PDA

View Full Version : Felicia's trip to the vet

Glacier
12-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Felicia went in for her second shot and a microchip yesterday. She was a hit at the clinic. One of the techs took her as soon as I walked in the door!! The vet said her legs look much better than when he saw her at the clinic. We are going to put some very light support on one front leg--just to help her little muscles grow stronger. It seems to be straightening on it's own. Unfortunately, the other leg is partially fused at the "elbow" joint. There doesn't seem to be much that can be done for that.:(
But maybe when she is bigger! We'll do some xrays soon and find out just what is happening in the joint.

She was a very brave girl! Never made a sound even for the big chip needle. Her malamute brother who outweighs her by 96 pounds howled like he was being beat when he got his chip. (they went to the clinic together--my littlest love, and my biggest!)

koxka
12-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi Glaciier , thank you for the update.
Glad she is doing better than expected.
Hopfully they could find how to heal her fuzzy elbow.
Please, keep us updated when the x-rays will be done.!

Felicia is a fighter
+
Glacier has a golden heart
=
Long Happy Life to Sweet Kitty

12-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Felicia , our bravest PT-girl !!
Congrats sweetie ! I hope your legs will grow fine !!http://www.hallospass.de/gif/waltdisnay/disney012.gif

smokey the elder
12-07-2002, 08:21 AM
If Felicia can learn to even stumble around and use the litter pan that's good mobility. I hope she can get better mobility. Even though it's not the same condition as my Diva has (CH), the effects are probably similar! Diva looks like a drunken cat all the time.:eek:

Glacier
12-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
If Felicia can learn to even stumble around and use the litter pan that's good mobility. I hope she can get better mobility. Even though it's not the same condition as my Diva has (CH), the effects are probably similar! Diva looks like a drunken cat all the time.:eek:

She actually gets around pretty good. She runs like a frog! Looks like she's hopping on lily pads ;) It's very funny. She's getting better with the litter box. She can't get into the bigger ones, so I bought her a ferret litter box and she can get in there with no problems. She has a few accidents, but I think that's more being kitten! The accidents usually happen when she is far away from her box or when she is up high (on the bed) and can't get down! She can't jump at all. She sits up like a gopher to look around!