PDA

View Full Version : Mystic is gone! :(

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Mystic is gone! He has been missing a whole day now. He never leaves anywhere, ever! I saw him yesterday morning and he was in sleeping etc. He is always in now that the weather is bad. He will meow in the middle of the night (ALWAYS!) to let him in, and won't stop til we do. He is always around as well as my other cats and there really isn't any place to go in our town houses. It's set up so you can see everything. And last night he didn't meow, I sat up all night crying and worrying because he is never outside for more than two hours and when he is if you call his name he comes running and is always in earshot.

The worst part is that he lost his collar a few days ago and we haven't been able to buy another yet. I amworried someone hit him with the car.......ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nevermind! Ok he pulled another Houdini on me!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Dan just now ( I mean while typing this), right this second came out of out bedroom and said "Cassie"! Well Mystic walked into the living room. He didn't meow all day long yesterday, didn't come out to use the bathroom or anything. I looked all through the house and nothing. It is not normal that he didn't use the bathroom all day and all night and not eat either. Well I think his foot is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :eek:

It's very swollen and I can feel a bone sort of poking. He is putting no weight on it at all. I don't know what to do. We can't take him tothe vet right now because we have no money at all!!!!!!! We don't even have food in the house. Like I said in other posts, we are doing really bad money wise and our company has no money!:( :( :(

I am going to call the Humane Society and see if there are any organizations that will help but I doubt there is. And none of family will give us money. They won't even give us five dollars. :mad:

HoRsELUvR
12-08-2002, 11:04 AM
I hope Mystic is ok.My cats are always losing their collars,too.make sure to get Mystic a collar that cant come undone too easily or slide over his head.just make sure its not too tight.make sure too keep him inside if hes injured.hopefully,you can take him to the vet soon.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:05 AM
Can you take him to your vet and ask him to put it on credit or something?

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:07 AM
Well he went ack under the bed. I am such a wreck right now and can't stop crying. I called my parents to ask if they could use their credit card to pay the $45 dollar fee to take Mystic to the Emergency Clinic. And of course they said no. I don't understand why they say they don't have any money and then they go spend $200 dollars on clothes.:mad:

I called the Emergency Clinic anyway and was crying so bad and told them what happened. They told me to keep him quiet and try to feed him (he won't eat or drink, and since he didn't come out of hiding all day yesterday this means he didn't eat or drink yesterday either, or go to the bathroom!) and keep him in our room where it is dark. I already know these things. I can't stand to see him in pain. :( They also said that if he seems like he is in a lot of pain that we can take them in and they can stabalize the leg and give pain medication but they can't fix it. Even pain meds would help him!!!!!!! I am going to take a shower, try to get him to eat and drink a little and then head to the clinic. :( :( :( I don't know what to do.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Lalania
Can you take him to your vet and ask him to put it on credit or something?

Our credit is really bad so we can't get any and we don't have credit cards either, that would put us into worse shape than we already are. We can't even get care credit because I have a lot of unpaid medical bills from when I was younger and my ex bf put me in the hospital (over 4,000 bucks) and I could never pay it, and I don't think I should be the one anyway, he's the one that put me in there so he should pay.

I know about collars already. It doesn't matter what type of collar he has, he ALWAYS takes them off, no matter what.

Maybe I should just put him to sleep, they would do that for free and I don't want to see him in pain. :( And I'm pretty sure it's broken because it is two times it's regular size.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:13 AM
how old is the kitty? does he have other health problems? I meant won't your vet fix your cat now, out of kindness, and hope you pay later?

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:19 AM
how old is the kitty? does he have other health problems? I meant won't your vet fix your cat now, out of kindness, and hope you pay later?

Our regular vet is not open and they are extremely expensive! They don't do credit or payment plans. I even offered my services (I am a vet tech) and they wouldn't take it. The only place open today is the Emergency Clinic and that's it, and no they won't do that because they don't have the money.

Mystic is only 3 years old and has no other health problems. I watched him being born and he came out on me!!!!!! I saved his life when he was a kitten because he was the runt and I spent $4,000 dollars on him to have constant treatment etc. Now he is a big fat cat though, 17 pounds and a purebred Bengal cat. He is the sweetest cat ever and always purrs and cuddles and loves to be petted. Him and Cheetah are inseperable and ALWAYS together sleeping paw in paw. I don't know what Cheetah would do if she lost Mystic, they are brother and sister and very attached and in love with one another. :(

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:22 AM
He's only 3 years old....don't give up!! where there is a will, there is a way. Is there a non-profit vet somewhere (hahahha funny I know) heck you're a vet tech, splint his foot and put an elizabethan collar on him until you can find some way to take him to a vet.
I shudder to think of what would happen if my Juneau got sick or hurt.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:23 AM
Here is a picture of Mystic and Cheetah, Mystic is on the left and Cheetah is on the right. See how they sleep, they do that all the time!

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:27 AM
He's only 3 years old....don't give up!! where there is a will, there is a way. Is there a non-profit vet somewhere (hahahha funny I know) heck you're a vet tech, splint his foot and put an elizabethan collar on him until you can find some way to take him to a vet.
I shudder to think of what would happen if my Juneau got sick or hurt.

Well he is going to get it splinted but I don't want to do anything if it is broken because it could heal a certain way, the wrong way. I am going to bandage it though and then take him to the vet to get that pain medication. He doesn't need a collar though, he doesn't mess with stitches or anything, he's a good boy when it comes to that. But I know he will need surgery to fix his foot, it is bent! At least he will be able to get the pain meds, which makes me feel a little bit better.

It's so much different when the animal is yours, you freak out. I am so calm with other peoples pets but when it comes to mine I cry like a baby.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:28 AM
They're very cute! Make some calls around town to different vets, explain that you are a vet tech with an injured cat and unable to pay atm, and could you work it off or something???. *would be better to actually drive to the vets with the cat, and a few tears wouldn't hurt*

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:31 AM
There is a vet near where my mom lives that helped me with many wild critters when I was younger. Once I found a baby starling that was mortally injured and I held it and waited for it to die (bawling my eyes out) the poor thing wouldn't die so i walked down to the vet and he euthanized it for free, I had a rat that was fatally injured once too (broken back) and that same vet euthanized the rat without charging me. Even when I found my first dog unconscious and carried him down to that vet, and it was obvious Blackie's time had come, the vet put the cost of euthanizing him on credit because my mom was at work. They even sent a card afterwards.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:31 AM
It's hard for me to get anywhere. I don't have a car or know how to drive! The only car we have is Dans, and well, he works all day long. I am sure he will get work off but we need the money so bad, god this is so stupid. These things always happen at the worse time! But yes I am going to call around tomorrow and there is also a vet who makes house calls. I am just scared he got hit by a car and is going to die!!!!!!!! It makes getting around town a lot harder too when you have a baby.

I am going to call the Humane Society and see what kind of info they have. I was actually thinking of calling the bank and asking the employees to donate a quarter every time they swear or something.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:32 AM
He doesn't have a fatal injury so I don't want to euthanize him.:(

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:34 AM
I understand about the car thing, I have a car but only a learner's license and not allowed to drive by myself grrr. Mystic is just as much your baby as the skin variety, and you have to fight for him no matter what. Is he eating and drinking? Do you know animal first aid? try to splint the foot? Ask some neighbours for help.
Above all, don't give up! Mystic is young and otherwise healthy.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:34 AM
It would also be hard to lend my services because I have to care for Dylan during the day and we have no one to baby sit him and cannot afford daycare, which is why I am not working right now. As soon as our taxes come we are going to put Dylan in day care so I can go back to work.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Take him with you, ask to work a couple hours a day....whatever it takes, right? plus you will get something new to put on your resume, and a reference!
My mom was a single parent with me and somehow she muddled thru, my parents divorced when I was 2 years old too.
I understand about the money probs, I'm in the same boat...I was badly freaked out about Juneau's howling and called my vet and the prices for the spray collar are *ouch* and drugs are expensive, and he'd just pull an anti bark muzzle off.
:eek:
According to the landlords, he's pretty much stopped howling, and they don't seem to really care if he does, cept he does it when i leave at 7 15 am LOL.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:40 AM
I understand about the car thing, I have a car but only a learner's license and not allowed to drive by myself grrr. Mystic is just as much your baby as the skin variety, and you have to fight for him no matter what. Is he eating and drinking? Do you know animal first aid? try to splint the foot? Ask some neighbours for help.
Above all, don't give up! Mystic is young and otherwise healthy.

