PDA

View Full Version : Loose Dog

Uabassoon
12-07-2002, 01:35 AM
I was driving home tonight and I saw a dog in the middle of the road. It was a little after midnight and the dog was totally black just running in the middle of Speedway our main road. I pulled over to try to get the dog to come to me so I could read his tags and try to contact the owner but he wouldn't come anywhere near me. The bars would be closing soon so there would be lots of drunk drivers on the road and he is so hard to see on the streets because he's all black. Another car pulled over too and we all tried so hard to get him to come to us but he wouldn't. Eventually we lost him, but at least he wasn't on the main road anymore. I hope he's ok and he was able to find his way home and that he doesn't go back to our main road again. I just feel so sad, I know that I did everything I could to try to help him. He looked like such a sweet dog. I hope he's ok.

aly
12-07-2002, 07:22 AM
:( That happens to me a lot where I can't catch the dog. Then my mind always gets haunted with images of the poor dog and I'm so sad for a long time. You're right, you did everything you could. Hopefully the poor baby will get saved somehow...

primabella
12-07-2002, 08:40 AM
you did do all you could. i hope the dog is alright :(

Tina
12-07-2002, 09:49 AM
I really hope that the dog will be ok too. I've seen couple dogs out on the road too and tried to help. But they always seem to run the other way:(

Lillycat
12-07-2002, 02:17 PM
prayers going out from cincinnati ohio, that all loose pets find their way home safely!!!!!!!

wolf_Q
12-08-2002, 12:59 AM
I was at an intersection today (stop signs, not a light) and there was a car with 2 dogs just SPEEDING after it! It was scaring me to death! I don't think me stopping could have helped.....those dogs were long gone running as fast as they could! I watched them head down the other street, and they veered off to the side of the road...I'm hoping they stayed there!! :(