PDA

View Full Version : Natura Pet Food Recall (Innova, Healthwise, California Natural, EVO)

snakemama
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't been around in awhile, but I wanted to pop in and post about Natura's recall due to possible salmonella contamination, in case people didn't know. Both dog and cat food is being recalled, and no illnesses have been reported, but Natura found Salmonella in some food and decided to err on the side of safety.

Here's a list of affected foods:
http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recall/Natura%20-%20Affected%20Products.pdf

chocolatepuppy
03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Don't use these brands, but thanks for posting this. When will these recalls ever end?

Varga
03-23-2013, 05:40 AM
What are lot numbers? I do feed Evo "Red Meat Formula" which is on that list but I have no idea what lot numbers are and what that means :confused:

Thanks a lot for posting this!

chocolatepuppy
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
What are lot numbers? I do feed Evo "Red Meat Formula" which is on that list but I have no idea what lot numbers are and what that means :confused:

Thanks a lot for posting this!

The lot numbers are listed on the link snakemama posted.

snakemama
03-23-2013, 12:13 PM
The lot number is listed directly beneath the date on the bag. If your bag's expiration date falls within the dates that were pulled, check the lot number to see if it matches any on the list. I dunno how other retailers work, but my store is happy to take back any bag anyone is concerned about, whether it is on the list or not.

This was a pretty small thing, all in all. My store had 16 bags out of hundreds we keep on the shelf.

Varga
03-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Great, thanks! I did find the expiration date and lot number (after quite a while of searching, hehe) and it didn't match so I guess we're clear :)
Even though a recall is always a bit upsetting, I'm still glad that Natura Pet Food decided to do so voluntarily.