PDA

View Full Version : Give a dog a home !

WDog
12-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Have you got a rescue dog is there any problems is s/he afraid of something and whats there backround were they dumped in a box on the side of the road and what breed are they! I bet there the best! :eek:

Fuzzy317
12-07-2002, 07:52 AM
Here is a thread about our current foster DJ. Its in Dog Rescue.

DJ: our next foster (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17924)

His leg will still be in a cast for 6 more weeks at least. Actually, the post by mugsy from Pet Finder tells me a few things I didn't know. But all I needed to know was dog in need, and where should I pick him up :)

mugsy
12-07-2002, 09:26 AM
We currently have 18 rescue dogs all with stories, but all of them loved in spite of (or maybe since we rescued them, because of) the stories. So, where do you want to start. There are threads out there with descriptions of all of them, but, I'm not as good as Scott...I have no clue where they are!! lol Btw, Scott, you put it beautifully about DJ. Did you know that Gracie is also on Pet Finder???

ownerof3dogs
12-07-2002, 06:12 PM
I rescued Felice (German Shep./Akita mix) from my neighbor. She was tied out her WHOLE life since she was born! She was a year and 3mo when I took her. Her owner was going to put her to sleep! Felice's ears where eaten to bits by flies and she had hardly any food and sludge water to drink!She only weighed about 75lbs and now she weighs anout 120lb(but she a little fat-don't tell her!)She was never brushed so she had chumks of onder coat hanging out every where. The mean owner told me that Felice didn't like indoor and would NEVER go inside. Thats a joke...she's the biggest coach potatoe there is!

I am so glad that she got loose that day and came to me. Thats how I found out about her. She has become the best dog(she 9 yo now)in the begining though she was very aggressive to strangers and other dogs but has mellowed out a lot. She was MY first dog. My family had other dogs but I was like 3 years old. she was MY dog! And I love her very much and would do anything for her!!!

I also rescued Zeus form North Shore Animal League when he was 8 weeks old! He was so cute! is cute

Twisterdog
12-07-2002, 07:59 PM
The quickest and easiest way for me to answer this is to have everyone look at our website ... all our dogs are rescue dogs with "issues" and their stories are all on our website. :)

http://www.geocities.com/lotza_dogz/

Fuzzy317
12-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Scott, you put it beautifully about DJ. Did you know that Gracie is also on Pet Finder???

The posting on Pet Finder was not written by me, it was by Vicky I think. And I posted on the DJ thread that I can't find him on Pet Finder :(