PDA

View Full Version : Old email accounts, particularly Yahoo

Karen
03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Do any of you have old email accounts you no longer use? Lately I have been getting a ton of email from Yahoo accounts, all with what look like real people's names, but it is just spam. If you have an old account you no longer use, do you delete it, or just ignore it? Just curious, if you have any accounts lying dormant, you might want to check them, and change the password or delete the account, so spammers don;t use it!

My caveat is I know that more people have my email address somewhere in their system than most, after all, anyone who has ever nominated a pet over the last 15 has sent me email! That is likely why I get "Linked-In" requests from people whose names I do not recognize, as I know you can opt to have it invite anyone in your system ...

Taz_Zoee
03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I do have old emails I do not use anymore. Only problem is I do not remember the password OR I can't even remember the correct (exact) email address!!! :o
But I believe I've only had my current email and my previous (which is no longer active) email here on PT.

moosmom
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I have two email accounts. My Yahoo account is where all my junk goes. My Comcast account is my account I use all the time. I've wanted to change my email account here from Yahoo to Comcast but I'm afriad I won't be able to sign back onto PT. It happened once before.

Catty1
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I am getting spam from Yahoo accounts as well as a couple that Yahoo took over - ymail and rocketmail.

I'm surprised Yahoo has said nothing about this!

Karen
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I have two email accounts. My Yahoo account is where all my junk goes. My Comcast account is my account I use all the time. I've wanted to change my email account here from Yahoo to Comcast but I'm afriad I won't be able to sign back onto PT. It happened once before.

Donna, do you want me to try changing it for you?

Scooter's Mom
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I have ... I guess I have... an old yahoo account.
It was my moms. She's been gone since December 2001. I can't bear to delete it. I log in every month or so and get rid of the spam and re-read some of the happy emails and smile a little.

I changed the password fairly recently so I think it's good. :)

pomtzu
03-06-2013, 05:25 AM
I have a couple of old accounts, but I'll be darned if I remember what they are - let alone a password! :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
My Yahoo email got compromised so I changed my password. Sorry about any spam that might have resulted. They actually texted me an alert.