I don't really talk to my neighbors because they are all young 18 year old college kids. yes he is my baby which is why it hurts so much. And I will fight for him of course. Like I said I am going to take him in to the vet for pain medication and to have it splinted. Then tomorrow I will call around and see what else I can do. I am going to try to borrow 8 dollars to buy some anti inflammatory drugs for him also.

if you read my other post I said he is not drinking or eating or hasn't gone to the bathroom for a whole day! Unless he went under the bed.:eek: I am going to get off soon and open a can of wet food (he loves it!!!:D) and see if he will eat that. i also have some Nutrical I am going to give him so he can get some energy.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 11:42 AM
There is no way I could take my baby with me. He is crawling all over the place and into everything. Do you know what it's like to have a baby who ismobile? VERY HARD! It would also be dangerous and I couldn't possible walk three hours to the clinic in the cold with my son, it's just not a logical option.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 11:43 AM
errr sorry :) try putting a teeny bit of tuna on it (not too much!!! it gives them the runs) And since you are a vet tech you know which drugs are safe for cats right? Tylenol is bad or something, isn't it? errg.

RockyRoad
12-08-2002, 01:31 PM
OMG I read this thread and I am so sorry. I'm glad you are going to get his leg splinted and get some medication for him. He is such a cutie! And I'm sure you are already doign this, but ease the pain by stroking his head and tell him everything is going to be okay. If I lived in Oregon I would give you money, but I live all the way across the country. Anyway, good luck with Mystic. Seems Lalania is helping you a lot so good luck and god bless.

Karen
12-08-2002, 02:35 PM
luckies4me, is there another parent of a young child around that your could exchange childcare with? You know, you watch their kid a few hours a week, and leave Dylan with them a few hours a week ... check your local churches or community organizations, they might have a program like that set up, so that even a part-time job, a few hours here and there, could help with the money problems. When I was in college, I was basically a nanny for one mother and child, in exchange for child care. The second year we did that, I would also take care of another little girl twice a week, so HER mom could have some free time. Taking care of two kids is sometimes easier than one - they keep each other occupied!

As for your old medical bills, could you appeal them, or get your abusive ex to pay them? Maybe small claims court? Had you ever filed charges?

In Mystic's case, you keep watching him, and is aspirin an anti-inflamatory for cats? What inexpensive people drugs might work? Tomorrow, first thing, contact a clinic, and explain you're good for it, and a trained vet tech, and Mystic needs the help now, for which you'd be glad to help later.

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 03:53 PM
to my knowledge aspirin is not an anti-inflammatory, NSAIDS such as Advil and Motrin are, but I would be very cautious about giving people drugs to a cat, they don't seem to be able to tolerate it as well as a dog.

Karen
12-08-2002, 04:35 PM
I figured she would know, given her vet-tech training.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 06:57 PM
OMG! Thank god it worked! I don't know what was wrong. It must have been aol. :mad: Anyways, now I am on and can post so that makes me a little happy.

Mystic is laying on our bed as we speak, Cheetah lending her body as a pillow. She always comforts him when something is the matter, she is so sweet.

Well not such a good day. Called back the vet and what do you know..........they now say they never told me they would except him and splint it and give him pain meds. I was so mad. What are vets there for? To help animals. They can't take 5 minutes of their time to look at his foot, no they have to charge $45 dollars.:mad:
Well no luck there so I called the Humane Society but they couldn't help either. A lady there said to soak his foot in the tub, they also said she was a vet tech. :rolleyes: A huh, yes lets go pick up Mystic who has a bad foot and cries every time you pick him up and put him in the bath......so logical. my god lady! I haven't heard of such a stupider thing in all my life.

Well I applied a cold pack to his leg, gave him a dose of anti inflammatory meds (yucky meds, it is so black in color, yuck) but he took it like a charm. I can't splint it because i have nothing to do it with. I am thinking of cutting up an old tshirt and using that, I have no other option.

So before I knew I wouldn't be able to take Mystic to the vets (after they told me they would help) Dan and I had to go pick up his battery charger for his van. Well Dan also had to help his Grandmother move this afternoon at 1:30 (there now) and we had NO GAS! Just enough to make it to the gas station. The worst thing is that the battery was in the back of Dans friends car, who was at a learning study. Finally his friend said he would leave it at the front desk for us to pick up.

So now we had to look for change in order to get anywhere. I found a dollar in the van:D and we found about three dollars in change in the house and in Dans pockets. So while we were leaving and pulling out of the driveway Dan was backing up, and well he was so stressed (cat, battery, moving, gas ) that he kept on going and hit the car parked behind us!!!!!!!!!:eek: Well that made him even more stressed out. Luckily we didn't do any damage, not even a scratch and got to leave on time. But I would only imagine what would have happened if we damaged it.

Then before we left Dylan fell and landed on his head. Dan was holding him and I am not sure what really happened. I just heard Dan say "Oh @#%$" and then a thump, with crying to follow. Poor boy. What a nice day I am having hah?

As for humane meds, none are really safe for cats (well, over the counter anyway) and I do not want to risk anything. I am not a vet, therfor I don't know everything and I want to lean toward the safer side. Mystic already has enough troubles. Buffered asprin is sometimes givento dogs but most vets don't even like to do that. I will be going to the feed store tomorrow after Dan gets off work and seeing if we can purchase some amoxicillan (antibiotic) just in case he happens to develope an infection. They are $1.00 a pill, so very spendy but Dans father agreed to let us borrow ten dollars, which then we can buy ten pills.

Uabassoon
12-08-2002, 07:05 PM
good luck with everything. I wasn't able to post this morning either, and the problem finally fixed itself. Good luck with Mystic, I hope he feels better soon.

lizbud
12-08-2002, 07:08 PM
You have the most incredible case of "Bad Luck", I've
ever hear of !!!

"Then before we left Dylan fell and landed on his head. Dan was holding him and I am not sure what really happened. I just heard Dan say "Oh @#%$" and then a thump, with crying to follow. Poor boy. What a nice day I am having hah? "

I sincerely hope your baby is not seriously hurt :(

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Plus the only meds that I have here are vicadin and anaprox.

As for volunteering most places do not let you, I have asked already when faced in a similar situation a few months ago with my stray kitten River. And the vet I go to doesn't even do that, they say it isn't feasable and they don't have the money. I have been with them for years and won't even set up a payment plan for me!:mad:

I did actually get a job and would have started on the 25th of November but after I was already hired I couldn't do it because we had no sitter and no money for one. And it would have been part time also. I don't know anybody in this state because I am from California and it is hard to meet people when I can't go anywhere, no car. We were originally going to have Dans grandmother baby sit Dylan while I was at work and Dan would have dropped me off and picked me up but after much consideration Dan didn't want her to. She is 60 something years old and just moved into a house. So she would have been watching Dylan all day, and thenhave to pack at night and then move too. He felt that she shouldn't be in that situation and so I called the workplace and told them I couldn't take the job after all. And that would have been my money for Christmas. We can't even buy a tree now.

As for those medical bills, if I were to take him to court I would have to fly to California and he wouldn't show up anyway. He would also trash the rest of my belongings that are at his house (the only baby photos I have of me are at HIS house, along with my yearbooks and old journals) and I don't want to rick that. I need my baby photos. He's very crazy, trust me. He tried to kill me so I know what I am talking about.

