PDA

View Full Version : Taxing Thursday #528.

RICHARD
04-11-2013, 12:06 PM
IT's that time of year, once again to either thank goodness your taxes are filed, are hustling to get them done or putting in for an extension.

------------------------

And what is with this weather, 85 degrees yesterday and getting into the mid 40's tonight.

If I was crazy, I'd swear it was the End of Days.....

But it's not and it's time for a hot drink and something good to eat.

DONE?

pomtzu
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
One nice thing about being poor and having no income :( -------- you don't have to file income taxes. ;) I baked a cake this morning for no special reason - lemon with key lime icing. It's on the bar if anyone would like to try a piece.

Karen
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds yummy, I'll have a slice, thanks!

phesina
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I'll have a slice of that cake.. it sounds delicious!

And I'm putting on a pot of nice "Calm" herbal tea.. anyone else want some?

Lady's Human
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Calm herbal tea? Is it canine safe? I think a wigglebutt could use some 'o dat!

pomtzu
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
That cake was inspired by the summer-like temps we've had for the past few days. It was supposed to cool off today, but it still got up to 80! Lower 70's tomorrow with some much needed rain. The temps caused so many of the flowering trees to bloom in just a couple of days - cherry blossom, dogwood, forsythia, etc. So pretty. Of course the maple and juniper are past the budding, and the pollen is taking it's toll. Sniffle-sniffle-sneeze-sneeze........:(:(:(

smokey the elder
04-11-2013, 02:54 PM
That cake sounds yummy!

Queen of Poop
04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
My taxes are done, filed and paid. Woo Hoo! It's snowing here, yes snowing! It always snows on the day that was my sisters funeral. I'll have some cake please and a tea too. Then off to brush before the dentist.

Pinot's Mom
04-11-2013, 04:56 PM
I guess the taxes are done - not up to me! Our accountant works that out with my husband, it's e-filed and we don't even have to sign it - it's e-signed. So amazing! No tax stress here...

I'd like some of that cake, though, it sounds wonderful!

Lady's Human
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Okay, this is getting out of control.

A couple of weeks ago $20K worth of nutella was stolen.

Last week 140,000 pounds of cheese was stolen (Muenster, as well)

This week $100,000 worth of hamburger patties was stolen, and yesterday a truckload of strawberries was stolen, but the heist was foiled by a zombie attack. (no, I'm I'm not making this up!)

1) Has anyone seen David and the Orc lately?

2) has anyone done in inventory of the L+F?

Whatever it is, someone has one hell of a case of the munchies!

cassiesmom
04-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Thank goodness my taxes have been filed. But it is a chilly, damp day in Chicagoland today ... so I am drinking tea. Would anyone like some with me, it is just your basic black tea. I'm drinking tea and counting my blessings :)

phesina
04-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Calm herbal tea? Is it canine safe? I think a wigglebutt could use some 'o dat!

Of course it is! One dogbowl-full coming right up!

Lady's Human
04-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Speaking of taxing, it's snowing and it's mid-April.

Orc, toss another log on the fire while I sit down and have a coffee.

Karen
04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Time to put the kettle on, for some tea, and some good pasta!

smokey the elder
04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Okay, this is getting out of control.

A couple of weeks ago $20K worth of nutella was stolen.

Last week 140,000 pounds of cheese was stolen (Muenster, as well)

This week $100,000 worth of hamburger patties was stolen, and yesterday a truckload of strawberries was stolen, but the heist was foiled by a zombie attack. (no, I'm I'm not making this up!)

1) Has anyone seen David and the Orc lately?

2) has anyone done in inventory of the L+F?

Whatever it is, someone has one hell of a case of the munchies!

Could there be some correlation to the fact that a certain herbal substance is now legal in some states?:D:p;)

Karen
04-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Having a hot cup of chai right now, thankful that friends who work in Boston, and people I know who have run the Marathon in the recent past are all accounted for, and safe tonight.

