PDA

View Full Version : Larry's Sister Passed Away

fritz03
02-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Larry's sister Lorraine Flintoff passed away this morning from Lung Cancer ,she was 61.She was rushed to the hospital Monday,heart stopped twice,family was there Monday and yesterday.She was diagnosed in August,she smoked,she knew that,didn't quit soon,her Mom passed away from the same thing in 2000.I will pass along funeral arrangements when I hear about it.

carole
02-27-2013, 01:45 PM
so very sad to hear this news, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.:love:

fritz03
03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Visitation for Lorraine is today at Northcutt Elliott Funeral Home in Bowmanville from 1-4p.m. and tomorrow 12-1p.m. and the service right after that at the funeral home,then to the cemetery for internment and to Trinity for lunch.Obituary is at www.northcuttelliott.com

phesina
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I am so sorry. Deepest sympathy to her family and all who love her.

sasvermont
03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Larry's sister. 61 is very young to die. My older brother died from lung cancer at age 60. He smoked but had stopped over 25 years before. Smoking is bad for you. Anyway, passing away is never a good thing, but it will happen to all of us someday. I hope the family gets beyond the pain soon.

CountryWolf07
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
So sorry to hear. My grandfather passed away almost two months ago from a aggressive form of lung cancer, same thing his brother had. They both were very heavy smokers - smoked for what, 50 years! My grandpa quit in 99', did fine, did what he loved, play golf, etc. then last year he started to notice he couldn't breathe well and wouldn't go to the doctor, and two months ago, he was diagnosed lung cancer and survived for about 2 weeks after that. Smoking is awful, period.