Thanks for everyones concern though but I do not know what to do besides what I have done already. I have kept him warm, in the room where it is quiet and Cheetah could give him company. His foot trembles in pain. I am going to call and see if the feed store has any injectable steroids for him that would be safe for me to use. Wish me luck. I have done all I can do. I just don't have money and that's it. In February when our taxes come we are taking all that money and putting Dylan in a darcare so I can get a part time job. Hopefully then we will be doing better. I have never had such a tougher year than this one. I moved into this apartment the day I came home from the hospital with Dylan, two days after I gave birth and I had to move. Sorry going on about needless thing, I am just stressed and my cat is hurting.:(

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 07:19 PM
"Wish me luck. I have done all I can do. I just don't have money and that's it."

What I meant here is that I have done all I could do today. I will be calling around to vets tomorrow to see if one will hopefully work with Mystic.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
You have the most incredible case of "Bad Luck", I've
ever hear of !!!

"Then before we left Dylan fell and landed on his head. Dan was holding him and I am not sure what really happened. I just heard Dan say "Oh @#%$" and then a thump, with crying to follow. Poor boy. What a nice day I am having hah? "

I sincerely hope your baby is not seriously hurt :(

He was fine. He has had worse falls than that. Last week he fell straight into the corner of our intertainment center and smacked his cheek on the corner. It actually cut open and he was bleeding. I bandaged it and give him some pain medicine and he was fine but very hurt and shocked. The bruse it still there but has faded to a yellow green in color. It is so hard to keep them safe when they become mobile. I am always on "look out" duty and always have to watch him every single second. Thank god our house is baby proofed. I just got done bundeling up wires that connect to the computer so I can tack them up out of his reach. Thanks for your concern though. :)

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Please forgive my errors on punctuation and spelling, it's just stress. I'm not really that stupid.

aly
12-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Could you please PM me your address?

I don't want your cat in pain and I can donate some money for his care. I have a car and I don't have a baby and I feel so bad for you so please let me help.

luckies4me
12-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Thank you so much, I have sent you a PM. :)

toughCookie
12-08-2002, 10:52 PM
DON'T GIVE A PET TYLENOL, IT CAN KILL THEM!

luckies4me, I am so sorry.

Nomilynn
12-08-2002, 11:47 PM
Cassandra if I could help I really would!! :( I wish I could do more that offer my support. Feel free to PM me if you need anything, and I'll do my best.

shais_mom
12-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Sounds to me like you need a financial plan.
I think at the first of the year you need to prioritize your spending. If only one of you is working maybe you shouldn't have so many pets. It would kill me also to lose my furbabes but you have a child to think about. If you can't afford to take your cat to the vet, and are scraping $3.00 to pay for gas. You need to do something different. This comes from a person who has done the same thing, trust me. I have scraped money together to the penny to put gas in my car or food on the table. And since noone will lend you any money, you have GOT to figger it out.
You say you have 18 year old college kids as neighbors, go out and ask them to watch Dylan for a couple hours a week while you work. Tell them you will pay them when you get paid. It doesn't have to be for a long time. And you have a computer connection, you find money for that. Believe me, when I was going thru a tight time, that was one of the first things that was gonna go, but I managed to budget it. I know you love your animals, I am certainly not questioning that, but part of the responsibility of taking care of your animals is vet care as they can't take themselves. If Dylan fell and broke his arm, would you wait to get it fixed. I doubt it.
You have the knowledge, splint it yourself. Take a popsicle stick and tape that baby up. A friend of mine had a cat that broke her leg and since we are xray techs we took her pic saw the break and splinted her with a finger splint.
I am certainly not making fun of you, or knocking your way of life, so please don't think that. But it sounds to me that you need some sort of help.

wolf_Q
12-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Ok I'm really not trying to sound rude or harsh here. But please explain one thing to me:

You can afford to have and breed all of these exotic pets....but you can't afford to pay for help with a broken foot? Believe me, I don't have much money either, and I really know that it is hard. Vet bills are very expensive! But if you can't pay for the vet bills, maybe you should not have this many pets....

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 02:51 AM
I have to agree with Staci and WolfQ. I'm far from being Miss Moneybags but it seems like you've got more on your plate than you can handle!

I would like to think that "where there's a will, there's a way" -- surely SOMEONE would be willing to watch the baby for a few hours a week, maybe even for free!! Tug at some of the local cat clubs' heartstrings... maybe a member will be willing to donate some baby sitting time.

Good luck, keep us posted!

moosmom
12-09-2002, 07:01 AM
I agree with Wolf_ Q, Shaismom and Zippy as well. I WAS going to say exactly what they put so well, but I was afraid of offending anyone. I will send what I can as I am no Ms. Moneybags either, and my cat Casey is still having problems with his nostrils.

Kassandra, you need to get your priorities in order. I don't mean to preach but I wouldn't have the number of cats that I do if I didn't think I could manage it financial-wise.

At 24, I was a single parent of an infant as well and was also struggling, working 2 jobs to make ends meet, along with what little child support my ex-husband sent me. I didn't have any pets at the time.

They have non-profit consumer credit counselors that will work with you to help you get on the right track. Please look into this. You have a child to think about. One question I DO have is...why isn't your boyfriend working???? If it were me, he'd get an ultimatum - either get a job or there's the door, no if, ands or butts about it.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 08:52 AM
I have a dog, I live alone and pay everything myself (okay my mom buys me a little stuff but not much) If Juneau (god forbid) was injured or sick I'd be screwed! but I do have the magic OVERDRAFT so I would max that out.

I don't agree she could get rid of her pets because she has fallen on hard times, UNLESS she can find a good home for them. My belief is when you get a pet you are responsible for them for life.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 09:22 AM
Yikes, I hate to join the bandwagon, but, I, too, was going to post this earlier....Didn't you just celebrate Dylan's first birthday? Complete with presents, etc? And, if your boyfriend isn't working two jobs- there is a problem. You need to work at night, then, while he is watching Dylan. If you can't afford to care for your family, and animals, something needs to change. Now. Get with a credit counseling service, do something. DO NOT go broke buying each other and your son presents for Christmas..not if you can't make ends meet. It is time to buckle down. I found myself wanting to send you money, too. But, that isn't the solution. You have to decide this is not the way you want to exist- for your benefit and your childrens....I am not being judgmental, but, I think you need to speak to someone about finances....

AdoreMyDogs
12-09-2002, 09:51 AM
I am afraid I am with the others' here. I think you should consider selling or surrendering some or all of your animals to good homes or to the Humane Society. If you can't afford to take the proper care of them, then I think that you should hold off having them until you are financially stable. I can't imagine having to live with a broken bone and not have any medical treatment for any amount of time! That poor cat must be becide himself with pain. I ache to think about what extreme pain he is in now and he has to wait, suffering, until you take him in. Please consider taking him to the Humane Society and explaning the situation.

I broke my finger once when I was a little girl. It was just a finger bone, but my gosh was I in tremendous pain. I could not even think straight. It hurt SO bad. To have to spend the night in that kind of pain without going to the doctor, and getting perscription pain killers, I would have flipped out. I know you love your kitty, but I find it hard to read about his tremendous pain and your inability to care for him. Maybe you should consider selling off some animals or surrendering them to the Humane Society. Please don't inject him with steroids that you bought at a feed store!

I know it's hard and I know you love your animals, but for practical purposes, it does not sound as if you are in any way financially stable enough to take care of them. I just don't think it's fair to the animal.

I am sorry for sounding harsh. I do like you and I am concerned that you are that broke and have so many animals and a small baby. I think it's time for you to do some soul searching and determine what the best thing to do for yourself, Dylan, and the animals is. Surrendering your animals to the Humane Society would lift a huge financial burden because you would no longer have to pay for food, and hopefully they would go to homes with people who could afford all of their care, both standard and emergency.

Again I am so sorry to sound harsh. It is really hard to read about the make shift care you are giving that poor animal. It hurts my heart.

moosmom
12-09-2002, 09:55 AM
I am not being judgmental either. Is there a way you can get free internet and eliminate the monthly cost? I did it for three months through free aol disks that seem to be EVERYWHERE. It saved me alot of money. Any place else you can cut back???