Moment of silence in the bar of all those who lost their lives , and all those caring for the critically injured, the traumatized, and all the "first responders," and just ordinary residents of the city, and visitors to it who are helping out in this sad time.

gini
04-15-2013, 11:57 PM
I brought in one of the metal small tables from the patio. We can use it as a little shrine and light some candles for everyone who has been injured or have lost their lives in Boston.

I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that someone or several would actually build bombs and ignite them to injure and kill people.

What have they accomplished - except make all of us so sad for the losses.

Happily my sis-in-law worked from home today because of the Marathon. So she was not in Boston as she normally would have been. I am grateful.

More tea please.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
What happened to spring? It's 44: cold, rainy and miserable today. Made even more miserable because of the 4 broken windows from our hail storm on the 7th, and the sadness of what happened in Boston and all our sick and RB babies. I'd love some hot chocolate with a shot of something 'bracing' in it. :love:

At least the new season of Deadliest Catch starts tonight. :love:

pomtzu
04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
At least the new season of Deadliest Catch starts tonight. :love:

Glad you reminded me - with all else going on - I had forgotten! :(

Well - I wonder what trouble Jake Harris will be in this year. I imaging Phil is looking down on him with much disapproval. Poor Phil will never get any rest..........:(

And Jake Anderson got married. :love: I like that cutie - he has so much drive and determination.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Glad you reminded me - with all else going on - I had forgotten! :(

Well - I wonder what trouble Jake Harris will be in this year. I imaging Phil is looking down on him with much disapproval. Poor Phil will never get any rest..........:(

And Jake Anderson got married. :love: I like that cutie - he has so much drive and determination.

There will be a show right before the new episode where the captains talk about the new season.
I caught a clip the other night where Josh Harris said the last time he saw Jake was right before they boats went out and Jake did not even know what day it was. Doesn't sound good for Jake. I'm glad Josh is doing well. He is back on the Time Bandit.

I like Jake Anderson too!!! That youngster has sure come along way with all he has had to deal with. :love:

pomtzu
04-16-2013, 05:06 PM
There will be a show right before the new episode where the captains talk about the new season.
I caught a clip the other night where Josh Harris said the last time he saw Jake was right before they boats went out and Jake did not even know what day it was. Doesn't sound good for Jake. I'm glad Josh is doing well. He is back on the Time Bandit.

I like Jake Anderson too!!! That youngster has sure come along way with all he has had to deal with. :love:

That show with the captains was on last week, and I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. Glad it will be back on tonight. Now if I can just stay awake to see it and the first episode............

That's a shame that Jake Harris has elected to throw his life away, but glad that Josh is continuing on. And what I find sad, is that Jake was always Phil's "favorite", in spite of all that he did. I always felt sorry for Josh who was so devoted to Phil, but Phil didn't see it.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
That show with the captains was on last week, and I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. Glad it will be back on tonight. Now if I can just stay awake to see it and the first episode............

That's a shame that Jake Harris has elected to throw his life away, but glad that Josh is continuing on. And what I find sad, is that Jake was always Phil's "favorite", in spite of all that he did. I always felt sorry for Josh who was so devoted to Phil, but Phil didn't see it.

I always felt the same way about Phil and Josh!!! Oh, there is a new show on after the new episode called the Ledgend of the Time Bandit. Just in case you are interested in it.

pomtzu
04-17-2013, 05:54 AM
I always felt the same way about Phil and Josh!!! Oh, there is a new show on after the new episode called the Ledgend of the Time Bandit. Just in case you are interested in it.

And guess who fell asleep - again! :mad: The last I remember was Sig and Edgar going at it - and then it was 1 a.m. I should have left the t.v. on since at 2 it would play that episode again, but I didn't. Of course I laid there wide awake till around 5. Hope they play it again before next week's episode.

Lady's Human
04-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Whatever you do, NO NOT toss another log on the fire....with stinkerella in here the bar might explode!

Queen of Poop
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Awwww, poor Angel.

Lady's Human
04-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Poor Angel? Poor nostrils!