PDA

View Full Version : Kitty folks ...

Karen
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Any vitamin or supplement questions you'd like me to ask the vet for you? That's the theme for tomorrow's radio show, and I know some of you don't visit "General" often!

3Catcondo
04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Sure, is it good to give kitties B12 and Lysine? Thank you Karen!

Amy

Karen
04-10-2013, 09:19 PM
You're welcome! Any others? I can take questions up until about 2 on Thursday, we start recording the show at 3!

kuhio98
04-10-2013, 10:56 PM
"Tripsy" was recommended to us for kidney health.
http://nhvnaturalpetproducts.com/products/tripsy-for-cat-kidney-disease

Ingredients: Stone Root – Acts as a tonic for the capillaries and prevents the formation of kidney calculi.

Echinacea Purpurea – Contains strong immune-stimulating properties.

Gravel Root – Restores and cleanses the genitourinary (reproductive and urinary) organs.

Hydrangea – A pain reliever that increases the flow of urine and eliminates swelling and fluid retention.

Marshmallow – An anti-inflammatory that controls bacterial infections and soothes and softens irritated tissues.

Oregon Grape – Helps relieve indigestion and malabsorption. Also has antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties.

Parsley Piert – Recognized for its ability to aid digestion in pets.

Karen
04-11-2013, 12:57 AM
So what is your question, kuhio?

"Tripsy" was recommended to us for kidney health.
http://nhvnaturalpetproducts.com/products/tripsy-for-cat-kidney-disease

Ingredients: Stone Root – Acts as a tonic for the capillaries and prevents the formation of kidney calculi.

Echinacea Purpurea – Contains strong immune-stimulating properties.

Gravel Root – Restores and cleanses the genitourinary (reproductive and urinary) organs.

Hydrangea – A pain reliever that increases the flow of urine and eliminates swelling and fluid retention.

Marshmallow – An anti-inflammatory that controls bacterial infections and soothes and softens irritated tissues.

Oregon Grape – Helps relieve indigestion and malabsorption. Also has antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties.

Parsley Piert – Recognized for its ability to aid digestion in pets.

Randi
04-11-2013, 04:34 AM
I asked my vet about giving Fister B-vitamins, and he said they wouldn't do it, since it could be dangerous.

catmandu
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Scrappy Two has the sniffles and is hard to catch so our Vet can see her. Whhat would be good to help her from wheezing?:)

katladyd
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Is any form of cranberries helpful for a kitty that has urinary tract problems occasionally?

Karen
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Is any form of cranberries helpful for a kitty that has urinary tract problems occasionally?

Whew, just got that one in before we start recording! If e have time I will ask that!

moosmom
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I have a question. I give Isis lysine gel twice a day for a herpes in her right eye. I also give my 15 year old cat Maya the same stuff for chronic kitty allergies. could you please ask the vet if this is worth doing??

Karen
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
I have a question. I give Isis lysine gel twice a day for a herpes in her right eye. I also give my 15 year old cat Maya the same stuff for chronic kitty allergies. could you please ask the vet if this is worth doing??

The vets said Yes, worth doing it for Isis, and no, it is not doing any good for Maya, so you can stop giving it to her!

Karen
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I asked my vet about giving Fister B-vitamins, and he said they wouldn't do it, since it could be dangerous.

Randi, the vets said today that your vets are absolutely wrong, there is not only no danger in giving B-vitams to cats, it actually can do them good!

Folks, I will email you the show segments when I get them, I promise! Katladyd, I am sorry, I didn't get a chance to ask about cranberry for kitty UTI! I will ask next time!

Karen
04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Sure, is it good to give kitties B12 and Lysine? Thank you Karen!

Amy

Absolutely, it can do no harm, and indeed do plenty of good for them!

kuhio98
04-11-2013, 06:50 PM
So what is your question, kuhio?

Karen ~ Sorry I didn't see this until too late. I would be interested in the audio files if/when they are available. Thank you.

Karen
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I'll send them along, I promise!