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 11:31 AM
My belief is when you get a pet you are responsible for them for life.

I whole-heartedly agree.

But there comes a time when you have to *really* look at the lives of the animals. If you are unable to provide for them, find an untapped resource or find a new forever home. There is no doubt in my mind that Cassandra loves her animals and provides what she can for them. She has stated that she is at the end of her rope financially and in my humble opinion, it's time to consider the kitty's health. I can't imagine the pain Mystic is going through. I broke my arm in May of this year---I went to the hospital only a couple of hours after it happened and (now) couldn't imagine going thru that incident again w/out painkillers and a cast/splint/etc.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Ok well thanks for starting my morning off good.

You guys have no idea what is going on or how my situation is. There is NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE t baby sit Dylan. I am not going to leave him with college pot smoking idiots (and yes they ALL smoke pot!), not to mention they go to school all day long. I have NO family here, they are in another state! Dans family works ALL DAY, and his mom won't even watch him for more than two hours. You thinkI don't want a job or haven't tried to find somenone????? I have been trying forever!!!!! We are not poor, we are just in a tight situation right now. Every winter the company slows down and we have to deal with it. My step mother just DIED and I had to send my dad money because he cannot work, he has cancer and his wife took care of him! He didn't even have a Thanksgiving!!! He lives in a small trailor. I am prioritizing!!!! And my father is a priority! We cannot budget because we have nothing to budget!

As for internet connection I have to have this, this is the only communication I have with my family. We have no long distance so I can't call them and well, if I didn't talk to them I would go insane. Do you know what it's like to be stuck in the house ALL DAY? Well it downright sucks!

I DO NOT have TOO MANY PETS! I have enough that I can manage, but I just so happen to be having a hard month. Can you not understand that? SOME people have hard times, and that's it. It is not going to be like this forever. Like I said, if anyone read it closely in one of my first posts, I said that when WE get our taxes ALL that money will go to childcare expenses. We do not go out and spend money on fast food or new clothes, expensive jewerly etc. We prioritize and spend it on what we NEED. Diapers, baby food.

As for Dylans birthday, we DID NOT buy the cake, DID NOT buy the presents, DID NOT do anything! We bought him a few presents the month before his birthday because we knew the winter months would be hard.

As for if my son gets hurt, yes he will go to the doctors because he has insurance through the state of Oregon. You can go to the hospital if you are injured and THEY WILL treat you, and send you a bill. It DOES NOT work that way with animals. You think I like to see Mystic like this? HELL NO I don't! It breaks my heart. Next month will be different because there will be a lot more business for the new year. Like I said, we are always fine until November or December, this just so happened to come at a bad time.

As for my pets, they have advantage, eat good food, are clean and dewormed on a regular basis etc. My rats have food which I made in bulk that last two months!!!!! You think that is not prioritizing??? I DO not have too many pets, and you guys do not evenknow what has happened in the past months or weeks. I don't have as many animals as you all think I do. Most don't even live here! I found homes for most of my rats because I could not afford it at this time. I will start up again once I have the money and a job. I know what I am doing. I did not come here for a lecture. I came here for sympathy because my cat is hurt. I know what I am doing.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 11:52 AM
I was going to tell you the good news I had for all of you, but obviously you all would rather tell me how I cannot fford my pets and how I don't provide for them!

lizbud
12-09-2002, 12:01 PM
What ever became of your old dog Wolfy? Is he still in
California & in the same sad circumstances?

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
There is NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE t baby sit Dylan. I am not going to leave him with college pot smoking idiots (and yes they ALL smoke pot!), not to mention they go to school all day long.

You're right. We don't know the whole situation but when you give slim details, you get broad judgements. (That's not saying that we *want* or *need* to know a detailed auto-biography of your family...) Basically, all we knew was that the cat was hurt and your finances were tight. I think that all PTers will agree that giving up an animal is THE last resort. But sometimes, rehoming is the only solution. Hopefully, you've found a way around that and are able to get him the medical care he needs.

At any rate, what I wanted to comment on.... "college pot smoking idiots." For every 'pot smoking idiot' I'm willing to bet there are two or three who don't/aren't.

My old college roommate found a baby-sitting job through the university's placement/career services office. Why not call a local college/university and 'place an ad' -- interviews can be conducted 'in house' by YOU and/or Your Hubby; you'll be hiring someone you feel comfortable with. Explain to them the situation OR if you don't want them to know about your finances, tell them they are "under observation" for __ wks, at the end of which they will be paid; subsequent pay checks will follow every __ wk.

Just an idea-

mugsy
12-09-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm not trying to be mean here, but you opened yourself for judegments when you posted on a public forum about your problems. Trust me, I know what it's like to be stuckat home. I was stuck at home and not allowed to leave for over 2 months last year when I broke my leg. I do know about financiial problems. but I don't post it on here. Not judging, just telling you that when you post things like that, people get upset.

I am really sorry that Mystic is hurt and I think that people's reactions are in response to his injury. I'm sure that a vet somewhere would allow you to make payments to them. We do that all the time.

I wish you luck on your current dilema and hope that it all works out in the end. I'm truly sorry about your step-mother's death and your father's illness. Illness and death are never easy to deal with.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Every winter the company slows down and we have to deal with it. Like I said, if anyone read it closely in one of my first posts, I said that when WE get our taxes ALL that money will go to childcare expenses. Like I said, we are always fine until November or December, this just so happened to come at a bad time. I know what I am doing.

If this happens every November and December, you should be putting away money from January until October then. If you are getting THAT much of a tax refund, you are paying too much in taxes and should re-calculate your withholding so that you have that money to save all year. Why let the government hold it for you interest-free until spring? Lower your withholding, and then take that money and put it in the bank to use when things slow down. As far as you working, you could work nights when Dan gets home so he could watch Dylan - not work as a vet tech, since that's a day job, but work ANYWHERE - McDonalds, KMart, a gas station, whatever. (I've worked in retail for years, and I am not ashamed and don't feel it's "beneath me" at all.) It would be pure income since you won't be paying out anything for childcare. When my daughter was a baby, that's what we did - he worked days and I worked nights. It would probably do you good to get out of the house anyway, to lower your stress level. I can sympathize TOTALLY with being trapped in a house with no car and a baby all day. You shouldn't be so defensive, because you obviously DON'T know what you're doing at this point, since these financial problems are an annual problem. That may be why your family does not want to offer you any help anymore, since you are not open to suggestions on better ways to manage your money. We had the same problem with my sister, and if we suggested that maybe she could manage her money a little better, she'd bite our heads off. Eventually we had to do the "tough love" approach, and let her work things out on her own to learn a valuable lesson. We are all here to offer sympathy, of course, but we are also here to offer HELP, in this case in the form of good financial and/or lifestyle advice, and we are all here to promote the proper care of pets, too. A lot of us were sickened by the thought of that poor cat suffering with that broken leg and nothing being done.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 03:06 PM
I was going to tell you the good news I had for all of you, but obviously you all would rather tell me how I cannot fford my pets and how I don't provide for them!

...And, to think anyone of us would care, read, write, etc., to you, and have you make the above statement. That is immature, irresponsible, and just plain childish, not to mention hateful. You need, as I posted before about someone else, a good old-fashioned swift kick in the pants to get off your self pity mobile. Trust me, the road you are on is bumpy, hard, and not made any easier by whining.

12-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me (on 12/6/02)
Thanks! I have about every variety imaginable. I am getting a shipment of DownUnder rats from Austraila in a few days and I will be one of the first (along with a friend of mine) to have tis type in all the US!!!!!!!!!!:D

I sincerely hope that these rats are for immediate resale, and that your breeding enterprise is bringing in a profit. If you are adding these to your private menagerie, then you really need to re-think WHY. I also agree that your last post was very immature, and a slap in the face to anyone who sent you money and would appreciate knowing how it was spent. Hopefully you will have the grace and good manners to PM those persons and thank them, and let them know about the cat. I guess the rest of us will have to content ourselves with not hearing about it's pain and suffering any more.

