PDA

View Full Version : Changing my birthday.............

pomtzu
04-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah - mine is today, but I'm not posting this looking for greetings and well wishes. I'm just wondering why this always seems to be such a dark date.

Oklahoma City Bombing - many deaths

Waco Branch Dividian complex burned to the ground - many deaths

Colombine H.S. Massacre on the 20th - many deaths

One Boston Marathon bomber killed and a massive manhunt on for the other

I'm beginning to think that 4/19 should be taken off the calendar! :(

Karen
04-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Have a safe day today, and hopefully tomorrow will be better. At least unlike me, you could leave the house to get cake! Thankfully, I do have groceries on hand, so could make cake if necessary! What's your favorite?

We're among the towns on lockdown.

pomtzu
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah - I know that area pretty well from years back. Just stay put - that kid could be anywhere - and he certainly has nothing to lose by taking out more people. :( So sad, since everyone interviewed speaks so well of him, and it appears he was roped in to all of this by his older brother. I don't think the real truth will ever be known tho......

Ironically my favorite "cake" is Boston Creme Pie. If you feel like baking, I feel like eating! :)

Queen of Poop
04-19-2013, 12:24 PM
There has to be something good about this day - IT'S YOU!!!! :love::love::love:

Catty1
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm with QOP - YOU make this day great pom! :love::love::love: Wishing you a happy surprise sometime today!

phesina
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM

We third the motion! We are all raising a toast of catnip or whatever to you, Ellie.

:love: from Pat and cats

lizbud
04-19-2013, 02:04 PM

That's right.:love: Just thought I'd sneak that in there. LOL.

It is just that only the bad news makes the news & we rarely hear about the many good things that happen every day.
I always check out the thread about the "good Guys" in General. Always perks me up to read about the good stuff in the world.:)

caseysmom
04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Sorry these things happened on your birthday. I am a sap about birthdays and want everyone to enjoy their special day. The day still belongs to you first so it is a special happy day.

pomtzu
04-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm not usually this glum - just a bunch of other crap going on in my life too - but tomorrow is the 20th - the day after - and I won't have to worry about any more unpleasant events happening on my birthday, for at least another year!!! :p:D

Asiel
04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I've been keeping up with the events of the bombing and I'm still totally dumbfounded this could happen.

It does seem like a lousy day for your birthday but you're the bright light at the end of the tunnel and it's never a bad day for your birthday, so chin up and enjoy the day. Wish I could bake you that cake... not sure how it would turn out, been ages since I made one of those.

RICHARD
04-19-2013, 08:12 PM
It could be worse, you could have been born on Feb 30?

------------

Remember, it's YOUR day..........

Everything outside of that shouldn't bother you.

Happy YOUR birthDAY.:)

Karen
04-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey, now you can count your birthday as the day the bomber was caught! A victory of sorts in this whole horrible week.

Medusa
04-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Sorry that I missed your birthday, Ellie. I hope that it was wonderfully blessed despite all the bad things that have happened on that date.