PDA

View Full Version : Middle Earth Thursday 522!

RICHARD
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I thought a "Middle Earth" Thursday is apropo!

Middle Earth was the place that JRR Tolkien wrote about in a bunch of books from the Hobbit to the Return of the King.

An Orc was one of the baddies-they were the soldiers of Sauron. We converted one - along with a remote control to make sure he didn't get out of control - to do all the dirty work here in the bar

I just want the ORC to get some lovin' this week!

It's meatloaf weather......green beans and corn too!

I am going to make some Oatmeal Cookies for dessert!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I loved the Tolkien books long before the movies. ;) All for a Middle Earth theme!

Orc - you're always loved even if you do some - um - interesting stunts. :)

Barkeep, they should be Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for our ORC! :love:

Queen of Poop
02-28-2013, 08:31 PM
I need a drink please barkeep, I think a tall gin and tonic with lime might do it, please and thanks.

Difficult news about my dad.

phesina
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh, I am so looking forward to meeting this nice Orc!

Karen
03-01-2013, 11:05 AM
A nice fire in the hearth, and a hot cup of tea - the comforts of the Shire today!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Can I have a meatloaf sandwich???? and a nice cup of hot tea? :love:

Karen
03-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Absolutely, I'll put the kettle on with enough hot water for all patrons who want some! Chai, regular black tea, orange spice - all available!

Pinot's Mom
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Cocktail, please, long day (but a good one). Went from work to the hospital to be with a friend on a long road. He's doing very well, considering, so pleased with the progress.

How about some Hawaiian Pizza? It's in the oven...

momoffuzzyfaces
03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Pizza sounds good!!! Count me in!!!

Note: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME STARTS NEXT SUNDAY THE 10TH. :love:
see spring is coming!!!

RICHARD
03-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone.....i am a little busy at the moment and popped in to say HI and I'll be back later on....
I might be self serve for a awhile?

Thanks!

Lady's Human
03-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone.....i am a little busy at the moment and popped in to say HI and I'll be back later on....
I might be self serve for a awhile?

Thanks!

Well, if it's going to be self serve for a while, Orc and I should go down to the cellar and make sure the bar is stocked.

I'm taking Lady and Patch with me for self defense.....

Karen
03-05-2013, 04:19 PM
The whole place smells like banana bread at the moment! Two loaves* out of the oven and cooling. They are made with toasted pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts for crunch, anyone want some? With a nice cup of tea?

(*My good loaf pan is somewhere packed in a box likely in the storage space, so I had to make do with the supermarket aluminum foil-type loaf pans, which are much smaller, so two loaves instead of one! )

pomtzu
03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
The whole place smells like banana bread at the moment! Two loaves* out of the oven and cooling. They are made with toasted pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts for crunch, anyone want some? With a nice cup of tea?

(*My good loaf pan is somewhere packed in a box likely in the storage space, so I had to make do with the supermarket aluminum foil-type loaf pans, which are much smaller, so two loaves instead of one! )

Banana bread sounds yummy to me, I love it. I was going to make pumpkin bread today but got sidetracted, so it's on the agenda for tomorrow. The recipe I use makes 2 loaves, so one will go in the freezer, or I can trade a pumpkin for a banana! :D I'll pass on the tea and brew up some Kahlua coffee if anyone would care for some.

Lady's Human
03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Okay, who's the joker who left the door open between the cellar and the L+F?

Lady might need a few extra scritches, SOMETHING down there drank all the beer!

smokey the elder
03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Mmm...banana bread.

Karen
03-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Smokey, I just cut into one of the loaves of banana bread, want some? That and a cup of hot tea seem particularly appropriate as we wait and see which forecast (all rain and high winds, or 8-10 inches of wet, heavy snow) or balance we end up getting tonight into tomorrow!

smokey the elder
03-07-2013, 09:41 AM
That sounds great! It's snowing here but not sticking. It's really rather pretty.