DogMania
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

...And, to think anyone of us would care, read, write, etc., to you, and have you make the above statement. That is immature, irresponsible, and just plain childish, not to mention hateful. You need, as I posted before about someone else, a good old-fashioned swift kick in the pants to get off your self pity mobile. Trust me, the road you are on is bumpy, hard, and not made any easier by whining.

No, she is not you should get a kick in the pants. Don't think that just because she needs one you don't. Does anyone agree with me here?????

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 03:41 PM
You may not be able to remove yourself from your situation like we can, but you really need to.

You, above all, have a CHILD to look after. You need to have a life where you can provide for him. I know you've said that you can and do...but not having money for gas is NOT providing for your son.

Don't think I don't know what you are feeling....my hubby and I had to scrape together five dollars last night for him to get to work and back today. I am in the same boat this month...but I don't have children...and my cats have food and vet care.

I'm sorry if these comments sounds mean. I am speaking from experience being a child advocate. This is a very sore subject in my heart. So, please forgive if I sound too harsh...

I know you think you are stuck, but you really aren't. You say your parents and your bf's parents wont lend you money. I would imagine that stems from you asking in the past. I would also assume if you laid out a plan to fix your current problems and show them some action, they would be more than willing to help. I also know, that churches have ways to help you too. You need to do something about your situation. Its much bigger than not being able to afford the vet bill this month.

You said that without contact with your family, you would go insane. WHY are you in Oregon then? If you aren't married, what is keeping you there? (Not that that should matter, the happiness of you and your son are most important.)

You need to see that the people here are trying to help. We not trying to be mean and ruin your day. We do actually care...

12-09-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by DogMania
Does anyone agree with me here????? NO

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 03:46 PM

No, she is not you should get a kick in the pants. Don't think that just because she needs one you don't. Does anyone agree with me here?????

I am guessing, 12? Tops, 13?????

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Cataholic is RIGHT ON! Sorry DogMania...the comment above was extremely childish and this thread is proving to be a waste of our time.

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 03:56 PM

Nope

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
What ever became of your old dog Wolfy? Is he still in
California & in the same sad circumstances?

If you people would read the whole thread Wolfy is not mine!!! He was my spycho ex boyfriends sisters dog who got abandoned. My bf kept the dog while I was still living there. When he tried to kill me I was in the emergency room for two weeks, then I moved back to my parents who lived in a VERY small apartment. I could not take the dog, not to mention I had a restraining order against him and was not going to risk my life breaking into their house. The dog is also unsocial because they never took him anywhere for the past five years, which mind you I was not there. He is still there and yes inthe same circumstances but I am getting a phone card today so I can call the Humane Society and have him and his sister removed.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

You're right. We don't know the whole situation but when you give slim details, you get broad judgements. (That's not saying that we *want* or *need* to know a detailed auto-biography of your family...) Basically, all we knew was that the cat was hurt and your finances were tight. I think that all PTers will agree that giving up an animal is THE last resort. But sometimes, rehoming is the only solution. Hopefully, you've found a way around that and are able to get him the medical care he needs.

At any rate, what I wanted to comment on.... "college pot smoking idiots." For every 'pot smoking idiot' I'm willing to bet there are two or three who don't/aren't.

My old college roommate found a baby-sitting job through the university's placement/career services office. Why not call a local college/university and 'place an ad' -- interviews can be conducted 'in house' by YOU and/or Your Hubby; you'll be hiring someone you feel comfortable with. Explain to them the situation OR if you don't want them to know about your finances, tell them they are "under observation" for __ wks, at the end of which they will be paid; subsequent pay checks will follow every __ wk.

Just an idea-

Well I know not all are that way (college kids) but every single one of them here is. They have parties every night etc. Two set of apartments just got kicked out because they wre growing marijuana in the bathroom. We live in Eugene, there are a lot of weird people here.

As for your idea, I have considered interviewing people of course, and I would not place my son with anyone who I did not. But I appreciate the idea for "under observation". I think that is great. Thank you.:)

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I'm not trying to be mean here, but you opened yourself for judegments when you posted on a public forum about your problems. Trust me, I know what it's like to be stuckat home. I was stuck at home and not allowed to leave for over 2 months last year when I broke my leg. I do know about financiial problems. but I don't post it on here. Not judging, just telling you that when you post things like that, people get upset.

I am really sorry that Mystic is hurt and I think that people's reactions are in response to his injury. I'm sure that a vet somewhere would allow you to make payments to them. We do that all the time.

I wish you luck on your current dilema and hope that it all works out in the end. I'm truly sorry about your step-mother's death and your father's illness. Illness and death are never easy to deal with.

Thank you. I was not trying to post my personal information I was just concerned about my cat and stress and turned to the forum for support, like most people here do. Thanks again.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 04:46 PM
And here I was, all excited to finally hear about Mystic's good news, as I saw you had posted several more times..and you couldn't even put your bitterness aside to post it.

You could manage to post to defend your position, but couldn't be bothered to post the news that originally started this thred. Something is not quite right about that, you know?

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

If this happens every November and December, you should be putting away money from January until October then. If you are getting THAT much of a tax refund, you are paying too much in taxes and should re-calculate your withholding so that you have that money to save all year. Why let the government hold it for you interest-free until spring? Lower your withholding, and then take that money and put it in the bank to use when things slow down. As far as you working, you could work nights when Dan gets home so he could watch Dylan - not work as a vet tech, since that's a day job, but work ANYWHERE - McDonalds, KMart, a gas station, whatever. (I've worked in retail for years, and I am not ashamed and don't feel it's "beneath me" at all.) It would be pure income since you won't be paying out anything for childcare. When my daughter was a baby, that's what we did - he worked days and I worked nights. It would probably do you good to get out of the house anyway, to lower your stress level. I can sympathize TOTALLY with being trapped in a house with no car and a baby all day. You shouldn't be so defensive, because you obviously DON'T know what you're doing at this point, since these financial problems are an annual problem. That may be why your family does not want to offer you any help anymore, since you are not open to suggestions on better ways to manage your money. We had the same problem with my sister, and if we suggested that maybe she could manage her money a little better, she'd bite our heads off. Eventually we had to do the "tough love" approach, and let her work things out on her own to learn a valuable lesson. We are all here to offer sympathy, of course, but we are also here to offer HELP, in this case in the form of good financial and/or lifestyle advice, and we are all here to promote the proper care of pets, too. A lot of us were sickened by the thought of that poor cat suffering with that broken leg and nothing being done.

We have been saving money all year, we always put away $50 dollars every month. But for some reason a lot ofbad things have been happening lately. We had $700 dollars saved, which we were going to use for a months rent or utility bills. But after my step mother died, my father had no money. For some reason the government will not give him his SS. So in order to keep my dad in his trailor I sent him our savings. This way he can at least buy food for two weeks, keep his electricity on etc. That money could have been for Mystic, but I didn't know that when I sent him the money we would be needing it. Again, my father has cancer (amongst other things) and cannot work. He wears a morphine patch everyday. He needed my help and since he brought me into the world I owe him. Same as Mystic, which is why I did not just leave him suffer, but I will explain more on that later.

As for night jobs I have done that already. I just quit in September. I worked nights as a janitor cleaning a Title and escrow company three night a week and made $6.50 an hour. When I left I moved back to California. I then came back here. I am expecting a call next Monday from Ruben, the owner of the company. I am hoping he will hire me back. It is VERY hard to find a job right now in Oregon. Even the gas stations aren't hiring. We aren't allowed to pump our own gas. We live right next to the University and most the college kids take our jobs away. I was excited when I got that job I was talking about but again, things did not work out and we could not find a sitter.

Please explain taxes to me. I have no idea about them. All I know is that my bf claimed Dylan last year and we got back around $2,000. So if you can explain more I would appreciate it.

