PDA

View Full Version : I'm fostering two kitties!

phesina
03-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Here's Kitty -

...and here's Kellie! -

pomtzu
03-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Awww - what pretty Tuxies. :love:

Karen
03-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Awww, welcome tuxes!

catmandu
03-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Scrappy Two the Beloved of Sydney Angel is pleased that you chose two Cats to foster who look so much like Sydney and Her.
They are just Terrific Tuxedos and Mister Scrappy Angel is so pleased as well as Big Scapster.
God bless you for taking those New Cats in, and we secretly hope that you fail at fostering as they would have such a hard time finding a home as good as yours Aunt Patricia:love::love::love:
They are both so handsome!!!:love::love:

carole
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
AWW Pat they are gorgeous, going to be hard to part with, enjoy looking after them.:love::)

Grace
03-10-2013, 03:52 PM
And what does the rest of your brood think of the visitors :)

Are you fostering through the Humane Society?

They are beautiful - and I'd want to keep them :)

phesina
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm fostering them for a woman named Adrienne in California, near L.A., who originally rescued Kitty and adopted her out to these people.

The adopters moved to Michigan, northwest Detroit suburban area, at some point. They acquired Kellie some time later, I don't know if in CA or MI.

Someone in the household or who joined it turned out to be allergic. Both the girls were unloaded onto the Michigan Humane Society, Rochester Hills branch, in February.

Kitty has a microchip, which the MHS checked and got in touch with Adrienne in CA. She wanted to get both girls back. How to get them from Michigan? She told her friend Debbie Martin, who is also in the L.A. area and who, as a tireless advocate for cats with Cerebellar Hypoplasia and other disabilities, has a vast mailing list of people all over the country if not farther. Debbie sent out a mail to her Michigan contacts, including me, asking for help.

I offered to get them if I could and then foster them until transport to CA could be arranged. A woman named Kim who has a 501C3 rescue in the Grand Rapids area also offered her help, for her organization, Murphy's Pet Project, to pull them from the MHS shelter. She spent a few days getting the paperwork in place for me to be able to pull them on behalf of Murphy's.

That came through on Thursday, and on Friday I drove to Rochester Hills and got them.

Now transport options are being checked out, and also the possibility that they could be adopted around here. Kim can publicize them through her site, but it's about a 2-hour drive between Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor.

We will see what works out.. meanwhile, here they are! They were being treated for suspected Upper Respiratory infections at the MHS (one of them was heard sneezing). I gave them their last dose of medication (Doxycycline) today. So far, because of that, I've kept them separate from my own cats.. Kitty and Kellie are in the living room, and mine are in the bedroom. If I don't hear any more sneezing over the next day or two, I'll introduce them to each other.

Kitty and Kellie are both VERY sweet, laid-back and easygoing. They are both overweight (I think the previous owners probably free-fed them junk food). They also have overly-thick fur and dandruff, and Kitty has severe dental disease, which will be treated soon.

It touches me very much how much like each other they look and how much like my Sydney, RB, they look!

That's the story, so far!...

Queen of Poop
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Thank you for helping these beautiful kitties!

phesina
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
You're welcome, Gayle!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Good for you Pat! Fostering is good for your heart:love:, LOL!

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm glad that you're able to foster them and give them the care that they need.:) I hope that everything goes well. Good luck.:)

phesina
03-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Thank you, everyone!

Pat and Kitty and Kellie :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM
How nice of you to help them out! Good luck!:)

moosmom
03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Awwwwww. They're BEAUTIFUL, Pat. Fostering????;););) Yeah, right, okaaaaaay.;)

Sindy
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Here's Kitty -

...and here's Kellie! -

They are beautiful! I fostered two Bengal cats last September. They found a new mama just before Christmas. I miss them so much. :love:

Randi
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Pat, they're gorgeous, and I'm glad you're helping them. :) I am thinking of fostering, myself. We'll see!

phesina
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Thank you, everyone! They are doing just fine and are SOOOOO sweet!

I'm so glad Adrienne found out where they were and I was able to get them and bring them home. They would not have been long for this world at the Michigan Humane Society.!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
03-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Awww, what beautiful tuxie ladies they are! Hi, Kitty and Kellie! I am sending you tons of lovies and hugs!