PDA

View Full Version : Pray for T-bone please :(((

aly
12-07-2002, 06:53 PM
I'm so upset after sitting in a busy emergency vet clinic for 5 hours. It is so heartbreaking to see people rush in with sick pets. I was there with a dog from work who got very sick today. I got off work at noon and he was fine. I went back into work for to reason at all at 2pm and he was squirting blood out of both ends. I ran him to the ER and he tested negative for parvo. I had to keep calling the manager of my work trying to get permission for certain medical things because we are on such a limited budget. I finally went ahead and put him on fluids because he was severely dehydrated. I called and asked my work if I could just pay for him and they wouldn't let me for some reason :( :( :mad: But I still put a $275 deposit down and came home to talk to the other members of the Rainbow Committee. My vote is to keep him on fluids and a few other minimal things until Monday and re-evaluate his wellbeing at that point. That is what the vet suggested. Another member is thinking we need to euthanize. I'm still waiting to get calls from the other members. Please please pray for our T-bone boy. He's the sweetest thing on earth. Oh, he also has heartworm and will have to go through that treatment if he recovers from this. We just got him 4 days ago but I'm already so attached to him. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm losing my mind.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2002, 07:00 PM
(((HUGS T-BONE & ALY)))
Oh, Aly! This is so sad. Prayers are on the way for you both. Please keep us posted.

tatsxxx11
12-07-2002, 07:30 PM
How heartbreaking, Aly:( I'll be keeping T-Bone in my thoughts and prayers. He couldn't have a better person on his side than you. Please give him a hug for me. Poor pupper. I pray he recovers.

aly
12-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Thank goodness... I just got off the phone and it turned out that we all voted to wait until Monday before making any decisions about whether or not he can get better. We only have $250 in our emergency fund but I didn't tell them I put down the deposit with my own check, not theirs. We're goign to use everything we have in the fund and also try to get a sponser for the boy. Hope and pray that he responds to the meds and the fluids and it is something that won't take his life. Pet Talk prayers have helped so many little lives in the past. I just have so much hope for the boy. I'm going to visit him tomorrow and will update you guys.

Thanks everyone.

Sudilar
12-07-2002, 07:39 PM
Aly, my prayers are with T-bone. I hope he recovers quickly. You are an angel for taking care of him. Prayers for you, too.

shais_mom
12-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Prayers headed your way!

Cataholic
12-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Prayers coming your way from here...

mugsy
12-07-2002, 10:34 PM
You know you have them from the Kendalls.

moosmom
12-07-2002, 10:36 PM
Aly,

You and T-Bone will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are a very special person to do what you did. I hope everything turns out okay. Please keep us posted.

((((hugs))))

ownerof3dogs
12-07-2002, 10:39 PM
T-Bone is also in my prayers today

TheAntiPam
12-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Praying for a good report for T-Bone and for a calm holiday season for Aly!

Sweet Aly - don't let your love for the fur babies take too much out of you. Save a bit of love and energy for yourself. You deserve it too! :)

trisha0503
12-08-2002, 02:13 AM
We'll have T-bone in our prayers:(

lynnestankard
12-08-2002, 05:06 AM
Ali - {{{{HUGS}}}} for you and TBone coming across the miles.
All paws and fingers crossed at this end.

Lynne

sammi
12-08-2002, 05:43 AM
I just read this and I will pray for T-Bone. I hope you find things with him better this morning. Lucky he has you to watch over him.

Aly, could you tell us what color and kind of dog it is?

12-08-2002, 06:15 AM
Aly , no matter how this turns out , you are an ANGEL !! THANK YOU in name of T-Bone and all other pets in the world ...!

http://www.gifanimations.com/animation3/dogs/Puppy.gif http://www.gifanimations.com/animation3/dogs/Puppy.gif

Tina
12-08-2002, 07:57 AM
T-bone will be in our thoughts and prayers.

aly
12-08-2002, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone :( I'm scared. I'm on my way to see him now. If he's not any better at all, I think we will have our answer. But if he is responding, even a little bit, then there will be hope. He's acting exactly like he has parvo (in case you don't know, its a REALLLY bad thing that a lot of dogs don't survive). But they think he has something that is carried by ticks and starts with an I. Sorry I forgot the name, yesterday was a whirlwind. Its not positive he has that though. He has almost no blood plateletts. They thought it was a blood clotting problem because when they shaved him for the IV, his skin bruised up but his blood clot test came out normal. Thats why she checked the platelets.

