PDA

View Full Version : You might be from the Pacific Northwest if....

COCatMama
12-07-2002, 06:01 PM
To all of us who proudly call the Northwest HOME...
You might be from the Pacific Northwest if you:

1. Know the state flower (Mildew).
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3. Use the statement "sun break" and know what it means.
4. Know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
5. Know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. Feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
7. Stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal.
8. Consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain.
9. Can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle 's Best and Craven's.
10. Know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon.
11. Know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup , Issaquah , Oregon and Willamette .
12. Consider swimming an indoor sport.
13. Can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
14. In winter, go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while only working eight-hour days.
15. Never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16. Are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
17. You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sun breaks."
18. Have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
19. Know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of mind.
20. Can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
21. You exclaim "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
22. Put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots & parka.
23. Switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks on.
24. Have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
25. Think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
26. Knew immediately that the view out of Frazier's window was fake.
27. Buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.
28. You measure distance in hours.
29. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in the same day.
30. You use a down comforter in the summer.
31. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them.
32. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
33. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining (spring), Road Construction (summer), Deer & Elk season (fall).
34. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends in the Northwest or those who used to live here!

koxka
12-07-2002, 06:35 PM
LOL , That is pretty funny! Can understant some staments, had been there..... IN SUMMER ! :D

Lillycat
12-08-2002, 09:00 AM
what a hoot .....loved it.....i visited cataholic when she resided in seattle over thanksgiving some years ago....so can relate to a lot of them.....i loooooved seattle......i could live there!!!!

Lillycat
12-08-2002, 09:02 AM
oops, forgot something else.......thats where i "discovered" starbucks........came back to cincinnati.....found a push-cart coffee thingy at one of the hotels downtown.......but it was some years until we had our own starbucks.......now we have a bunch of them, but not yet on every corner......there are some parts of town w/o starbucks and i miss that as i really love starbucks!!!!

Cataholic
12-08-2002, 09:59 AM
I have the Pacific NorthWest to thank for my coffee addiction! Must run to Starbucks now!!!

mugsy
12-08-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm going to have to cut and paste this into an email and send it to my sister who lives in Olympia.

LoudLou
12-08-2002, 03:27 PM
LOL!!! I was born in Los Angeles, CA and lived there until I was 8yrs. when my parents moved me to the Pacific NW... Forks, WA.:eek: I have lived up here in the Pacific NW area now for almost 25yrs. and these are all SO TRUE!................. Thanks Lalania for the laugh it was most needed this morning.:D

COCatMama
12-08-2002, 03:36 PM
you're welcome!!