PDA

View Full Version : Thursday # 520... I love Thursdays!

RICHARD
02-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Well, it's that time of year.

Time for chocolate, roses and cards that go on the fridge!

Happy V's day to everyone.

-----

Gonna cook up something nice today......

Pancakes and french toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns and hot water!:D

Have a good day and go tell someone that you love them....:love:

Lady's Human
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Well, it's that time of year.

Time for chocolate, roses and cards that go on the fridge!

Happy V's day to everyone.

-----

Gonna cook up something nice today......

Pancakes and french toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns and hot water!:D

Have a good day and go tell someone that you love them....:love:

Make sure it's the right someone...........water gets hot REALLY quickly!:p

Now that it's time for breakfast, I think I'll join you.

RICHARD
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Make sure it's the right someone...........water gets hot REALLY quickly!:p

Now that it's time for breakfast, I think I'll join you.

Pull up a chair and i'll get some old, "Wait, Wait, Don't tell me" on the stereo....

DONE!

Queen of Poop
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Happy V day all. One more work day then a 3 day weekend. Could I get a cup of tea please? Lady honey, I brought doggie treats!

Karen
02-14-2013, 07:58 PM
I'll make another pot o' tea, and I know Lady will exchange snuggles for treats!

Lady's Human
02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
At the moment Lady will exchange snuggles for someone to defend her tail against a certain orange and white fuzzball.

Queen of Poop
02-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Come here Patch, I just got a brand new laser pointer for the kitties!!!

Lady's Human
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Ummmm.....

Might I suggest running for the hills?

Patch and a laser pointer? EEEEK!!!!

In the meantime, I think I'm going to have an Irish coffee.....after all, it's 5 o clock somewhere!

Pinot's Mom
02-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Tea, chocolate and a day off here. Hubby went off on his annual winter camping trip with the boys this morning, so it's just me & Pinot. Have a great day, everyone!

Karen
02-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Tea and chocolate - I'll join you for that! Though today is the Banana Bread Day, in honor on Uncle Mac's birthday, but my bananas are not yet ripe enough, so I'll have to celebrate that a day or two late!

smokey the elder
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Ummmm.....

Might I suggest running for the hills?

Patch and a laser pointer? EEEEK!!!!

In the meantime, I think I'm going to have an Irish coffee.....after all, it's 5 o clock somewhere!

Here's to Saint Somewhere!:D

RICHARD
02-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Here's to Saint Somewhere!:D

DONE!

Hi everyone,

Let me refill the glasses, break out the catnip too.

I like to dose the cat and THEN play laser pointer. THE ABSOLUTE BEST is when they stop with their ears pinned back with those huge pupils........

I have to get the ORC to clear off the satellite dish -

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/norway-plans-12-hour-prime-time-tv-show-162045166.html

The 'yule log CD' can bite me.

Let me cook up some brekkie and how's about THIS for later on?

Oven roasted chicken

I have done this a bunch of times and even tho it gets old, if you tweak the seasoning, you can make the best tasting birds....IT is based on the 'beer can chicken' so I can't take credit for the recipe.

Take an aluminum can, take the top off and put whatever herbs you want into it - I did rosemary, I wanted to put a few slices on lemon, but I used it on an earlier dinner!:rolleyes:
Set it aside...

Take a whole chicken, wash and prepare it like you are going to roast it on it's side, I usually give it a lite coat of olive oil and season it with what you like. Stick the can into the bird, open end first. Stand the chikin up in an oven save pot, then filll the can up with water.

You could use beer or wine and fill the can before you put in in the bird, but it's easier doing it afterwards. Lightly cover with a piece of foil.

Heat up the oven to about 400-425 and cook for about an hour and 20 minutes, I use a thermometer to make sure it's done (170 degrees).

Let it rest and cut it up. I put the juices into the fridge to get the fat out and plan to use it as a base for some gravy later on.

While I had the oven going I made some packets of veggies in foil, stuck them in the oven for the last 20-25 minutes...

pomtzu
02-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Did you ever put orange juice in the can?? That's yummy............:)

RICHARD
02-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Did you ever put orange juice in the can?? That's yummy............:)

No, I have just used lemon slices.

Let's make a few birds and see what comes out best - thanks for the tip!

DONE!

pomtzu
02-16-2013, 10:17 AM
No, I have just used lemon slices.

Let's make a few birds and see what comes out best - thanks for the tip!

DONE!