Mollie - he's a year and a half (we estimate from his teeth cause he was a stray), we're thinking Corgi mix. He looks like a mini yellow lab... well sort of. He's about 18 lbs. Very precious little boy. After talking to the vet again at 2am in the morning, she said if he gets better from this, he'll have to wait 2 months before he can get his heartworm treatment. She said he'd be fine staying in our shelter as opposed to a foster home because we have a really low stress shelter and spoil the babies. Of course a foster home would be better and I wish I could foster him but I've got sick little Peka.

RockyRoad
12-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Awww I am so sorry about T-Bone. I hope he gets well soon. Thank god you were there to bring him to the ER or he might have been a goner right then. But T-Bone will be in our prayers and all his friends and family, skin or fur, will be as well. A candle will be lit tonight in hope for T-Bone's speedy recovery!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-08-2002, 08:08 AM
Aly, what a sad story. T-Bone is in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

anna_66
12-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Prayers are on the way for T-Bone. I really hope he is responding when you go to see him.

Karen
12-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Glad to know what he looks like, so we can picture him as we send our prayers! Poor little T-bone, send him our love, and give him an ear skritch from us, if you're thinking Corgi, then he's probably got great big silly ears! We'll hope for the best for this baby, and even if he can't be fostered, your shelter is THE place - where else could he get that all-encompassing Aly-love!

aly
12-08-2002, 06:35 PM
****HUGS and KISSES to all the wonderful Pet Talkers sending prayers****

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I am picking up T-bone tomorrow at 6AM!!! He responded wonderfully to the fluids and his blood plateletts are up from 14000 to 50000 :D He hasn't thrown up today, he ate all his food, and he's on his feet being ornery once again!!!! :) When I went to see him, he got right up and gave me kisses. I am sooooooooo happy for him.

The only problem is I saw a lot of bad things at the emergency vet today and I can't get these images out of my head. I feel so sad for the sick animals I saw today. I hope they will all be okay :(

aly
12-08-2002, 07:08 PM
It is treatable... its a painful treatment and they don't always make it through the treatment, but most of the time they do. They need a little over a month of bed rest during the treatment because its so hard on them. I'm not sure exactly when the treatment came about but I know its been around for a few years at least.

lynnestankard
12-09-2002, 03:50 AM
Oh Aly - I'm so pleased for T-Bone - and you too! :) :)
I just hope things carry on improving - he sounds the sweetest boy.
{{{Hugs}}} for you doing all you can in difficult circumstances. xx

Lynne

sammi
12-09-2002, 05:30 AM
Aly, That is great news!!!!!!!!!! Prayers work! I hope he gets along fine. Another great job done Aly.

Rachel
12-09-2002, 05:56 AM
Tis the season for miracles....more prayers for T-Bone coming from Illinois.

anna_66
12-09-2002, 06:44 AM
Wonderful News:D

I'm really glad to hear he responded well. I'll still be keeping him in my thoughts.

aly
12-09-2002, 11:26 AM
I picked him up bright and early this morning.. actually it wasn't bright yet, it was still pitch black!! He was very happy to get out of that hospital. I stopped by and got some breakfast tacos on the way back to the shelter. The little boy leaped across the passenger seat and stole one out of my hand right when it was going into my mouth! Guess who's feeling better :D

I took him to a normal vet for an ehrlichia test. Its the disease spread by ticks that I couldn't remember the name of. Thats what he probably has but we won't find out for 2-3 days. When we were waiting at the vet, he put his head on my leg and looked up at me with his big brown eyes and my heart just melted. Poor boy has been through a scary weekend. I bought him a special bone and some treats to keep him occupied because he's on crate rest for awhile in a room by himself.

