PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy's New Hairdo

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Some of you from FB already know that my Ziggy was having both hairball problems and fluffy butt problems. She kept on throwing up hairballs and/or scooting on my carpet and leaving poopy skid marks because poo would stick to her fluffy butt.:( Om Monday morning I woke up to both problems. My only real solution was to take her to the groomers for a new haircut. She had a kennel cut on Wed. morning. She was good at first then she started resisting and then she tried to bite.:( The groomers also check the anal glands and she did have a little bit of liquid that came out. This is the first time that any of my cats have had anal gland problems. I'm sure she feels so much better now. Here are some pictures of her new hairdo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13017-croppedampresized.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krazyaboutkatz/media/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13017-croppedampresized.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13005-croppedampresized.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krazyaboutkatz/media/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13005-croppedampresized.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13001-croppedampresized.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krazyaboutkatz/media/ZiggyStardustsKennelCut4-12-13001-croppedampresized.jpg.html)

phesina
04-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Oh, my goodness, Ziggy! What a pretty "tabby" girl you are!

We hope you will soon be better from the hairball and anal gland problems.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
04-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Ziggy-what a different kitty you are under all that! I'm sure it's a relief and it will give time to straighten out your difficulties, sweetie! :love: Have Mom give you a kiss from us!

catmandu
04-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Not only does Ziggy look better, we are betting that she feels ever so much better too.:love::love:

Grace
04-13-2013, 10:09 AM
She is lovely as always, and I'll bet she feels better :)

Randi
04-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Ziggy, that's a nice haircut and just the time of year for it. :) I bet it's a lot easier to clean yourself now.

Sending kisses. :love:

kaycountrygal
04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Oh My! Very nice indeed! Love the new look. Not only is it a good look but I'm sure kitty will feel better.

Karen
04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Aww, glad they let her keep her floofy tail, she looks good!

cassiesmom
04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Hello, beautiful Ziggy and hello, Pearl! Ziggy, I know you are beautiful whether your coat is short or long! I hope your fluffy butt problems will resolve quickly. I love your flooffy tail and your amazing eyes! Gentle *kisses* for the girls :love: :love:

momcat
04-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow Ziggy, I love your new haircut! You look as gorgeous as ever and probably feel better too. Sending you and your fur sibs lots and lots of lovies :love: :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone.:) She does seem much happier now. I think the new haircut makes her look even younger and more kittenish.:)

pomtzu
04-13-2013, 04:02 PM
:( Where is my Ziggy??? :confused::(

I know it's very laborious keeping a long haired cat looking in tip-top shape, but I just love the way they look. I always said I wanted one with long hair, but all of my RB kitties had short hair. I know I never could have kept one looking as good as they should.

All of my dogs - past and present - have had long hair - which eventually always got cut. Myndi is the only one who I never gave a short cut to, but she is very easy to keep looking good and her hair doesn't mat hardly at all.

I still luv ya Ziggy! :love:

Asiel
04-13-2013, 07:34 PM
This was new for me---I had no idea they could clip a cat...but Ziggy does look good, and leaving the fluffy tail gives ziggy a such a different look. She might just start a new trend.

katladyd
04-13-2013, 10:51 PM
I think ziggy looks even prettier than before! (If that is at all possible). Lookin' good, girl!:):love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2013, 01:12 AM
This was new for me---I had no idea they could clip a cat...but Ziggy does look good, and leaving the fluffy tail gives ziggy a such a different look. She might just start a new trend.
Yes, she might.

I think ziggy looks even prettier than before! (If that is at all possible). Lookin' good, girl!:):love:

Thanks. I think she does too. I'm really liking her new look. She's also been such a love bug towards me and purring like crazy. Maybe she also loves her new haircut and is thanking me for it.;)

jenluckenbach
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
She looks GREAT!! I love the way they look and feel shaved down.

krazyaboutkatz
04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
She looks GREAT!! I love the way they look and feel shaved down.

Thanks. Me too.:)

chocolatepuppy
04-16-2013, 05:05 AM
You're looking good Ziggy!:D

mbsmum
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I think Ziggy looks great.
I am also thinking of giving Kaveri a new hairdo. She has lot of dandruff ( that is what I think it is), maybe with less fur the skin can be treated. The vet gave vitamin tablets for 3 weeks. It did not help.Has anybody any ideas?
Thanks

krazyaboutkatz
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
You're looking good Ziggy!:D
Thanks.:)

I think Ziggy looks great.
I am also thinking of giving Kaveri a new hairdo. She has lot of dandruff ( that is what I think it is), maybe with less fur the skin can be treated. The vet gave vitamin tablets for 3 weeks. It did not help.Has anybody any ideas?
Thanks

When Ziggy came home I also noticed that she had some dandruff too which I hadn't noticed before. It seems to be gone now. Both of my boys Alani & Blaze also have some and my RB Storm always had this not matter what I did. Maybe she needs a medicated shampoo of some kind. I even tried giving my RB Storm some fish oil supplements but this didn't help either. If your vet doesn't know what to do next you could always call a grooming business and ask them what might help her.

cassiesmom
05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
. I'm really liking her new look. She's also been such a love bug towards me and purring like crazy. ;)

*smooch* Hi, pretty girl Ziggy... I was just thinking of you, Pearl and your brothers! How's the new 'do, is it growing in?

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
wOW Ziggy, I wouldn't have recognized you if mommy wouldn't have told us!!
Mayba that would be a solution for my Zazou too; But I don't think they do shave cats like that here... . I wouldn't even know where to go !
Zazou had sticky poop last week, and after every you-know-what, I had to catch her and clean her butt with a wet cloth; OMG, she hated me for that...

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
*smooch* Hi, pretty girl Ziggy... I was just thinking of you, Pearl and your brothers! How's the new 'do, is it growing in?
Thanks for thinking of my furkids.:) Ziggy is so much happier these days. Now she tries to sleep by my head at night just to be closer to me. Everyone else is also doing well. I think that Alani & Blaze are also feeling much cooler these days.:)

wOW Ziggy, I wouldn't have recognized you if mommy wouldn't have told us!!
Mayba that would be a solution for my Zazou too; But I don't think they do shave cats like that here... . I wouldn't even know where to go !
Zazou had sticky poop last week, and after every you-know-what, I had to catch her and clean her butt with a wet cloth; OMG, she hated me for that...

If you have a groomers near you then this would be the place to call. Some vets may also do this too. My Alani & Blaze also got kennel cuts and you can see them in another thread.;)