PDA

View Full Version : Researchers Appear On Verge Of Eliminating Cat Allergies

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2013, 01:32 AM
I saw this link on my veterinary hospitals page on facebook. This sure would be wonderful.:) Here's the link: http://www.aahanet.org/blog/NewStat/post/2013/03/05/665573/Promising-study-for-those-with-cat-allergies.aspx.

carole
03-15-2013, 05:50 AM
sounds promising, however i am allergic to cats and as many know i have had four at one time, two now, i still get slight problems ,but nothing like i was before i have managed to desensitize myself by simply putting myself amongst all the cat fur, the cats, they sleep with me,not in the bed but at the foot, their choice, and my own vet is allergic to cats, and deals with that on a daily basis and loves cats, so i am thinking maybe this is not all that necessary, and would there be side effects from the injections, some they might not even know about yet, still it does sound hopeful.

catmandu
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
That would be a godsend for those who want a Cat without the wheezing and sneezing!!!:love:

smokey the elder
03-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't think this is intended for people for mild allergies. But for people who have asthma or the like this could be a great solution. It's like any other medical procedure or drug: YMMV (your mileage may vary!):D