PDA

View Full Version : Any Downton Abbey fans?

kaycountrygal
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
How do you feel about the last episode of Season 3? BTW I love Maggie Smith as Dowager (Violet)

carole
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
i have missed this series, i wished i had taped it, i love british TV especially ones set in the old days, acting is great,maggie smith is fantastic actress, did you see her in the marigold exotic hotel or the Quartet, she was amazing in both.

kaycountrygal
02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Carole, Yes, I saw Maggie Smith in Exotic Marigold Hotel. She was the reason I rented the movie. No, I havent seen Quartet yet but I probably will rent it. She is a jewel! I just love her on Downton Abbey; she plays her part beautifully.

carole
02-20-2013, 04:14 PM
oh do see quartet ,it is quite different to marigold hotel, but maggie is superb in it as usual. enjoy.

Barbara
02-25-2013, 02:52 AM
I think when they did the last episode they did not know about Dan Stevens wanting to leave- it is by far too open for that. I liked the cricket match however. And it was great to see Carson in cricket dress;)

Freedom
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
I have trouble keeping up with their hiatus and resuming; I was watching it regularly, weekly, and seem to have missed the most recent - since January! Need to find it and catch up!!

I also love Larkrise to Candleford, sorry it was discontinued.

Steve Arnold
03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I haven't seen the last episode yet, I've been on overload the last two weeks, but despite my best efforts to shield myself from the truth, others have made sure I found out - first on Facebook, and then an elderly aunt called to ask me what I thought, and though I told her I hadn't seen it yet and wanted to wait until I had a chance to actually sit down and watch when I had time, she spilled all the details of it anyway. Thanks a lot, Aunt Jean.

carole
03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh no some people seem to get great pleasure out of spoiling things.