much any longer.

I hope I can change that a little this year.

wolflady
06-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Oh my gosh! It's so nice to see familiar names still on here! :) Thanks for all the wonderful comments and yes, Sylvia will definitely be raised as a little pet talker! ;)
PCB how have you been?! It is crazy how much time flies by when you're busy with little children, but it's definitely been worth it! Sylvia is the light of my life - my husband and I are blessed. I've been frequenting Facebook and a bunch of baby sites lately too! LOL
I do need to get some pictures of Sylvia with the kitties. Phinehas is much more laid back than Malachi, so I'll get one of her petting him soon!:love: