PDA

View Full Version : Whimper (I'm fine and so are the kitties.)

AmberLee
04-14-2013, 12:11 AM
I was unpacking in the living room when a crash from what I thought was in the bedroom woke Huckie -- we ran around looking for what had come down/caused the crash. It turned out a box of wrapping paper had slid down another pile of boxes and self-destructed (box collapsed) in the office. No sign of Sligo, any where. At first I thought he was scared and hiding.

I looked all over the office and then the house. Huckie seemed concerned. After a half-an-hour of searching, I was in a panic. Eventually, both Huck and Sligo strolled by wondering why Meowmy was acting like a nut.

It's a huge relief, but I'm mildly tempted to strangle my beloved Sligo. Whimper, whimper. Thank God he's fine, but my nerves are shot tonight.

Karen
04-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Good gracious, they know how to get pulses racing! Have a nice cup of hot cocoa and glare you severest glare at 'em!

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm so sorry that this happened. Maybe Sligo was the one that caused the box to crash and self destruct so he was hiding out for a while. I'm glad that everyone is okay and hopefully this won't happen again. I still don't know how you can even tell them apart. Take care. (((HUGS)))

cassiesmom
04-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Huckie and Sligo, I am so glad you and your meowmy are fine! :love: :love:

Randi
04-14-2013, 08:56 AM
What a scare, but I can't help laughing. :D I had expected to read that you found Sligo hiding in a box. Glad all is well. :)

catmandu
04-14-2013, 12:26 PM
When I hear a crash at the Found Cat Hotel I say two prayers.
One is that none of My Cats is hurt:love::love:
And two that they have not busted anything valuable:love::love:

AmberLee
04-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Thank you all. I thought doctors said pets REDUCE blood pressure, not raise it! :eek::eek:

:love:

phesina
04-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow! So glad no one was hurt and nothing valuable was destroyed.

So weird, isn't it, how they can just vanish into thin air sometimes.. then just reappear, POOF! later, acting like, So what's the big deal?

My foster girl Kitty Vanished like that just as I was about to take her over to her new Furrever home last Tuesday. I looked under, inside, on top of everything I could think of and find, no sign of her. I was in a panic. I wound up taking just Kellie over. When I got back home, there she was on the couch, her usual hangout, looking at me like, WHAT?

I took her over that evening, and all is well. We're so glad all is well with your mischievous boys (oh, that Sligo!) too! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

smokey the elder
04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Maybe they can turn invisible like Owen, one of the cats in a mystery series I'm reading.:p

gini
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Maybe they can turn invisible like Owen, one of the cats in a mystery series I'm reading.:p

What is the name of the series? I love Rita Mae Brown's books.

I am so glad that everything is alright AmberLee. I think sometimes kitties do these things just to make sure that we are paying attention.

AmberLee
04-17-2013, 01:26 AM
What is the name of the series? ... I think sometimes kitties do these things just to make sure that we are paying attention.

{{{Gini}}} Thanks. He's my darling who desperately needs brushes most often, but hates getting them. Today he got plenty, and seems okay with the attention.

And I agree, the mystery series sounds quite interesting. Could we get more info, Smokey the Elder? (I love the talking cat mysteries, think they're by Shirley Murphey Rousseau? Sounds like you have another great read to expand our interests!)