PDA

View Full Version : Jax went outside.

Taz_Zoee
03-24-2013, 08:02 PM
It was such a beautiful day today and we were sitting outside with the dogs. Jax was at the door and was looking pathetic and wanting to come out. So I went in and got out his harness and leash (we've never used it outside before). Oops, he's put on some weight since I got the harness. So I just attached the leash to his collar. I picked him up and took him out. I thought that might help him not become a door-darter if I carry him outside instead of letting him cross the threshold. Of course he only walked about 5 feet from the door right up next to the house and proceeded to eat grass. I let him do this for a few minutes then took him back inside. We will do it again another day. But if he starts wanting to run out the door when its open (even though he almost does anyway) then his trips outside will have to stop.
Next time I will bring the camera and get some pictures too. :)

Karen
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a good first foray for spring! Good luck on continued progress!

happylabs
03-25-2013, 01:19 AM
I think it will work. It worked for me with Buddy. He sounds exactly like Bud. He walks a couple feet and drops to the ground to eat grass. :)

catmandu
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Ebony Beau Tubster Two wants out all the time, he actually drums on the door until I let him out.:eek:
He just loves beng in his neighborhood, I just wish I could tell him what happened to his Dad:(

phesina
03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
What a nice little outing! Good that you're keeping him on the leash, too.

Happy trails, Jax!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks! :D
I think I'll take his measurements and see about getting him a harness that fits. I'd feel better if he was in a harness instead of just the leash on a breakaway collar.
It's supposed to rain this week, so hopefully the sun will come back out so he can go out again. :)