PDA

View Full Version : in the path

david p
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Well, after dodging two bullets (the last two snowstorms), the Pittsburgh area is in the path of the newest, I think it's name is Saturn. It's predicted we could get maybe 6" or more tuesday night into wednesday. It will start out as rain then turn to snow. Boy, I'm SO glad I'm out of the snow shoveling business!!

pomtzu
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Same here Wednesday ~~~ 4" - 8". Why couldn't it snow when I wanted it to? :rolleyes: I don't want it now, and I'm ready for Spring to get here. Time changes this weekend - woo-hoo!!! :D

Karen
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
They have been changing their mind seemingly every ten minutes as to what the storm will bring to who as it heads east - whether we'll get snow, or rain, or how much is different every place one turns! I still have snowbanks in the front from previous storms, although the back yard is about 50/50 snow and clear ground! We had snow last night that didn't accumulate, as we did on Sunday ... air snow. We'll see what happens with this storm!

cassiesmom
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
The forecast for Chicago area is 6 to 10 inches starting between 4 and 6 AM. I thought last week's snow might be the end; I was wrong. I noticed the days are getting longer, though - it's staying light out past 5:30 :)

smokey the elder
03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
What's buggering up the forecast for the East is the large low over the Canadian Maritimes which cannot seem to make up its mind whether or not to vamoose.

moosmom
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, they're expecting 2-4 inches total. That usually means that the higher elevations get the snow, we get MAYBE a dusting and some rain. Doesn't matter to me, I'm stuck home recuperating from shoulder surgery and not going anywhere.

Pinot's Mom
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Our forecast has drastically changed in MD. I wasn't sure we were even going to notice - now they're talking all kinds of different totals - 6" - 16". Who knows? I still have dinner plans tomorrow night with a girlfriend and I refuse to cancel until I have proof! ;)

pomtzu
03-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Our forecast has drastically changed in MD. I wasn't sure we were even going to notice - now they're talking all kinds of different totals - 6" - 16". Who knows? I still have dinner plans tomorrow night with a girlfriend and I refuse to cancel until I have proof! ;)

It's raining here, but I saw on the news just a few minutes ago where it's snowing it's a$$ off in Towson! We won't get any snow unless it turns colder later, which looks kinda iffy right now,

david p
03-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Here in Butler, we have about 5" of wet gloppy snow everywhere. The driving is terrible at best, but outside there's a winter wonderland. It's at times like this that I'm glad I don't have to drive in this mess!

chocolatepuppy
03-06-2013, 08:36 AM
We were supposed to have snow all night here in NE Ohio. I woke up to flurries.
I was so looking forward to a bit more snow before spring.

Karen
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
So far, the roads are only wet, it's been snowing all day, but only have maybe an inch, tops. We'll see if we get more overnight ... But so far, no big deal.

pomtzu
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
We got nothing but rain yesterday - not even a single snowflake! However, the wind was wicked - 60 mph wind gusts and lots of small dead limbs blown off the trees again. It has been a never ending job since last October, gathering all the downed branches. We're going to have one heck of a bonfire if it ever dries out enough. :D

Karen
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Snowed all night and is still snowing, and finally it started accumulating - we now have maybe 6-8 inches pout there (hard to tell) and it is still falling! Glad we're seeing some actually snow after the last couple storms that were so lackluster!