PDA

View Full Version : American Idol 2013

Karen
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Anyone watching? What do you think for far? Any contestants you particularly like yet? How are you liking all the new judges?

carole
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
i am so annoyed this year, they changed the channel it is usually on and it is now on at the same time as our other favourite TV programme and hard to explain but i can only tape certain programmes on certain channels, so i miss an hour on fridays, so i am a little behind with who is who, and so have no favourites as such yet, i love the judges.such a huge fan of keith urban, of course he is originally a kiwi, born and bred in whangarei Northland NZ, but left for OZ at six years old.but i love how down to earth he is, and he never really shows off, like so many big stars, and he can sing and he is very easy on the eye,not so keen on mariah, but love niki, she adds something really different to the show, love the bickering between her and mariah,wonder if it is for real or just for show.

Karen
02-22-2013, 06:37 PM
So soprry they messed it up for you, Carole! I DVR everything, just in case, so I can watch it at my convenience.

I do wonder, especially in some of the audition rounds, how much of the "drama" between Mariah and Niki was made up for show purposes.

I was happy the Massachusetts gal made it through this week, and wonder how things will progress.

It's always obvious when a judge starts by complimenting a contestant's outfit or looks too much that it means they disliked the singing, so felt they needed to say something positive!

carole
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Yes I agree with you,I get to see it all to tonight,don't have a DVR ,my system will let me only watch and tape certain programmes together,we need a two channel system,so we found out later when our tv went digital,they are more expensive,so we just have to put up with what we have for now.

I dont even know the names of anyone this year,has really spoilt my viewing and I am loosing interest somewhat,we saw the top 12 girls last night I think.we could be one show behind here,but again I'm not sure on that.

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I can't stand Nikki. Well, that's not true. I can stand her, but her voice and how she talks is just annoying!!! Mariah acts so fake it is disgusting. Both girls are constantly messing with their hair and are so concerned with their appearance. Mariah looks like a wax figure. She doesn't move!

Anyway, the contestants.............I can't believe Charlie Askew is still there. I think Jonny Keyser should have made it over him. I'm very bummed Brianna Oakley did not make it further. She is from Antioch and I saw her perform about 4 years ago for an ARF event (the shelter where I volunteer). I said back then that I better see her on American Idol in about 5 years.
The first batch of girls were NOT good. All of the ones that went home where exactly who I thought should go. I didn't agree with the guys though.
I don't have any stand out favorites...........oh wait, yes I do. Kree Harrison. She is amazing!

Karen
02-26-2013, 11:57 AM
I do agree with nearly all the people who have been sent home so far, and find it hard to believe that, out of the thousands upon thousands that auditioned, they were the best 40!

carole
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah Nikki you either love her or hate her,I think she adds something different to the show ,so from that aspect I like her,she does seem a bit pre-occupied as to whether the guys have girlfriends though lol.

I really just have not found myself liking anyone in particular yet,there was a blonde handsome young man who sang country I liked but he went home quite early ,anyhow I better stay out of this thread,too many spoilers and we are behind in our screenings.

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah Nikki you either love her or hate her,I think she adds something different to the show ,so from that aspect I like her,she does seem a bit pre-occupied as to whether the guys have girlfriends though lol.

I really just have not found myself liking anyone in particular yet,there was a blonde handsome young man who sang country I liked but he went home quite early ,anyhow I better stay out of this thread,too many spoilers and we are behind in our screenings.

Ooops, sorry! :o

carole
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
oh don't be sorry, it is ok, i chose to come here and i always know we are behind, but i just love talking about one of my favourite shows, so it is up to me to stay out of the thread now lol.:);):D

Karen
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
So any thoughts on this week? I was sad that some of the guys chose such odd things to sing that they didn't sound as good, so got kicked off. I did think some of the choices were pretty obvious, but were not sure which way they'd go for Zoanette!

Karen
03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Did anyone see the girls sing last night? Who impressed you, and who didn't? I wonder whether Zoanette will make it through on personality alone, as she is wonderfully fun and enthusiastic but way off pitch much of the time ... there seemed to be a discernible difference in quality between some of them and the rest .... it will be interesting to see how things play out!

