PDA

View Full Version : Think you've seen it all???

pomtzu
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
You probably haven't seen this. Personally - I think it's gross!!!! Oh - it's pretty enough - but not pretty to me once I saw what it was made from! :eek: What next????? :rolleyes:

www.littlecordart.com

Alysser
03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I thought this was a joke, I'm sorry to me that really is disgusting and odd. :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Yuck!!!:eek:

Karen
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I have heard of cord blood being saved for medical purposes, but this, well, no thanks!

moosmom
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Hey, if they can make diamonds out of a loved one's cremains, WHY NOT????

Cataholic
03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

pomtzu
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
And the creator of this wonderful :rolleyes: new form of art is none other than.................a doctor and his wife. :eek: - and one with very poor taste, it seems! :p

moosmom
03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
It IS kinda tacky but...TO EACH HIS OWN, I guess.

sparks19
03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't know. I don't see the big deal. Maybe I read it wrong but it's just a picture of the cord under a microscope with dye added right? I mean it's not like they are just putting the actual cord pieces up on the wall. IF I were to do such a thing I probably wouldn't advertise what it was unless someone REALLY wanted to know... it would just be something special for me and a nice looking picture to everyone else.

pomtzu
03-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't know. I don't see the big deal. Maybe I read it wrong but it's just a picture of the cord under a microscope with dye added right? I mean it's not like they are just putting the actual cord pieces up on the wall. IF I were to do such a thing I probably wouldn't advertise what it was unless someone REALLY wanted to know... it would just be something special for me and a nice looking picture to everyone else.

Maybe that's where the market lies, but it is what it is. I guess they could do the same with dog poop, but would I want that either??? Nope - not me! :D

Steve Arnold
03-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I confess I liked the art until I saw what it was ... interesting concept ... creepy and interesting and disturbing ...

Asiel
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
A bit much for me. I had no clue what it was, looked like someone trying to sell some kind of deco art or something. Until I read what it was--- turned my insides to mush,,yuck.

Alysser
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I have walked into some art museums and you know, you try to be all open, but then there are just some things that make you go "COME ON!?!? WHAT!?". I kid you not, I have walked into the MET in NYC only to pay and walk into a room filled with canvases with literally a pencil mark on it, LITERALLY A PENCIL MARK. WHY does that need to be in an art museum, like get real. I mean it seems if you are "artsy" enough, or have a big enough name you can almost get away with anything. One of the most disturbing things I've walked into is a room filled with paintings of little Amish girls hanging from nooses.:confused::eek: I walked in and my brother was walking out and he just goes "don't go in there...".

I try to be open to "Art" but sometimes I just can't.

This to me, is on the same creepy level as having your dead pet stuffed :eek:

Misty_Pearl
03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
I like it.... It's one way to have an extra memory of the unique connection a mother has to her child. Plus nothing and noone is hurt in the making of this type of art. Of course, I've always been a little weird.... :rolleyes:

Another thing I think is along the same lines, but I actually like it better...
http://www.perpetua.us/

pomtzu
03-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Another thing I think is along the same lines, but I actually like it better...
http://www.perpetua.us/

I don't see anything wrong with this. Actually, I find it rather interesting, and something I would consider. I just think the cord art is rather gross and in poor taste, even tho I am very much a liberal thinker.

Karen
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but another old chestnut applies from showman P.T. Barnum, too*. Who is to say these images are anything provable as being from your particular baby's cord, that they didn't just take a few, make random slices and photograph them under a high-poered microscope, and have them all set to go when someone wants one?

"Art" is always subjective, science is factual, but in between lies a lot of the world.

*Probably his most famous quite, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Medusa
03-12-2013, 05:34 PM
After watching the show "Oddities", which I love, nothing surprises me when it comes to art. One artist showed his paintings made w/his blood. I doubt that I'd buy it but as you said, it is what it is.