I never ask my parents for money unless I am in dire need, which has been ....probably in four years. Yes I know you are sickened by Mystics condition as am I. Iam doing all I can for him. I even called the Humane Society and they couldn't help. As for his leg, I am not sure it is broken, all I know is that it is swollen. He is now eating, has gone to the bathroom and is walking around. I have put him on antibiotics just in case it is an abscess, although I see no bite wounds. If I did not care about him I would not have post.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
And here I was, all excited to finally hear about Mystic's good news, as I saw you had posted several more times..and you couldn't even put your bitterness aside to post it.

You could manage to post to defend your position, but couldn't be bothered to post the news that originally started this thred. Something is not quite right about that, you know?

You didn't let me finish. Please let me finish next time before you assume something. Of course I am going to tell you all about his condition. What do you think I am? Why wouldn't I tell you? You just need to be patient. And as you were writing this I was responding...

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:51 PM

What's childish is people cutting someone down without knowing all the details and just assuming something. To me it was already made clear that was all people wanted to do, cut me down and not focus on the cat.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 04:54 PM

Oh, I am sorry, I must have completely and totally misread this post that was written nearly five hours ago...exactly how long does it take to post something? Why don't you just 'fess up, admit you were acting out of haste and anger, apologize and move on?

No one assumes anything. You write the facts about your life, not us.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 04:55 PM
As I said earlier, you are just so busy defending your position, and not thinking clearly.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

I sincerely hope that these rats are for immediate resale, and that your breeding enterprise is bringing in a profit. If you are adding these to your private menagerie, then you really need to re-think WHY. I also agree that your last post was very immature, and a slap in the face to anyone who sent you money and would appreciate knowing how it was spent. Hopefully you will have the grace and good manners to PM those persons and thank them, and let them know about the cat. I guess the rest of us will have to content ourselves with not hearing about it's pain and suffering any more.

I have not bred a litter since July. I only breed when I can afford a litter of kittens, and only when there is something I can sontribute to the lines. As for the Du's I canceled those. As of now I only have 10 rats. I used to have around 40. My degus are gone, my chinchilla is gone etc. They have all been rehomed.

As for PMing those people, yes they are being update everyday. I am not a rude slimy person. I just don't take peoples money and not say thank you. I sincerely appreciate all the help. I really do and Mystic will be very thankful as no he was diagnosed with bone cancer this morning and needs chemo or his leg amputated. Any money will help him.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 04:59 PM

Oh, I am sorry, I must have completely and totally misread this post that was written nearly five hours ago...exactly how long does it take to post something? Why don't you just 'fess up, admit you were acting out of haste and anger, apologize and move on?

No one assumes anything. You write the facts about your life, not us.

I have been at the vets all morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm a little confused

As for his leg, I am not sure it is broken, all I know is that it is swollen. He is now eating, has gone to the bathroom and is walking around. I have put him on antibiotics just in case it is an abscess, although I see no bite wounds. If I did not care about him I would not have post.

15 mintues ago you weren't sure what was wrong with him all you knew was that his leg was swollen.

really do and Mystic will be very thankful as no he was diagnosed with bone cancer this morning and needs chemo or his leg amputated. Any money will help him

And now he was diagnosed with bone cancer? I'm not saying that it's not true, just wondering how in 15 min it went from all you know is that his leg is swollen and now you know he has bone caner?

Does this also mean that the good news is that he has bone cancer? You told us there was good news. That doesn't sound good at all.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:04 PM

As for PMing those people, yes they are being update everyday. I am not a rude slimy person. I just don't take peoples money and not say thank you. I sincerely appreciate all the help. I really do and Mystic will be very thankful as no he was diagnosed with bone cancer this morning and needs chemo or his leg amputated. Any money will help him.

And this was Mystic's GOOD NEWS? And, since the people just posted about sending you money- TODAY, what are you talking about? You are updating them? Are we talking about the same thing??????? Are you taking money from people on PT for other things???

Cookiebaker
12-09-2002, 05:04 PM

If you people would read the whole thread Wolfy is not mine!!! He was my spycho ex boyfriends sisters dog who got abandoned. My bf kept the dog while I was still living there. When he tried to kill me I was in the emergency room for two weeks, then I moved back to my parents who lived in a VERY small apartment. I could not take the dog, not to mention I had a restraining order against him and was not going to risk my life breaking into their house. The dog is also unsocial because they never took him anywhere for the past five years, which mind you I was not there. He is still there and yes inthe same circumstances but I am getting a phone card today so I can call the Humane Society and have him and his sister removed.

Does this remind anyone of a soap opera, or is it just me?? :rolleyes:

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:05 PM

This is exactly what you said- what GOOD NEWS are you talking about? Mystic's bone cancer?

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker

Does this remind anyone of a soap opera, or is it just me?? :rolleyes:

With the absolute deepest hesitation I say this...are we getting the truth, the whole truth, and 'nothing' but the truth here???

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
You may not be able to remove yourself from your situation like we can, but you really need to.

You, above all, have a CHILD to look after. You need to have a life where you can provide for him. I know you've said that you can and do...but not having money for gas is NOT providing for your son.

Don't think I don't know what you are feeling....my hubby and I had to scrape together five dollars last night for him to get to work and back today. I am in the same boat this month...but I don't have children...and my cats have food and vet care.

I'm sorry if these comments sounds mean. I am speaking from experience being a child advocate. This is a very sore subject in my heart. So, please forgive if I sound too harsh...

I know you think you are stuck, but you really aren't. You say your parents and your bf's parents wont lend you money. I would imagine that stems from you asking in the past. I would also assume if you laid out a plan to fix your current problems and show them some action, they would be more than willing to help. I also know, that churches have ways to help you too. You need to do something about your situation. Its much bigger than not being able to afford the vet bill this month.

You said that without contact with your family, you would go insane. WHY are you in Oregon then? If you aren't married, what is keeping you there? (Not that that should matter, the happiness of you and your son are most important.)

You need to see that the people here are trying to help. We not trying to be mean and ruin your day. We do actually care...

My son has food, diapers, clothing, sicks, shoes etc. My cats are up to date on their vaccinations, wear collars with identification, are fed Science Diet every day which there is still plenty of (we buy a whole bag so it will last all month) and get care when they need. Ihave never had a problem before. Well once I did, and that was a few months ago with my rescued kitten that I bottle fed from the time she was 5 days old.I spent $600 dollars on her care. When Mystic was a kitten I spent $4,000 dollars to keep him alive. He need oxygen, to be fed from a tube etc. and was in the hospital until he was two months when I could finally take him home.

As for being in Oregon, I just got back. I was there all September and decided to come back because Dylan needed his father and I did not want to force myself upon my parents. My son was not happy there and neither was I and so I left. I do know you all care, but you have to understand that I amhaving a lot of things happen lately and am VERY stress, now with Mystic diagnosis I am even worse. I amnot asking for sympathy or whining, all I am asking fori s a friend to comfort me when I need it the most, right now. I know you care, thank you.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Uh, Uba...would you please STOP READING MY MIND? It is a little scary....:D

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I'm a little confused

And now he was diagnosed with bone cancer? I'm not saying that it's not true, just wondering how in 15 min it went from all you know is that his leg is swollen and now you know he has bone caner?

Does this also mean that the good news is that he has bone cancer? You told us there was good news. That doesn't sound good at all.

What I meant was that I wasn't sure (past tense) til this morning. I should have wrote all I knew is that his leg was swollen, and that's it. I was not certain of anything until 10 am this morning when they phoned me. The good news was that he went to the vet, was prescribed pain meds and is now eating and walking. He has sometimes limped in the past but the vets said nothing was wrong, that he just sprained himself jumping from a tree or whatever. I am making a lot of mistakes, I am typing fast because I need to hurry and get off the line. We are heading back to the vet at 5 to pick Mystic up. And I guess no that isn't such good news, especially with him only a few years old but I will fight for him and hopefully it won't spread. Only time will tell. The good news is that he has eaten, is purring when petted and went to the bathroom.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:13 PM

As for being in Oregon, I just got back. I was there all September and decided to come back because Dylan needed his father and I did not want to force myself upon my parents. My son was not happy there and neither was I and so I left.

