PDA

View Full Version : 7 St. Patrick's Day Myths, Symbols and Facts Explained (gallery)

Catty1
03-17-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.babble.com/mom/7-st-patricks-day-myths-symbols-and-facts-explained/?cmp=ELP|bbl|lp|YahooShine|Main||031213||7StPatric ksDayMythsSymbolsandFactsExplained|famE|||

Karen
03-18-2013, 12:22 AM
It's an odd slide show, I expected a lot more information, especially as to whether or not several of them were myths or not ...

moosmom
03-18-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't know about you but I wasn't able to click into the link. The one question I have is...

Do the guys wear underwear under their kilts? When I was in the State Police Auxiliary, our CO was a drum major in a bagpipe unit. I asked him a few times if he had gotchies under his kilt. He just smiled and said, "Wouldn't you like to know."

Inquiring minds like mine DO wanto to know!! Anyone care to elaborate?

Karen
03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't know about you but I wasn't able to click into the link. The one question I have is...

Do the guys wear underwear under their kilts? When I was in the State Police Auxiliary, our CO was a drum major in a bagpipe unit. I asked him a few times if he had gotchies under his kilt. He just smiled and said, "Wouldn't you like to know."

Inquiring minds like mine DO wanto to know!! Anyone care to elaborate?

Yes, they generally do, remember, those things are made of wool!

Also:

Myth: A true Scotsman ALWAYS wears his Kilt without underwear!

Truth: The simple fact is that when Kilts were the everyday attire of Highland Scots, there was no underwear. Women didn’t wear anything under their dresses except the usual underskirt. Many proud and genuine Scotsmen wear underwear because they know that if they are dancing, they may inadvertently show something off which they didn’t mean to! There is nothing wrong with wearing underwear under your Kilt, and if you are going to be in public it’s usually recommended.

Take it from someone born and raised in Scotland, if you’re Man enough to wear a Kilt, you’re Gentleman enough to think about the Women and Children around you!

smokey the elder
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
What's worn under a Scotsman's kilt? Nothing; everything is in perfect working order!

moosmom
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Gee, thanks for the update!!!:p:p I would think they'd catch a pretty good breeze going up them kilts.:p