PDA

View Full Version : To Karen or Paul ~ Why?

ramanth
12-06-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey! Me in all of my curiosity was wondering why you decided to do a site like this?

I'm not complaining at all! Just curious where the site and message board got its roots. :D

I love this site and it's members. The information here is invaluable.

Thanks Bunches Karen and Paul. :)

luckies4me
12-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Yes thank you both, this site is absolutely the best forum ever!:D

moosmom
12-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Amen to that!! Karen and Paul you have hooked alot of people up who didn't know each other before and have developed strong bonds. It's friendships like that that last a lifetime. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Karen
12-06-2002, 06:01 PM
We originally just had the Pet of the Day site, then a year later branched off to do Dog of the Day and Cat of the Day. Paul has had experience running message boards before, and I using them, and people would email us to comment on the day's pets, so a Pet Talk board seemed the natural next step!

We're glad you like it!

Lillycat
12-06-2002, 06:02 PM
it would be great to know how this site came about? we all love it so!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-06-2002, 07:03 PM
YES, THANKS A LOT!!! I've made some wonderful friends that I would never have known if it wasn't for you and this site!!! This will always be HOME!:D

COCatMama
12-06-2002, 07:11 PM
The question should be.... WHY NOT!! :D :D :D

Aspen and Misty
12-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Thanx Karen and Paul! I love this board. I can't beleave how many people are members, of course this is the best board out there :D . But most other boards are small and only have like 100 people tops! You definitly have made it to the top!

Ash

Felicia's Mom
12-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Yes, many thanks. I enjoy it very much.

toughCookie
12-06-2002, 09:56 PM
yes, I have to admit that everytime I want to sit down for a few minutes, taking a break from housework or whatever, I find myself clicking on the pettalk icon, and then sometimes staying signed on longer than I intended! sometimes when I sit here to look up something else, I automatically click on it then think oops thats not what I meant to do!

like right now, I am housecleaning(on a friday night!!no life lol)
because someone is coming to view the house tomorrow, and I am going out to look for a new house, going to decide on one tomorrow!
pettalk is so nice to relax and read the posts.

RockyRoad
12-07-2002, 12:07 PM
This place is really cool!! I hate it how on some message boards the managers don't even post unless it's like an emergency. When I came on here I never thought I'd know the moderators as well as I do!!:D Thanks Karen and Paul, now people from all over the world can talk about their pets, holidays, and other things!! I have learned so much about different countries and states and of course have seen soo many furkids!!!:D :D Thanks again!

COCatMama
12-07-2002, 12:14 PM
I like that it's a place for all pets, not just dogs or cats or a specific breed :) I love ALL animals even tho I only have a dog.
Hey do houseplants qualify as 'pets' ? :D

AmberLee
12-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Lalania
...Hey do houseplants qualify as 'pets' ?...

I hope not. The SPCHP would be after me for sure. (Doom-doom- doom-doom... The Thumb of Death strikes again! Doom-doom)

You know, I've never asked why K&P created Pet Talk. I'm just thrilled that they did.

Karen
12-07-2002, 07:44 PM
We created Pet of the Day back in 1997 because we were both computer professionals, so were up on the Internet, and wanted to create a site that people would like to visit every day. We are both, obviously, "pet people" (in the first apartment we lived in once we were married, we had a painted turtle, a Siberian Dwarf hamster, a baby snapping turtle, as well as inummerable fish - in a "no pets" apartment). We thought of Pet of the Day, decided to try it - and knew it might work, because a few people nominated their pets even before the page existed! :)

And the rest, well, is history! :D :D :D

And to see even more "why" see here (http://PetoftheDay.com/why/)!

slleipnir
12-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Yes, many thanks! When did it first open??

Karen
12-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Yes, many thanks! When did it first open??

September 1, 1997!

shais_mom
12-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
YES, THANKS A LOT!!! I've made some wonderful friends that I would never have known if it wasn't for you and this site!!! This will always be HOME!:D

Ditto!! Thank you very much!

ramanth
12-09-2002, 03:33 PM
Very cool! :)

I call it fate that I stumbled across your site after adopting Kia. :)