Uh, isn't your son, like, 1 year old? How is it that he exhibited/expressed his unhappiness? What you are saying is that you put yourself in your current situation. I am thinking your job/lack of it has more to do with your current emotional instability, rather than your lack of child care. I think everyone needs care/love/support, etc. But, you are making some decisions that don't sound like they are in the best interest of you/your child or your pets. You don't want sympathy, but if you go back and reread your posts...everyone of them is in "high drama mode".

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:15 PM

And this was Mystic's GOOD NEWS? And, since the people just posted about sending you money- TODAY, what are you talking about? You are updating them? Are we talking about the same thing??????? Are you taking money from people on PT for other things???

No one has offered money today???:confused: I am updating this thread first, I have replied to one message and then I will finish the others later. I am sure the people will read here. If they don't want to send the money that is fine. So be it.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:16 PM

What I meant was that I wasn't sure (past tense) til this morning. I should have wrote all I knew is that his leg was swollen, and that's it. I was not certain of anything until 10 am this morning when they phoned me. The good news was that he went to the vet, was prescribed pain meds and is now eating and walking.

You posted about 'Good News' at 12: 52. That is two hours past LEARNING YOUR CAT HAD CANCER! So, good news...he is walking? You say you have to type fast /aren't thinking right, cause you have to go pick up Mystic at 5 pm? That is 2 hours from now....again, something isn't adding up. I don't think you are being completely forthright here.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:17 PM

Uh, isn't your son, like, 1 year old? How is it that he exhibited/expressed his unhappiness? What you are saying is that you put yourself in your current situation. I am thinking your job/lack of it has more to do with your current emotional instability, rather than your lack of child care. I think everyone needs care/love/support, etc. But, you are making some decisions that don't sound like they are in the best interest of you/your child or your pets. You don't want sympathy, but if you go back and reread your posts...everyone of them is in "high drama mode".

Do you have kids? You can tell when they are unhappy. He cried all day long! He missed his father! So I went back and did what I thought was best for him, to be with both parents.

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 05:19 PM
THis was posted at 2:48

Iam doing all I can for him. I even called the Humane Society and they couldn't help. As for his leg, I am not sure it is broken, all I know is that it is swollen. He is now eating, has gone to the bathroom and is walking around. I have put him on antibiotics just in case it is an abscess, although I see no bite wounds. If I did not care about him I would not have post.

To me it seems that at 2:48 you'd done nothing other than call the humane socitey and put him on medicine. You were explaning what you had done for him, it says nothing about calling a vet. All you said was that you called and no one could help.

What I meant was that I wasn't sure (past tense) til this morning. I should have wrote all I knew is that his leg was swollen, and that's it. I was not certain of anything until 10 am this morning when they phoned me.

This post was written way after this morning. If you knew at 10 am. Then why couldn't you have posted that? I agree with Cataholic. Something doesn't add up.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:19 PM

You posted about 'Good News' at 12: 52. That is two hours past LEARNING YOUR CAT HAD CANCER! So, good news...he is walking? You say you have to type fast /aren't thinking right, cause you have to go pick up Mystic at 5 pm? That is 2 hours from now....again, something isn't adding up. I don't think you are being completely forthright here.

To me having him not in pain is good news. Of course I would want him to not have cancer, but I can't change that. I have to deal with it. I did not post at 12, I posted earlier. We are in different stated and the times are different. yes two hours from now we head back. Yes he is walking. What about that doesn't make sense to you? It is writtenin plain English.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:21 PM
THis was posted at 2:48

This post was written way after this morning. If you knew at 10 am. Then why couldn't you have posted that? I agree with Cataholic. Something doesn't add up.

I spoke to the Humane Society yesterday afternoon. You can call them for heavens sakes! I did not post I was offline waiting for a phone call.

Uabassoon
12-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Could you please watch your language. There are kids on this site.

Nevermind I guess you deleted that last post.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:24 PM

Luckies, please stop this baloney in your quest to dupe fellow pet-talkers out of their money. Hello, though we might like to truly help people who are in need, stop with the lies and the overblown drama to get attention. It's truly disgusting.

Cookie- I am with you all the way. It isn't worth it, though I got caught up in it briefly, to go back and point out all the many contradictions here. I lived on the west coast..I am very aware of the three hour time difference. I don't think you are being honest with us, and shame on you.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:27 PM
Leaving forum ,so long everyone. It was so nice to meat backstabbers, untrustworthy people on here. So lovely indeed, you are pathetic. As for lying you think what you want. I know the truth and god will judge you for what you are doing, that's it. It's funny actually how you focus so much on "helping and being concerned about Mystics health" that is a bunch of crap.

Cookiebaker
12-09-2002, 05:27 PM
Could you please watch your language. There are kids on this site.

Nevermind I guess you deleted that last post.

I saw that post, also, and that truly clinches the matter. If she really was "for real" she wouldn't have ended like that. I'm sorry but this is not a get-rich-quick-site, and if she decides to leave over this thread, so be it.

Cookiebaker
12-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Leaving forum ,so long everyone. It was so nice to meat backstabbers, untrustworthy people on here. So lovely indeed, you are pathetic. As for lying you think what you want. I know the truth and god will judge you for what you are doing, that's it. It's funny actually how you focus so much on "helping and being concerned about Mystics health" that is a bunch of crap.

Ummmm...what did we do???

Karen
12-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Stop it right now everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 05:30 PM

I saw that post, also, and that truly clinches the matter. If she really was "for real" she wouldn't have ended like that. I'm sorry but this is not a get-rich-quick-site, and if she decides to leave over this thread, so be it.

I did not delte it. why don't you ask Karen or Paul?? And yes, I do not wish to belong to such a forum. I am not looking for money, please do not send me any. I don't care.

(I edited out part here.)-Karen

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Wait, Karen, just one more, please? Unless you are being serious. If you are the boss, then, I must defer to you....UGH!

Karen
12-09-2002, 05:32 PM
People are upset, yes. But that is no reason to loose sight of what Pet Talk is: a generally friendly, loving community of people who care about pets.

Everyone stop. Wait a few minutes before you post again. Everyone is angry and upset, but that is no reason to yell at each other, or cast recriminations about.

If you are ever concerned with a member's post, email or PM me. Do not yell at each other on the board, okay?

Think, long and hard, before you post again.

And do me a favor, never "quote" a hurtful post, it just perpetuates the hurt.

Karen
12-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Yes, I deleted a profane post. And I will, every time.

I honestly don't think she was trying to bilk anyone out of money, if you disagree, email me, just don't perpetuate rumors here.

Cookiebaker
12-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Luckies4me, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I said. What you said upset me, yes, but that was no excuse to say what I did. I hope you can forgive me, and stay. I really enjoy hearing about your ratties and other pets. I know what it's like to be stressed.

I'm really sorry,

Anna

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Well once I did, and that was a few months ago with my rescued kitten that I bottle fed from the time she was 5 days old.I spent $600 dollars on her care. When Mystic was a kitten I spent $4,000 dollars to keep him alive. He need oxygen, to be fed from a tube etc. and was in the hospital until he was two months when I could finally take him home.
It was very nice of you to do this, really. But this is our point...if you already have a child, no job and only one car in your house hold, along with bad/no credit...you shouldn't be putting out more money when you can't afford to do so. You can help animals with your time...it means just as much.

My son was not happy there and neither was I and so I left.
I agree with Cataholic....the first thing that came to my mind was "at one years old?" Children that young rely on their parents for emotional guidance. You can provide that alone. And....why is it that YOU had to move to be near your child's father?? This message you are sending to Dylan's father isn't the greatest.

