PDA

View Full Version : Zoee hurt her nose. Update #15

Taz_Zoee
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Yesterday Zoee had been outside and when she came back in I noticed her nose was cut. I guess there is nothing I can really do for it, since anything I put on it she will just lick off. And her licking it will help it heal best anyway. She is not excessively licking it either, so that's good. But I just have a feeling it is going to leave an ugly scar on her nose. I'm so sad.
The other thing is I have no clue how she did this. I know there was a dog on the other side of the fence that she was barking at. So I'm guessing she jabbed it on the fence or a plant/bush of some sort.

Ok, the picture is ginormous when I previewed it. But I'm going to post it and see if it works.
Well, it's not as big as it was, but it's still huge. So sorry! Have a Zoee nose in your face!
Ok, so now it's a clickable thumbnail. :confused:

cassiesmom
02-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Awww, sweety! I hope the spot heals very quickly! I'll take a Zoee nose in my face any time *kiss*

Karen
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Awww, a kiss on the noggin for you, Zoee, now feel better soon!

Taz_Zoee
02-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys! Funny thing is......it doesn't even seem to bother her at all. I think it's bothering me more than it is her.
I will gladly deliver the love. :) :love:

pomtzu
02-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Aww - poor little (??:eek:??) nosie. Feel better fast, Zoee. Now just keep it out of places that it doesn't belong! :p

Scooter's Mom
02-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Aww, poor pup!
Hugs to Zoee!

Taz_Zoee
02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Aww - poor little (??:eek:??) nosie. Feel better fast, Zoee. Now just keep it out of places that it doesn't belong! :p

Well, she must not have heard you. I just got home and it is worse. There is another bad spot right next to the first one. :( I have no idea what she is doing this on. She's been in this backyard for 8 years now.
I guess I have to follow her out and watch her and see if she scraps it again? :eek: I don't want her to scrape it AGAIN!

I want to cry. :(

chocolatepuppy
02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh no! Maybe a sharp spot on the fence? I hope you figure it out soon. Poor Zoee.:(

krazyaboutkatz
02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Ouch!!! Poor Zoe.:( I hope she heals up quickly and doesn't keep on injuring her poor nose.

Taz_Zoee
02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh no! Maybe a sharp spot on the fence? I hope you figure it out soon. Poor Zoee.:(

Bruce went out and did find a wire that was sticking out in a part of the fence that she might have been interacting with the other dog. He fixed it, so I hope it doesn't happen again. We checked the whole perimeter of the fence, which is difficult since it is dense in most areas with ivy.
I can't help but think it wasn't the wire. It looks like more of a scrape to me and not a cut. But who knows? I do hope that was the cause and now it is fixed.

Thanks for all the love from everyone. I get tears in my eyes every time I look at her poor nose. :(

Jessika
02-24-2013, 10:58 PM
OUCH, poor thing! :( Most of the time when you try putting topicals on areas like that, it draws more attention to the area and they just want to lick it off. While licking wounds in and of itself isn't entirely beneficial, as long as she isn't rubbing it or excessively licking the area, it should heal fine on its own. That's a really difficult area to treat, though, as no matter what, even if she isn't trying to lick her nose, she will lick it inadvertently after eating, etc. Probably doesn't even warrant a vet trip unless it gets infected.

It COULD have been the wire... at least, for your (and her!) sake I hope that's all it was!

Taz_Zoee
02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
OUCH, poor thing! :( Most of the time when you try putting topicals on areas like that, it draws more attention to the area and they just want to lick it off. While licking wounds in and of itself isn't entirely beneficial, as long as she isn't rubbing it or excessively licking the area, it should heal fine on its own. That's a really difficult area to treat, though, as no matter what, even if she isn't trying to lick her nose, she will lick it inadvertently after eating, etc. Probably doesn't even warrant a vet trip unless it gets infected.

It COULD have been the wire... at least, for your (and her!) sake I hope that's all it was!

Yeah, the first thing I did was called my sister who is a vet tech. She said the same thing. I didn't put anything on it and luckily she isn't licking it a lot. In fact it's almost like she doesn't even know its there. And she's an excessive licker in general, so I'm glad she's leaving this alone. You can see in the second picture that the first spot is already starting to heal up.

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Casper
02-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Ouch! :( Poor girl. Glad it isn't bothering her and I hope you guys found the cause. Ethan used to get too excited running and cut his feet up in our yard on the rocks. It always broke my heart when he would come in limping, so I definitely know how bad it feels to see one of our babies get hurt.
Get well soon, Zoee!

Varga
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Ouch. It sure looks painful but it's good that she doesn't seem to feel it much. Hope it gets better soon. :love:

Taz_Zoee
05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Well, I don't know exactly when.........but her nose is completely healed and you can't even see the spots anymore. Whew!! :D :D
If you look close you can see little indents, but her nose is all black again.

Karen
05-30-2013, 08:28 PM
So glad she's all healed up! Silly Zoee, don't scare momma like that, okay?

chocolatepuppy
05-30-2013, 09:55 PM
That's good to hear!:D