PDA

View Full Version : What is your dog's registered name?

*LabLoverKEB*
08-20-2001, 08:10 PM
I want to know what everyone's dogs' registerd names are, if your doggy is registered! I don't know what Sadie's registered name is going to be yet.... I'm having trouble thinking of one for her! But first, I have to figure out how to get her registered! So if you could please post your dogs' registered names, that would be great! Thank you!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-20-2001, 08:35 PM
Daisy's name is "Jackie's Miss Daisy"
and Perry's is "Dom Perignon of Green Acres"

zippy-kat
08-21-2001, 01:09 AM
Sassy Sara Leigh

Logan
08-21-2001, 07:40 AM
Helen's Sweet Honey :)
and
Given's Tiger Lilly :p

Pam
08-21-2001, 07:47 AM
Bella ~ "Willow Cedar's Bella Donna"

Stenograsaurus
08-21-2001, 08:41 AM
My Husky (Dakota) has AKC papers but I never registered him. I really didn't see the need to.
My Shepherd (Patience) was a stray.

My Rotty (Kilo) was AKC registered and his name was Kilometer of Playfulness.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-21-2001, 11:15 AM
None of my dogs are AKC, because three of them were racing dogs and the fourth was a stray.
Our greyhounds had race names through the National Greyhound Association. Paula was Lady Mae Paula, Buddy was Ron Ott, and Boo was Little Chic.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-21-2001, 11:28 AM
Thanks everybody! What do you think Sadie's registered name should be? I want her to be registered! But, I don't know how to register her with the American kennel Club!

kobieeli
08-21-2001, 12:07 PM
Eli the Aussie's registered name is Ivanhoe's Thrill A Minute.

Kobie's registered name is city dog tag #01-0280, 'cause she's an adopted mutt!

Seriously, though, I believe that you can only register with the AKC if both parents of your dog were AKC registered. Just being purebred isn't enough. If you got Sadie from a lab breeder, check to see if there are papers she could give you to fill out. Eli's breeder gave us all the registration stuff, including his pedigree several generations back.

If you can register her, choose something really unique and catchy! You can still just call her Sadie anyway, but her paper name will be cool.

ShepherdLover
08-21-2001, 12:11 PM
Iris's AKC registered name is "Iris Von Der Felzen Haus"

Since she has her CGC and CD then her name would look like "Iris Von Der Felzen Haus, CGC, CD"

Cute names!

tatsxxx11
08-21-2001, 12:25 PM
Star's is "Marcap's Miracle Star." Cody is simply Mom's Cody Girl!

Violet
08-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Roxy's is "Little Roxy Girl"
Rebel's is "Little Rebel Redneck II"

Corinna
08-21-2001, 08:07 PM
Merlins AKC name is Montanas Mystical Merlin

purrfectpaws
08-21-2001, 08:23 PM
LuLu has papers...somewhere in this house, but we never registered her.
We call her LuLu Jean....her nicknames are:
Luigi, LuLu donna deezer, Fatty Girl :D , Loody
and JoJo the tabby's real name is Casper Joseph and his nicknames are:
PoPo, Fro, Jo Li Oh (pronounced like that), JoPo !!!!
Isn't it weird how you come up with these names and they just somehow stick with them.

I would love to hear every one elses nicknames or was that already covered??

Carla

*LabLoverKEB*
08-21-2001, 11:25 PM
There are some very cute names here! Thanks everybody!!! :)

Rottie
08-22-2001, 10:52 AM
Carl's registered name is: Carl Ellis, CGC, CD

Daisy's Mom
08-22-2001, 12:04 PM
Daisy has papers too but we never bothered registering her. I just don't really care. Her middle name is Mae though, so she's my Daisy Mae :)

MHMama
08-22-2001, 07:32 PM
Ricky's registered name is RickyXXXVII which means there were a lot of Rickys before him but his business card says "Ricky Ricardo Puig" Have Nose Will Sniff
:)
His mother's name was Tri-Baby Lu and his father was Lupino Deer. If that isn't bad enough his grandparents were: Lupino, Deer De Lovely, Mickie the great, and Patty's Lulu. His great grandfather was Tommy Tuxedo (I love that one) ;)

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]

Angels3
08-23-2001, 05:59 AM
Our lovely golden Tibetan Spaniel, Angel, has the Registered Name of Myikyi Summer Sunshine.
Her sister who is a more sable colour is Myikyi Summer Shade.
And their brother, who has black tips on his sable coat, is Myikyi Summer Shadow.
'Myikyi' is a Tibetan word that the breeder chose to be her kennel name.
Friends also have one of her tibbies & he's Myikyi Sha Li. His call name is Charlie.

Dixieland Dancer
08-24-2001, 10:38 AM
My Goldens have registered names of

Glenbrook's Dixieland Dancer CDX, NA, CGC, TDI, WCX, JH. She came from Glenbrook's kennel, her mother's name was dancer and her name is Dixie.

Our little boy is Happytail's Clean Sweep. Our kennel name is Happytail's and his call name is Dusty.

Just a note that if you think you have a purebred dog and don't have papers to register them with the AKC you can send them a picture and they will give you an ILP number. That way you can show in sanctioned AKC events if you want such as obedience, agility, field, etc...