PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 524 - we miss Richard

gini
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Well I sure hope Richard's mission is being accomplished. Did we give him permission to leave?
I don't recall giving it. Oh well, once in a while I guess it is alright.

So, let's lift our glasses in a toast to the best bartender a pet site could ask for................:D:D

Karen
03-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Hmm, his last know reading was toward Roswell, NM .... (cue Twilight Zone music ....)

Queen of Poop
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
To Richard, you da best!

phesina
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
A toast to our beloved bartender, Richard!!!

pomtzu
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh no!!! Roswell (aliens) and Richard - that's pretty darned scary. Thank goodness Orc isn't with him - or is he?? I haven't seen or heard from him in a while! :eek: Let's hope our favorite barkeep makes it back safely.

Richard - be careful out there................

Lady's Human
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Roswell.....the L+F..........sudden disappearance of a bartender......it all comes together.

He's been on the road, I was going to keep the bar going for him, but with all teh events of the last week I just couldn't.

There are happier times ahead.

RICHARD
03-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Hey guys...

Just a quick one to say I am on my way back home and will be 'tending' tomorrow in the P.M.

I can't sit down.

While i was in Roswell I had this dream.....and when I woke up I was in the backyard and my rear hurt.

Something about the Greys and Greens?

Lady's Human
03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Anyone for some corned beef, Cabbage and green beer?

(I'm just having the boiled dinner, the green beer is optional! :p)

Karen
03-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Would love some here at Thursdays, with everything cooked together, corned beef, carrot, cabbage, potatoes and all. I can't in real life, as cabbage is on my body's list of "do not consume" items, but I remember what it's like, and would have some right now!

No green beer for me, but will have some tea, as good Irishfolk do!

Lady's Human
03-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay, no fair!!!!

LOH took away my cheesy poofs!!!!!

phesina
03-17-2013, 02:34 PM
I'll have some mashed potatoes and some cabbage, please!!!

(I'm really boring.. I don't eat meat and I don't drink alcohol :rolleyes:.)

pomtzu
03-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Count me in on the corned beef, cabbage and potatoes :) - but hold the carrots and green beer. :eek: This is the first time in years that I haven't cooked the traditional dinner...........it's a long story as to why. :( Now I'm really hungry for it.

LH - do you add any spices to the water when you cook it? I like to toss in a little brown sugar - if the meat is a little salty it seems to take the saltiness out, and it adds delicious flavoring to the veggies too - especially the cabbage!

Lady's Human
03-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Really all I ever add is a couple of peppercorns, other than that, the onions and carrots do a nice job of flavoring everything.

Lady's Human
03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll have some mashed potatoes and some cabbage, please!!!

(I'm really boring.. I don't eat meat and I don't drink alcohol :rolleyes:.)

Who ever said you had to drink and/or eat meat to have fun at a bar?

Pinot's Mom
03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Anyone for some corned beef, Cabbage and green beer?

(I'm just having the boiled dinner, the green beer is optional! :p)

We're having most of the boiled dinner, but instead of Corned Beef it's boneless ribs on the grill - store was OUT OF CORNED BEEF!! How dare they not plan for procrastinators (and those just home from vacation)?? I can't have green beer due to the painkillers. I'll bring some to the bar to share - dinner, not the painkillers. ;)

Happy St. Patty's Day, y'all!! :)

RICHARD
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone.

I am back............It's great to be back.

I took a little trip to take care of some unfinished business re: my parent's estate. Details later on.

Let me serve up some leftovers and coffee - or a fruit bowl.. Taters, bacon, ham and toast.

Done!