PDA

View Full Version : USPS food drive, May 11 2013

RICHARD
05-10-2013, 05:24 PM
It's the time of year to help the USPS and their food drive!!

http://about.usps.com/corporate-social-responsibility/nalc-food-drive.htm

Freckles
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Done!

Grace
05-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Also done :)

Lady's Human
05-10-2013, 07:24 PM
It was actually started by the NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers)

The USPS wouldn't be involved if they weren't going to get a ton of bad pub by disallowing it. It costs overtime, ya know........

The letter carriers and Rural carriers combined with volunteers do the work. Management has actually mandated in some offices that the office not participate.

Just posting this to give credit where credit is due, it's those pesky Unions, not the USPS behind the drive.

cassiesmom
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
It's the time of year to help the USPS and their food drive!!

http://about.usps.com/corporate-social-responsibility/nalc-food-drive.htm

Not done yet - but will be by the time our amazing mail-lady arrives on Saturday morning :)

cassiesmom
05-14-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm steaming mad about this. I didn't get a reminder card about it in the mail last week, but my mom did - so I took a few grocery items over there to add to the bag she had ready. My lazy-butt neighbors had zero bags ready for our mail carrier. 44 units and zero bags. Way to help people in need, neighbors. The other two buildings had a better showing. In one of the buildings, somebody put out a cardboard box for items to be donated and it was full. I am going to put a note on my calendar and do that next year. The other building had two paper grocery sacks full of food. Someone must have combined the donations into the paper sacks. Not my building. :mad:

Lady's Human
05-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I didn't donate to the NALC food drive.

I support our church food shelf instead, and as it's an "unofficial" food pantry (not part of the network of food pantries in the area, and as such it allows us more flexibility) it wouldn't get support form the drive.

RICHARD
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I spread my donations over the year - the local Kroger puts a giant container near the front door to drop stuff off in and they also bundle some products into nylon bags that you can purchase and donate......

--------------------

I refuse to donate/money to the charity that the food network is associated with.

Kinda hard to take any chef/cook serious when you see how much food they waste when they film a show like Iron Chef.:mad::eek::(

pomtzu
05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
A bunch of cheapskates in this area too. The rural carrier delivered a blue plastic donation bag to all households 2 weeks prior to the pickup date. In my travels fairly early Saturday morning, I saw only 2 of these blue bags at mailboxes, in addition to the one I put out, and I traveled about 25 - 30 miles of rural road. It was raining a little, so maybe some people put the bags inside of the box, even tho they aren't supposed to.