PDA

View Full Version : Kia and the Scary Smoke Detectors

ramanth
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
A dinner mishap caused all the smoke detectors to go off last night. The windows are sealed, so the doors were opened to air out the house.

I was more worried about Zam pulling a Houdini, when Kia bolted and disappeared into the night. :eek:

After a nerve wracking half hour of searching, we were just about to get in the car to go looking, when she appeared at the end of the street in the headlights of a neighbors car.

Kia was trotting down the middle of the road and they were speeding. I almost thought they were going to hit her, but thankfully they braked and swerved. Kia wouldn't come to me immediately, but I finally coaxed her over, leashed her, and got her home.

She's become more fearful of noises as she's gotten older, so now we know to put her in her crate or secure her in the backyard should it ever happen again.

I have even more gray hairs. :rolleyes: :D

Karen
02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I have heard of smoke detectors eating little delicate puppies like Kia, honest ... Thank goodness she wasn't hit!

lizbud
02-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow, sounds like a very hectic night at your house. I'm glad that Kia wasn't hurt in the commotion.

sasvermont
02-14-2013, 06:29 PM
My detectors talk rather than emit loud noises. Mine says "Fire, Fire" until the smoke clears (from my cooking skills or the lack thereof.)

Maybe you could check out a different alarm.

Just a thought - :)

chocolatepuppy
02-15-2013, 05:07 AM
I'm glad you got Kia back safe! How scarey!

k9krazee
02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Glad you got her home safe and she wasn't hurt!!!

Kia, Kia, Kia. Please don't do that again :(

ramanth
02-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm super glad Kia had the sense of mind to go to the woods at the end of the street vs towards the busy 4 lane street. Sas, those talking ones do sound interesting.