I will post pics of him tonight. I left so early this morning, I forgot my camera.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-09-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm so glad the sweetheart is doing better. He will stay in my prayers until he is completely well. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Tina
12-09-2002, 02:05 PM
What Wonderful News!!

I'm so glad that he is doing better:)

mugsy
12-09-2002, 02:21 PM
OH YEAH!!! I was so scared to read the posts. You've made me so happy. Are you going to adopt the cutie??

ChrisH
12-09-2002, 04:44 PM
oh, Aly, I only just read about poor T-Bone. I am so glad he is doing better. He will be in my prayers.

Cataholic
12-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by aly
When we were waiting at the vet, he put his head on my leg and looked up at me with his big brown eyes and my heart just melted. Poor boy has been through a scary weekend.

That was his way of thanking you for your support, Aly. He knows your name means, to him, A (always) L (loving) Y (you). No good deed goes unnoticed, and you really did a huge one!!!

Karen
12-09-2002, 06:09 PM
So glad to hear he's feeling better! That crate rest may be harder to enforce than you first thought! Leaping for joy - and at breakfast - sounds like a happy doggie-on-the-mend to me! :)

Yay for Aly!

Yay for T-bone!

Yay for Aly!

aly
12-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Ok here is a pic of his SWEEEEEEEEEEET face:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p914b5c52fddf4418f23fd30b86b81f69/fcf2f077.jpg

We have him down as Corgi/Chihuahua mix.

Don't ya just wanna kiss him?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p084519ed283848010d2373aedb64a1bd/fcf2f078.jpg

You can see where they shaved for his IVs :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pdfe2eec9a093861c44a61994b7260000/fcf2f079.jpg

Can't get enough of that face!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pacab0ade66f3614fcdfa4e04e928b4a1/fcf2f07c.jpg

He has his appetite back :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pe58fdee3572a9bad1495d7aacf0b481d/fcf2f074.jpg

Nomilynn
12-09-2002, 11:27 PM
HE IS ADORABLE!!! I WANNA SMOTHER HIM IN MANY KISSES!!!!!

He is just too sweet!!

Kater
12-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Beautiful Boy! I am keeping him in my prayers!

sammi
12-10-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

That was his way of thanking you for your support, Aly. He knows your name means, to him, A (always) L (loving) Y (you). No good deed goes unnoticed, and you really did a huge one!!!

That is such a sweet thing to say - that was a good deed too!

Aly, He is sooooo cute! Happy he will be in a safe and comfortable place.

anna_66
12-10-2002, 06:51 AM
Give him a big smooch from me!!

ChrisH
12-10-2002, 07:44 AM
T-Bone you are simply adorable!:) :)

Kisses & hugs.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-10-2002, 02:45 PM
So glad that things went OK. T-Bone is just too cute! I love his sweet furry face. Just want to give him lot and lots of kisses!

tatsxxx11
12-10-2002, 02:48 PM
Oh, what a beautiful, beautiful boy!!!:) I wish I could hug and squish him to pieces!! What a wonderful Christmas gift...T Bone's ok!!!:)

mugsy
12-10-2002, 04:56 PM
OH I WANT HIM!! He's soooo cute.

aly
12-11-2002, 03:46 PM
GOOOOD NEWS! His results came back and he doesn't have ehrlichia. That means his body was attacking his own platelets. I forgot the technical term for this but it has no known cause.

He's on crate rest still and taking his meds and getting stronger. He's very happy he has a whole room to himself at the shelter. He puffs his chest out and prances when he walks by any other dogs :) In 2 months he'll go to a foster home for his heartworm treatment.

We'll be weaning him off his meds next week as long as his platelet count is normal.

He's such a special boy :)

NoahsMommy
12-11-2002, 03:55 PM
That's really great news Aly!! I'm so glad this little sweetie is getting better, thanks to you. :)

anna_66
12-11-2002, 09:01 PM
So great to hear! Take care of that sweetie pie Aly!

mugsy
12-11-2002, 09:12 PM
YEAH!! The news just keeps getting better!! Give the little man a hug and kiss from the Kendall house (that should keep you plenty busy for awhile! lol)

sammi
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
That is more great news Aly!!!!!!!!!!;)

ChrisH
12-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Great news!!! :)