PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck.....Finally some progress

Queen of Poop
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
This Thursday afternoon I will be at my own bank, I'm going to see if they will give me a mortgage and help me get off of my EX's lines of credit at his bank. All legal avenues have been exhausted to not have to be his cosigner so now will see if my bank can help, or at least advise me of what to do now.

I know the Power of my Pet Talk Family so I'm hoping you all can keep me in your thoughts on Thursday and a good outcome can be had - finally.

Cali, Diego and I need to have our own home, no more renting, no more community living, it's just not for us.

Thanks all.

:love::love::love:

phesina
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Gayle and Cali and Diego, we are all thinking of you and sending along our prayers and good wishes that the bank will help and things start looking up for you.

God bless, and love :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

Catty1
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Prayers that the right thing is done and that you are freed of ANY connection with that person from now on!:love:

Queen of Poop
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you. I so hope I can get progress with my bank today. Kitties need a house!

pomtzu
04-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Good luck, Gayle. It's about time you had some good luck. You deserve a break!

cassiesmom
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Good luck and best wishes! I hope your afternoon goes very well!

Taz_Zoee
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Good thoughts coming your way!! I hope everything works out for you and Cali and Diego! :)

Queen of Poop
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Will have answers Tuesday.

Catty1
04-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Prayers going out! :love:

Alysser
04-05-2013, 09:33 AM
I hope they are the answers you want to hear!:)

Queen of Poop
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
No luck so now I go to war with HIS bank to get off as cosigner on his lines of credit. :mad::mad::mad:

phesina
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Bummer!

May this all be behind you some day, Gayle...

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Well it won't be today. Bank won't do a thing, so back to the lawyer.

Pinot's Mom
04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry, this is so awful. Prayers.

Queen of Poop
04-23-2013, 04:39 PM
He has listed one of the 2 properties for sale. If it should sell I will be relieved of one obligation and then he should be able to finance the second property by himself and relieve me of my obligation there so perhaps sometime soon I will be free and clear of all of his encumbrances and able to finally move on. :)

Catty1
04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Yay!

phesina
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
That's great, Gayle!

pomtzu
04-24-2013, 05:53 AM
He has listed one of the 2 properties for sale. If it should sell I will be relieved of one obligation and then he should be able to finance the second property by himself and relieve me of my obligation there so perhaps sometime soon I will be free and clear of all of his encumbrances and able to finally move on. :)

I'm puzzled! :confused::confused: You're divorced - right??? If that's the situation, didn't property division have to happen before the divorce was final? Here, community property has to be divided beforehand, and then you go on your merry way and start your new life clean and clear of the other party.

Queen of Poop
04-24-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm puzzled! :confused::confused: You're divorced - right??? If that's the situation, didn't property division have to happen before the divorce was final? Here, community property has to be divided beforehand, and then you go on your merry way and start your new life clean and clear of the other party.

Doesn't necessarily work that way here. Especially when dealing with a difficult person. There's many of us in a similar situation - unfortunately.

Catty1
04-24-2013, 09:12 AM
"difficult" is the understatement of the year. :rolleyes: Prayers this all works out, Gayle!:love:

pomtzu
04-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Doesn't necessarily work that way here. Especially when dealing with a difficult person. There's many of us in a similar situation - unfortunately.

Holy Crap!!! If it worked that way here, I'll bet a whole lot of people would think long and hard before getting married in the first place. I know that I would.

Hoping that the situation will be looking up for you soon. {{{Hugs}}}

Pinot's Mom
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Even though you're not married you have to stay entangled in real estate? Yuck! (that was the most politically correct thing I could think of)

Those are laws that need to change - big time!:eek:

Queen of Poop
04-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Even though you're not married you have to stay entangled in real estate? Yuck! (that was the most politically correct thing I could think of)

Those are laws that need to change - big time!:eek:

Not so much the laws as the bank's rules. The banks here don't care if you are divorced, who got what, nothing. They will hold you accountable until the other person refinances. If that person does not qualify then you're on the hook until they do.

I will NEVER share ownership of ANYTHING again during the remainder of my lifetime. The sooner this gets done the better for my health, sanity and peace of mind.

pomtzu
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Not so much the laws as the bank's rules. The banks here don't care if you are divorced, who got what, nothing. They will hold you accountable until the other person refinances. If that person does not qualify then you're on the hook until they do.

I will NEVER share ownership of ANYTHING again during the remainder of my lifetime. The sooner this gets done the better for my health, sanity and peace of mind.

That sucks, but the point that Maggie and I are trying to make, is that the division of property needs to be done before the divorce is finalized, so that only ONE of the parties owns the property. It kind of defeats the purpose of the divorce, if for example, a house is still in both names, even tho you are legally divorced. It should either have to be sold outright and the proceeds divided, or one party buys out the other. The way it is now - you're divorced, but still carrying around his baggage. There is something definitely NOT RIGHT about that picture.

Queen of Poop
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Further - the house is not in both names, just his. I am only tied to the lines of credit (by the bank) used to procure the properties.

pomtzu
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Further - the house is not in both names, just his. I am only tied to the lines of credit (by the bank) used to procure the properties.

Geeze - so if his credit sucks, then so does yours, even tho there is no longer anything legal holding you together? And even if his credit is good, but he is over-extended, then that keeps you from getting credit in your name only? Sorry - I'm not prying - just trying to understand how things work there. :(

caseysmom
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
You may want to talk to a bureau of credit or something similar they can try something like this but it is possible it is not leagal or appropriate in this situation.

Queen of Poop
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
I have the good credit that's why the bank is holding on to me for dear life. This is also why I have to rent as he has my credit tied up so I cannot buy a home. This is why I'm so frustrated. But if the one property sells he should be able to refinance the other by himself and I will be free.

Moesha
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
But do you think he would he use the money to refinance the other place or would he do something else with it just to keep you in the mess of a situation?

Queen of Poop
04-24-2013, 06:47 PM
But do you think he would he use the money to refinance the other place or would he do something else with it just to keep you in the mess of a situation?

I've alerted the bank to the sale listing. That should solve that issue. I hope.

caseysmom
04-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Well what I am saying is the banks holding you to the property may not be legitimate, there must be a place that overseas what banks do.

Cataholic
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
This happens in the states, too, when the attorneys don't finish the job. Part of the divorce decree should have read that each party would refinance or sell out right all property that is jointly held or secured by a line of credit, relieving the other party of the obligation. :/