PDA

View Full Version : Update on shoulder surgery

moosmom
02-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, it's all set for next Wednesday. I've got my cryo-pac shoulder harness with a blue "cold pack". I've been talking to a friend who had the same thing done. She's given me pointers on what to expect, and to make sure I ask the anesthesiologist to do a "pain block" before I leave the OR which lasts up to 24 hours.

To say I'm NOT nervous would be a lie. While my knee surgery was a piece of cake, my friend said to expect pain. My son in law will be driving me to the hospital and picking me up. I'll be staying at my friend Carol's house (she's a nurse and insisted for at least a couple days) so I won't be alone. I highly doubt I'll be able to get the harness on by myself. My oldie but goodies Bartie and Elan will be going to my friend Nancy's house while I'm at Carol's. She'll medicate them and make sure they're comfortable. My other cats will be fine. My neighbor will look in on them while I'm gone.

Karen
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
We'll all be thinking of you!

Cataholic
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Donna, good luck. Remember, everyone reacts to pain differently. I hope you can keep an open mind, and remember things might not be as bad as someone else said.

phesina
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Best wishes to you, Donna, with the surgery! It sounds like you have prepared well and have many good people around helping you and looking out for you and your cats.

We are sending along loads of love and healing energies and positive vibes!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

smokey the elder
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Good luck!

K9karen
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Hope all went well, Donna! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

carole
02-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Oh Donna my friend, i am so sorry you have had to have surgery, i might be following your footsteps myself yet, still having a big problem with my shoulder,i will be thinking of you, yes i have heard it is no walk in the park hon, but you are a tough cookie and you will get through it, say's me the biggest coward out.

please when you can let us know how you are, i wish you all the best dear friend and i hope this makes you better and you make a good and speedy recovery, HUGS.:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
I hope that everything goes well and that you heal up quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Scooter's Mom
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Good luck Donna!

robinh
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Best of luck on your surgery. Will say a prayer that you get through it and get back to your old self quickly. {{hugs}}

gini
02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Donna, I will go and light a candle for you for a pain free and speedy recovery.
All good thoughts and prayers offered for you.

Catty1
02-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Heal quickly and well! I hope the pain is much less than you expected.:love:

phesina
02-28-2013, 04:11 AM
We are all sending you more prayers and loads of warm healing energies, Donna. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Alysser
02-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Hope it all goes well!

moosmom
02-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone!!! It's done and over. Everything went well. Doctor said the bone spur was bigger than anticipated. I'm now recuperating at my daughter's house till tomorrow. Had to farm out my two oldies but goodies to my friend's house so she could medicate them. They'll be there until I gain use of my right arm.

I won't be on very much for the next week. But I'll be back.

phesina
02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
WELCOME BACK, Donna! So glad to hear it went well. Now take it easy and heal up in comfort.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
So glad you are out and recuperating, and both you and the kitties are being taken care of! Greetings to your daughter from all of Pet Talk!

robinh
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Glad to hear all went well. Take good care of yourself!

Catty1
02-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Glad to hear you are home! I hope you are as pain-free as possible and heal quickly!:love::love: