PDA

View Full Version : Bun Temper Tantrum

zookeeper
12-06-2002, 10:21 AM
My bunnie Katie ahd a temper tantrum this morning. I could not believe my eyes. I usually give her some raisins first thing in the morning before I leave for work. I woke up late this morning. So as I was getting ready Katie was looking at me expectantly. I told her I didn't have enough time to get her raisins. So she looked at me waiting for her raisins, and I walked away to get ready. Well I am grabbing some clothes quickly and I hear this big raquet. I go to see what is going on and Katie is throwing stuff around her cage and banging the bars, she was trying to rip her food dish off and was throwing her wood chew all over the cage. She finally noticed me watching her and grunted and thumped and banged on her bars some more.

So I said okay okay, I'll get your rainsins, she immediately calmed down. I went and got her some raisins and fed them to her and than she was happy :rolleyes:

Do I have one spoiled bun or what? :eek:

Do anyone elses rabbits take temper tantrums, and do you give into their demands?

tazz1227
12-06-2002, 05:17 PM
OH Zoo...that is NOTHING!! I have 2 buns...Boy Boy and Girl Girl. Every morning they get a piece of fruit, apple, pear (favorite), craisins, banana, something....anyway one morning, like you I was running late and not only was I running late but I had not gone to the store so I didn't have any fruit to give them. Well, I was trying to get dressed and they "double teamed" me and was nudging my foot, nipped at my toes and then just sat there looking cute. Now keep in mind, my kids are BIG and healthy and not missing ANY MEALS! Well, when I got home, they had nothing to do with me. I tried to bribe them and they were not having it. They kept ignoring me until the next morning. Oh, did I mention they chewed up some papers I had in the process of being mad! :)

Heather Wallace
12-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Yes, Bunny my big female lop is very moody and she sometimes is aggressive too. But I still love her as she is so funny. When I pick her out of the cage and pop her back in she usually stamps!!!

Lillycat
12-07-2002, 04:56 PM
what a little fit of temper!

RockyRoad
12-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Floppsy will not exactly have a tantrum, yet she will stamp her foot on the bottom of the hutch if she gets impatient or angry. That is just telling me to make her happy or she will do something. But I do not know what she would do because I make her happy before she even has the chance. I guess our Buns just loove to be spoiled!

zookeeper
12-09-2002, 01:42 PM
I guess from now on I will just have to make sure I do not forget:) I never realised bunnies could be so tempermental :)

Ah well, she is so cute when she has her raisins that I have no problems spoiling her.

My fiance thinks I have created a monster:)

tazz1227
12-11-2002, 07:44 AM
My boyfriend tells me all the time how my kids have ME trained! :) He is right, but how can you resist thos beautiful big brown eyes when they sit on their hind legs, or when they nudge your foot for attention, or the ultimate is when I am on my computer, they get under my computer desk and lay there so I can rub them with my feet!:) They are so warm! :D

Heather Wallace
12-13-2002, 05:56 AM
Awww... Tazz, your buns sound adorable!

tazz1227
12-13-2002, 09:50 AM
Oh Heather, they are so bad!! :) But I love them dearly!! :D
How did you get the pictures posted under your name and on your replies?

Heather Wallace
12-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Tazz, i still have a pic of BB and GG so I will upload it for you, then I will email you the address to add at the bottom of your signature, ok. Then we will be able to see them both.

tazz1227
12-16-2002, 06:39 AM
Heather, did I tell you today how wonderful you are?? Thank you so much. The kids will be so excited!:D

Heather Wallace
12-17-2002, 06:20 AM
Tazz, bare with me as I have been away for a few days, will get onto it asap. Hope you are all well.

tazz1227
12-17-2002, 06:48 AM
Heather take your time. I really appreciate you doing it for me. Thank you so much!! :D

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 06:51 AM
I am on the case as we speak, so I will PM you with the address.

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 07:37 AM
testing
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p66f32746d02330e0d0d7e395bf7dcde6/fceb4843.jpg

tazz1227
12-18-2002, 07:39 AM
testing right back at you! See what I get?

tazz1227
12-18-2002, 07:44 AM
ok

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 08:01 AM
I have posted the address again in a PM

The only other thing I can think of doing is

right click on the pic.

go to properties then click on select all then copy.

The go to your signature and paste the address, remember to add the [ ]with IMG at the beginning and [] with /IMG inside.

tazz1227
12-18-2002, 08:07 AM
test

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 08:17 AM
YAY! Tazz, you did it.

Great! Good to see Boy Boy and Girl Girl in colour.