Now I see that you are leaving. I know you came here for support...and that is what we offered you. We also are trying not to just lend an ear, we see that you need a way out. Above all, we are upset that poor Mystic is ill and we have to sit here while you can't afford to help. How else do you think we would have responded? We are animal lovers who want action.

mugsy
12-09-2002, 06:51 PM
At the risk of sounding naive here, if people wanted to help Mystic but were nervous about sending money, why not send the money to the vet to help pay the bills?? Unfortunately, I can't afford to do that right now, but just a thought. Since this is Pet Talk, I agree with Karen, if the post is pet related then all the other stuff should be either a. ignored or b. handled in PMs....and I know I am guilty of posting about the personal stuff. There are a lot of things that I read that make me angry, but after my last run in of negative nasties I decided that I would NOT get nasty again and if I didn't like most of what the person had to say, I just put them on my ignore list so I don't have to read what will obviously make me angry.

Cookiebaker
12-09-2002, 06:54 PM
How exactly do the buddy/ignore things work? I've seen where you can put them in use, but does it alert you every time that person posts/is online & viice versa??

mugsy
12-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Basically you go to your user cp and click on ignore list and type the person's user name in and whenever they post it shows their name but it says "this person is on your ignore list" and you don't see what they've posted. You do have the option of viewing it if you so desire, but I very rarely do.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Yuck I should not have read all 3 pages :( I have been in a very similar situation as luckies so I can sympathize and my own mom was a single parent and we had a dog, Good luck luckies and I hope your cat gets better :)

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 07:16 PM
I am still stuck on how YESTERDAY Mystic had what appeared to be a broken leg. Then, today, Mystic has cancer, and tomorrow, things like amputation and chemo are to be discussed. I haven't ever had any animal with cancer, fortunately. But, I did have some blood work done recently on Tex, and it took that vet TWO days to get the results....is cancer just a simple blood test? I am confused about how YESTERDAY no one could/would help, and money was simply NOT available, but TODAY $200 was available.:confused: :confused: :confused:

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 07:19 PM
two words : pawn shop
????
beats me, but I don't doubt that luckies is in a bad situation, perhaps she is so stressed out she isn't making total sense? has happened to me many times I dunno about you.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Pawn Shop? At first I thought you meant something about the cat going to the Pawn Shop..now I get it, and maybe so. I don't know, really.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 07:24 PM
LOL I don't frequent pawn shops but I'm pretty sure they don't accept live animals :).

sammi
12-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Off the topic some......What someone posted about refund money from income tax (if you get back/too much is being taken out etc.). I realize that it has been most of the time adviced to do that and not let the gov. make interest off you when you could be making interest and saving yourself. I have also heard this past year that for some that may be the only way to save. When we were first married we got back money and I liked it!! That money would have been spent nickel and dime here and there. But if you were getting over a couple thousand than it might not be so good. LOL But, with interest so low at this time - saving acct. are not making anything either. So I guess it could go either way unless you were a dedicated saver. Gosh its hard for people to get ahead these days with everything so high (of course its easier to get credit too) unless you already have money invested etc. Just my 2 cents - not putting down what was said b/4.

luckies4me
12-09-2002, 08:05 PM
I am still stuck on how YESTERDAY Mystic had what appeared to be a broken leg. Then, today, Mystic has cancer, and tomorrow, things like amputation and chemo are to be discussed. I haven't ever had any animal with cancer, fortunately. But, I did have some blood work done recently on Tex, and it took that vet TWO days to get the results....is cancer just a simple blood test? I am confused about how YESTERDAY no one could/would help, and money was simply NOT available, but TODAY $200 was available.:confused: :confused: :confused:

My first thought was that he broke his leg. That is what I just assumed because he is an outside/indoor cat. I also felt something weird but obviously it was nothing.

He had x rays done. If the vet you go to does not have an in house lab then you have to wait for results like in your case. Dan got a draw out of his paycheck today.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 09:49 PM
I contribute to an RRSP (registered retirement savings plan) I was contributing 100 a month last summer but now down to ten
:(
I only started it last summer and have almost 300 in there, it counts towards your income tax deductions :D

Cataholic
12-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by sammi
Off the topic some......What someone posted about refund money from income tax (if you get back/too much is being taken out etc.). I realize that it has been most of the time adviced to do that and not let the gov. make interest off you when you could be making interest and saving yourself. I have also heard this past year that for some that may be the only way to save. When we were first married we got back money and I liked it!! That money would have been spent nickel and dime here and there. But if you were getting over a couple thousand than it might not be so good. LOL But, with interest so low at this time - saving acct. are not making anything either. So I guess it could go either way unless you were a dedicated saver. Gosh its hard for people to get ahead these days with everything so high (of course its easier to get credit too) unless you already have money invested etc. Just my 2 cents - not putting down what was said b/4.

Sammi- my dad used to say the same thing..if you got lots back, you were doing something wrong..but, for me, at the tiime, it was a forced savings plan, and it worked. Now that I have better control of my finances, I can save other ways, and make more money. But, I agree, if this is the only way someone can save, they should do it! Saving this way beats saving no way..he he he

Cataholic
12-10-2002, 09:12 AM
LOL I don't frequent pawn shops but I'm pretty sure they don't accept live animals :).

BUT, just think what you could do, "Junie...if you don't stop this silly barking I am going to the Pawn Shop and trade you in for a quieter model!!!"...he he he...think it might work?

12-10-2002, 09:22 AM
You're right, with the interest rates as pathetic as they are right now, some people might be better off letting the government hold it. Back when I was first married in the 80's, interest rates were astronomical, so my husband and I decided to adjust our withholdings so we could make some money off of our money. (I'm a Cancerian, too, and we are noted for our deep love of money and our frugality:p ) I've always had the discipline to save money, fortunately. I do agree though, that for people who just can't let money stay in their pockets, that getting that big refund is probably a better idea. It's too funny when I look at my checking account statement and see that I've earned 21 cents in interest this month - WOW!!! I'd probably be better off taking my money to the race track each month.......... :rolleyes: :p

luckies4me
12-10-2002, 12:27 PM
I can save money. Like I said I had 700 dollars saved, part mine and part Dans. The "mine" part came from what little money I made cleaning at nights. It's hard for me to save money now because well, I don't make any. Dan pays for everything. The apartment, food, diapers, bills, gas etc. But hopefully soon I can get a job. We have already talked about me getting a job which is why I applied at Harrry and David, but after his grandma already said yes and I was excited, he told me he thouht she shouldn't do it. She is old, and was in the process of moving. But we had already talked again (before this whole stupid thread) that after here move I can go find another job and then he didn't have a problem with her watching him. I handed in a resume a few months ago for a position at the vet clinic down the street (walking distance) and the lady has already called me back and said there will be a position open at the end of the month, after one of their employees leaves. So contrary to what you all believe I have been thinking of getting a job and this has been something we have talked about for a long time.

I was really upset that I couldn't take the other job. They pay for your bus fee and everything! And it would have given me more experience in something else. But I am going to try next year and see what happens. As far as looking for work, Dan is looking for another job because his job is not doing so great and he's been there for 10 years! Which is one reason he doesn't want to leave. It's his family pretty much. Yesterday I found out his mother will be giving us her suburbun (sp?) so then we will have two cars!:D That would make it so much easier for me to get around. It won't be until she pays it off but still, I can wait a few months.

As for taxes. We (Dan and I) both claim 0 on our taxes so that they will take more out and we will have more when we get our return. We also qualify for earned income credit because of Dylan, so we get a few hundred back that way too. I like to get this large sum of money because we can use it to pay off three months of rent and buy things we need, then haesome leftover for childcare expensives. Trust me, we have thought long and hard about our current situation.

So how many haveme on their ignore list now?

sammi
12-10-2002, 02:03 PM
I would say none!

luckies4me
12-10-2002, 02:04 PM
You should go read my other post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

luckies4me
12-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sammi
I would say none!

Well that's great! There is no need to hate me. But just want to say that I totally understand each and everyone being upset yesterday. It's just very hard to persuade Dan to let his money go. But he did get the draw so we are fine and I am happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!