Use no water - just the orange juice in place of it - and of course any spices you care to toss in. I also sprinkle the outside of the bird with lemon and pepper seasoning after I coat with Pam or olive oil.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-16-2013, 03:04 PM
OOOOhhh, any 'beer in the rear' chicken left???? Never tried it but it sounds good. :love:

pomtzu
02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
MOFF - you don't know what you're missing.They're so simple to make - you should try one - and there are tons of variations in the recipes which you can find on line. You can make up your own, too. Just Google "beer butt chicken" or "drunkin chicken" for ideas. The moistest chicken you will ever eat - guaranteed. I like them best cooked on the grill, but the oven works just fine too.

Guess what I'm fixin' for dinner tomorrow night??? :)

Lady's Human
02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Thursdays is going to be names to the Surgeon General's most wanted list if we keep this up.

Thankfully for me, the menu for the next 2 weeks is set, so I can blithely ignore the temptation to try it.

pomtzu
02-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Too bad LH - I was going to invite you to dinner. Blame Richard - he started it. I had already gotten a chicken out to thaw this a.m. before I ever read this. Hadn't decided how I was going to fix it - he just made my choice easier :)

RICHARD
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
OOOOhhh, any 'beer in the rear' chicken left???? Never tried it but it sounds good. :love:

Beer in the rear? I like it.

Yes, there always is plenty to go around.
Done!

Pom,

Let us know how you put it together - and how it turns out!

LH,

Don't get into trouble on my part......;) Wait for warmer weather and pick up some mesquite charcoal, wood chips and go for it......:eek:

The Surgeon General warns that nothing served at Thursday's has any health benefits or dangers?

And can we have a moment of silence for Mr Alleman?:(

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/heart-attack-grill-spokesman-dies-apparent-heart-attack-162858075.html

Pinot's Mom
02-17-2013, 01:07 PM
'round these parts we call it beer butt chicken... ;)

Anyway, I'm having some tuna salad with salt & pepper chips - takers? Maybe a nice glass of Riesling?

pomtzu
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Darn!!! No beer butt or orange butt chicken here tonight. Thought I had o.j. - I don't - no beer either. So I just split the bird in half, gave him an oil rub down, and gave him a hearty sprinkle all over of powdered garlic, black pepper and paprika, and he's in the oven along with a casserole dish full of scalloped potatoes. I'll fix some peas and bake the crescent rolls while the bird rests - and that will be our supper tonight. Not too shabby I guess..........:)

Lady's Human
02-19-2013, 07:34 AM
A Toast to the fisheries management people! A drink, too, as it's hard to imbibe buttered burned bread.

The good news is we get to go deep sea fishing this year.

The perplexing news is that there's no real change in limits, (I'll spare the crowd the gory details), but they're claiming the new rules are going to reduce the catch by 77%.

As the boat captain posted on his website, we wonder why Washington can't balance the budget?

In any case, a round for the house.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
A Toast to the fisheries management people! A drink, too, as it's hard to imbibe buttered burned bread.

The good news is we get to go deep sea fishing this year.

The perplexing news is that there's no real change in limits, (I'll spare the crowd the gory details), but they're claiming the new rules are going to reduce the catch by 77%.

As the boat captain posted on his website, we wonder why Washington can't balance the budget?

In any case, a round for the house.

Maybe they are only going to let one boat (with a pal of theirs as captain) go fish!!! They can then catch the entire quota the government sets without cutting down on their usual quota. They never said they wouldn't cut down on the number of fishermen after all. :love:

Lady's Human
02-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Maybe they are only going to let one boat (with a pal of theirs as captain) go fish!!! They can then catch the entire quota the government sets without cutting down on their usual quota. They never said they wouldn't cut down on the number of fishermen after all. :love:

Nah, Sen. Snowe retired. (There was just such an exemption for 2 boats in previous fishing regs!).

The good news is that my Dad and I get to go out fishing this year, and maybe even bring the kids out as well.

RICHARD
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I just fired up a pot of chicken veggie soup with some homemade (out of the package) Italian herb bread.....

anyone?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Count me in!!! I made chicken and noodles for lunch today. There is some left if anyone wants some. Need to stock up on stuff because storm Q is moving in. :p I hate hate hate hate storms. :love:

Lady's Human
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Chicken soup? I'm in.

been feeling bleah, maybe some soup will hep.

cassiesmom
02-20-2013, 07:37 PM
At the moment Lady will exchange snuggles for someone to defend her tail against a certain orange and white fuzzball.

*sitting down to protect Lady's tail from a happy, active kitty* I'm drinking tea while I'm guarding Lady's tail -- it is cold out in Chicago tonight.

RICHARD
02-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Bowls of soup for everyone....and hot bread and butter too.

I woke up this morning in a 'bread coma' from last night. :rolleyes::eek:u7

Ed finished the sentence for me....

Spoons for everyone!!!

Done.

Lady's Human
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
I hoped you'd have spoons, after all, you just can't eat hot soup with your bare hands.

(Look up DaVinci's notebook on youtube, well worth it)