PDA

View Full Version : Any nurses/doctors?

Sowa
04-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm working this afternoon and tomorrow so I can't make it to a walk in clinic. I'm a little worried about something and was hoping someone here might know some medical stuff to put my mind at ease? Let me know so I can message you.

pomtzu
04-27-2013, 11:44 AM
If you are concerned enough to want to speak to a nurse or doctor, then you really should take off work and get checked out whatever is concerning you. It's not a good idea to ask for medical advise on line - IMO. Just my opinion of course. IF it is something potentially serious, you need to be seen in person - and not rely on what someone might tell you here. It could be good advise, but then again, maybe not. Hope you'll be okay.

Karen
04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Does you local hospital have a "call-a nurse" phone number? Many do ... I know tattsxxx11 is a nurse, but don't know how often she checks her private messages. We know you are a worrier, Sowa, best to call and ask someone, even if you just call the hospital, and ask to talk to someone.

Asiel
04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Don't you have a pcp you could call at home since you seem so worried? Even a pharmacist might be able to help you, but I would hope your place of employment would let you take a bit of time off to run to a clinic.
A pet forum isn't the best place to get help or advice for a personal problem... hope everything turns out okay for you.

cassiesmom
04-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Try calling your local hospital emergency department and asking to speak to the triage nurse. If the triage nurse can't help you over the phone, she (or he!) might be able to provide you with an ask-a-nurse phone number.

Couple of Web sites that have good information - Medline Plus is run by the National Institutes of Health (www.nlm.nih.gov/MedlinePlus/) . Also www.mayoclinic.com - Mayo Clinic Health Information site. They are both HONcode (Health on the Net) certified.

Good luck!

*LabLoverKEB*
04-28-2013, 10:30 PM
If you are concerned enough to want to speak to a nurse or doctor, then you really should take off work and get checked out whatever is concerning you. It's not a good idea to ask for medical advise on line - IMO. Just my opinion of course. IF it is something potentially serious, you need to be seen in person - and not rely on what someone might tell you here. It could be good advise, but then again, maybe not. Hope you'll be okay.

Yes, I don't advise researching or asking for medical advice online, it can often lead to misinformation! :) I am an RVT and I cringe every time I hear a client say.... "I read online" or "I heard from a friend"! You wouldn't believe some of the things people think are ok for their pets!:eek: But, I DO hope you are ok!! :love:

cassiesmom
04-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Sowa, how are you? Were you able to get the answers you needed?