You should add their names too.

tazz1227
12-18-2002, 08:27 AM
AW HEATHER!! Now HOW do I do THAT??!! :(

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Tazz, not sure how you actually put the name on the pic as Ninna di it for me but you can go into signatures and type the buns naem etc above or below your picture.

tazz1227
12-18-2002, 12:39 PM
ok...thank you!:)

Heather Wallace
12-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Oh, we seem to be on at the same time today!

Glad you got the chance to put their names on. They look great there. Now we can see them all of the time.

Daisylover
12-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Tazz and Heather,

I am SOOOO jealous you two!!! Now your bunnies are famous!!!
:D Well, Tazz, I did tell Heather .... I had my guys picture PROFESSIONALLY taken, since I can't seem to get good pics of them with my camera.... I'm just waiting for the photos to arrive...they should be here any day now and then you both will be GREEN with envy!!! LOL!!!!!

Sucker???? Did you say sucker?????? Yes, bunny number 9 came to live with me last Thursday... Noah, who's name really should be Moses.... that's a whole story in itself.

Sammy Wam is not well and we'll go to the vet tomorrow evening, I am not expecting to be able to save him... He's such a sweet boy.

Heather Wallace
12-19-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi Daisy Lover, thank you for the xmas card.

Would you like me to do the same with one of the pics you sent me? Probably the one with the 3 buns in it.

Let me know.

tazz1227
12-20-2002, 07:26 AM
Daisy, you are SO CRAZY! :) Yes I will be VERY jealous of your pictures. Everytime I go to Petsmart and see the dogs sitting quietly getting their picture taken I am jealous! My kids would not sit still long enough to get their picture taken professionally, well Girl Girl would not anyway. So I have to be content with the "professional mommy" pictures. I took some recently, I have to update them. They are so big now and so funny! :D Happy holidays!!

Heather Wallace
12-20-2002, 09:58 AM
I hope you all have a lovely christmas,

Cany wait to see all of those new photo's!

Daisylover
12-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Tazz and Heather,
Yeah, it WAS a crazy thing to do (having their pic's professionally taken)....it was expensive and of course I ordered too many pictures which didn't help.....

I just wanted to mention that the group of buns I took (5 of the 8, and now of course I wish I had taken all 8 of them but it was just too much work!) do not ordinarily get along with each other when at home. However they were SO intimidated by being at the store that the photographer actually did get them to all sit together....it's a great picture.

And Heather let's wait and see about having you put the photo on for me as I would prefer to have this new one put on rather than the older photo.... Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it and get you the photo as soon as they come in.

Merry Christmas to all of you and the bunny kids! Hope to talk to you guys soon!

Heather Wallace
12-20-2002, 04:47 PM
No problems at all, just let me know when you want me to do it.

I hope you get your photos really soon. Congratulations on your 9th bunny!

Heather Wallace
12-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Also sorry to read about Sam.

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 03:39 PM
The only bunny I had, Dublin the Stew, was a really funny guy
he liked to hop up on the couch and throw the remote off!!! he also liked to do this with hair brushes, what a weirdo :D. He lived on the huge balcony beside my mom's bedroom where he could run and hop without being locked in a cage or be hassled by roaming cats etc. When it got below +7 celsius I brought him inside, I called a vet or something to ask what was too cold for a bunny. Dublin had many carrots and nice bits of wood to chew on to keep his teeth trim and I trimmed his toenails for him :). If a bird passed overhead he would STOMP and I would come running!! I was always freaked an eagle would grab him lol. When Dublin was young he would Hoot softly at me and i would lay down on the balcony and he would hop up on my stomach and hang out there....AAAAAWWWWWWWWW I miss my Dublin!! I liberated him from a carnival petting zoo..he cost me 5 bucks and he was such a handsome guy.

Heather Wallace
12-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Dublin sounds like a nice little rabbit. Glad you saved him!!

COCatMama
12-22-2002, 11:20 AM
hee hee I consider petting zoos to be 'evil', especially where they keep the bunnies where they can be tormented by legions of snot-nosed bra......erm sweet innocent children I mean *coff* :D

Heather Wallace
12-27-2002, 02:33 PM
LOL! I know what you mean!

COCatMama
12-27-2002, 09:51 PM
ROFL :D

Heather Wallace
12-29-2002, 07:49 AM
In the UK things seem to be a bit more 'less cruel' than the US and other countries. We don't sell cats or dogs in pet shops, only smaller animals such as rabbits and hamsters etc, although I do wish they would stop that too.

We also dont have rabbit zoo's as you mentioned, what we have is like farms where you can take children to see thaniamls but it is in a much healthier environment. I am sure there is still lots of places that treat the animals bad, I just have never seen them, THANK GOD!