PDA

View Full Version : 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius charged with murder after girlfriend shot

Catty1
02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
The whole story is at the link.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/blade-runner-oscar-pistorius-charged-with-murder-after-girlfriend-shot-1.1156244

:(

Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee sprinter who become a global sporting hero at last summer’s Olympics, has been charged with murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend.
Pistorius’ girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, a model who spoke out against rape and abuse of women, was shot four times early Thursday in Pistorius’ Pretoria home, police said.

pomtzu
02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Just goes to show you, that even those we think of as the "good guys", aren't necessarily as pure as the driven snow. Sad.........:(

Karen
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
It continues to surprise me that athletes are held in high esteem in general just because they have prowess at a particular physical event that folks pay attention to, and the does as well. It's human nature, I guess, but I have never understood it.

Lady's Human
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
It continues to surprise me that athletes are held in high esteem in general just because they have prowess at a particular physical event that folks pay attention to, and the does as well. It's human nature, I guess, but I have never understood it.

Bingo.

Ty Cobb was one heck of a baseball player, but a complete and total jerk.

RICHARD
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Glad he's in custody, not on the run.

Lady's Human
02-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Glad he's in custody, not on the run.

Well, the undertaker drew a heavy sigh seeing no one else had come,
And a bell was ringing in the village square for the sprinter on the run.
Blades on the run.....Blades on the run.
And the jailer man and Uncle sam, were searching every one

For the blades on the run

RICHARD
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Well, the undertaker drew a heavy sigh seeing no one else had come,
And a bell was ringing in the village square for the sprinter on the run.
Blades on the run.....Blades on the run.
And the jailer man and Uncle sam, were searching every one

For the blades on the run

Eternity will not be a lonely time for me.....

--------------------

Why does the media have such a 'fascination' with gun play in OTHER countries.

The twits at MSNBC were harumphing about the GLs in SA.....Like, don't we have enough problems here at home?

-------------------

In all seriousness?

I do not understand why women stay with men who abuse them, according to reports there were some previous call re domestic problems at the home.

Lady's Human
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Eternity will not be a lonely time for me.....

Insanity loves company.

cassiesmom
02-14-2013, 11:24 PM
This makes me sad. I worked with amputee patients early in my career, and watching him run at the London Olympics gave me goose bumps. What a hard fall for this young man. When I heard about it this morning I was just hoping it was not him who had fired the gun, that it was maybe a burglar in their home or something like that. Sad.

Alysser
02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Wow...what a way to ruin someones life...and your own. How unfortunate and sad for sure. :( I didn't realize he was so young.