I know Niki trades on her oddity as part of her brand, but some of her "compliments" are a bit much, and bring the focus onto her instead of the performer ... I thought Kree actually handled that quite well, and with a sense of humor, which was nice.

carole
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree with you about nikki, she loves attention for sure,you know I have given up watching idol now,just lost interest,and I have watched it every year ,and a huge fan,I just have not connected with any of them,no favourites and missing an hour each week ruined it,zoanette is just too wacky for my taste but she may do well in the comp.

Gosh I love Phillip Phillips new single,I loved the song,and did not realise it was him,and I was never a fan,but there ya go,

Karen
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
So I thought it was better when they did the "top 20" to "Top 10" all in one show this time, what did you all think? Not as long and drawn out with drama and montages, and just a quick goodbye to the ones who were cut ...

Besides that, are you happy with the finalists as they are now? I don't dislike any of them, or wonder why they are still there, so this should be interesting moving forward!

Taz_Zoee
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I am happy with the top 10. I wasn't super sad that any of the people that didn't make it weren't in the top 10.
I guess we aren't saying any names yet? So I'll just wait................

Taz_Zoee
03-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Ok, I'm not liking the fact that they show where everyone ranks in the votes. I know they only show the top three, not in a specific order. But then they show #4 through whatever #.
I don't like that.

I was fine with who went home last night too. Their voice is good, but was kind of annoying at times too.

Who do you think will win the spot on the tour? Charlie or Aubrey.

Karen
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I think the person who was eliminated last night may do well in the industry once he's got more experience under his belt ...

I thought Charlie did a far better job last night than he did with the performance that got him eliminated, so now I don't know whether he or Amber will get to goon tour. I wonder if he could handle the emotional rigors of it all ....

I wonder if the telling the ranks is so people might vote more to bump a favorite up?

Karen
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
So, what does everyone think of Lazaro? I so wanted them to change the key for his first number he did last night, it was just WAY too low in his register, so he was off-key and muddled the whole thing! I know he gets lots of votes for sympathy, and being brave and cute, what do you think? And who did you think did the best last night?

I don't dislike Lazaro, but I have to think back many shows ago to remember he actually can sing!

Taz_Zoee
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I haven't watched last nights performances yet. But I agree about Lazaro. I think he is adorable and remember him singing soo much better before. I don't know what's wrong with him now. Maybe the pressure of the live shows is getting to him. And I don't like the fact that he's getting sympathy votes. That means someone that should actually stay there will be sent home because people feel sorry for Lazaro.

Can't wait to get home and watch the performances before the results show comes on!

Taz_Zoee
04-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Well, I watched the performances and sadly Lazaro was the worst yet. I don't get what's going on with that boy. Is it that he is up against some amazing girls, or is he fizzing out?
I guess I don't agree with the judges this year. I didn't think Amber and Candice were THAT great as they said. Sure they are good singers. And I thought Janelle's first song was good, not boring like Nicki so rudely said.
That woman is just rude. She wouldn't even comment to Lazaro. He needs to know how to improve and not saying anything doesn't help.

Well, I won't say anything about who went home last night. So I'll leave it at that. :)

kaycountrygal
04-12-2013, 11:45 AM
April 12 2013
I started watching this season of Idol about 4 weeks ago. Frankly I was relieved last night when Lazaro was voted off and NOT saved. My favorite two are Candace and Kree. Both girls can really sing. I prefer country music so I really like Kree. Overall though, I think Candace is the best singer of all five. I would be happy if Candace or Kree won American Idol.

As for the judges I like Keith the most and Nikki(sp) the least.

Karen
04-12-2013, 01:11 PM
With the four we have now, I would be happy with whoever wins, this time! I wonder if Amber is always in the bottom two because the judges constantly praise her, so people think "eh, she's safe no matter what ..."

Karen
05-16-2013, 09:50 PM
So who do you think will win? I was disappointed with who went home last week, but figured it was her own fault ofr not playing the piano on that first piece, when it was such a "gimmes .."

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2013, 09:40 AM
I knew she would win!!! Although I really liked the other person more just as a person, the girl that won does have a GREAT voice!!! :D :D