PDA

View Full Version : A Happy Tail! Update and new pic Post #11

Freedom
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Oooh I am just BUSTING so thrilled about this! It all started on FB!

Friend of mine posted pics of her 2 Aussies, and the Airedale she was caring for over the weekend.

ANOTHER friend of mine posted, liked the pic, said it reminded her of Abby the Lakeland Terrier just up the street from her, who loves belly rubs. HuMom has moved to nursing home, Abby needs a home.

Person unknown to me, friend of the first person (who posted the pic) posts she loves the pic THEN goes on to say she has a terrier and would be interested in adding Abby.

Everyone starts a flurry of posts and messages, phone calls and meetings, and I JUST got the word that Abby went to her new furever home last evening! Here is a photo, Abby is the one sitting in her new mom's lap.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2013/Vaentines%20Pics%202013/Abby1_zpsf82d9799.jpg

Taz_Zoee
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
That is great! See Facebook is good for lots of things! Not only bad things happen there. :D

Karen
02-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Yay! Love a happy story! :) And a happy pup getting a belly rub, too!

pomtzu
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Yay - a happy ending and a new beginning - all rolled into one! :love:

chocolatepuppy
02-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Yay! What a cute picture of both of the dogs!:cool:

kaycountrygal
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh My Goodness! How wonderful that Abby has a new furever home! I'm sorry her huMom is in nursing home. Both dogs are very cute. If you dont look at the head of the one getting belly rub, you'll think (or at least I did) that it is a bear LOL.

cassiesmom
02-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh My Goodness! How wonderful that Abby has a new furever home! I'm sorry her huMom is in nursing home. Both dogs are very cute. If you dont look at the head of the one getting belly rub, you'll think (or at least I did) that it is a bear LOL.

I think the one on the right looks like a teddy bear too! What a great story!

IRescue452
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Nice that she found a home so fast! What a cutie. Love that soft terrier coat when they aren't hand-stripped.

Freedom
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I've been told that I have identified the WRONG dog as Abby, ha haaa. Abby is the one in her new mom's lap!

IRescue452
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I do hope they put her on a diet though and get her some exercise. She looks at least 200% of what she should weigh. That's morbid obesity.

Freedom
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Here is an update, from the person who knew about Abby needing a home:

Sadly, Abby's previous humom has passed away. I'm so glad that someone stepped up to take this girl into their heart. She did not appear to be an easy placement as she was not well house broken nor leash trained. She was very matted and overweight. But Abby is a sweetheart with people and other dogs. Still, had she just been given to a person not into training (as her family was considering), I think she may have been a dog who was passed around from home to home or shelter. So, finding the right someone to take her so quickly (less than a week) was a Godsend! Here is a new picture of Abby after being groomed.

Happy new life, sweet Abby! Mattie and Sassy will miss you so much but are so happy for you!

lizbud
02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Here is an update, from the person who knew about Abby needing a home:

Sadly, Abby's previous humom has passed away. I'm so glad that someone stepped up to take this girl into their heart. She did not appear to be an easy placement as she was not well house broken nor leash trained. She was very matted and overweight. But Abby is a sweetheart with people and other dogs. Still, had she just been given to a person not into training (as her family was considering), I think she may have been a dog who was passed around from home to home or shelter. So, finding the right someone to take her so quickly (less than a week) was a Godsend! Here is a new picture of Abby after being groomed.

Happy new life, sweet Abby! Mattie and Sassy will miss you so much but are so happy for you!

I wondered about which one was the rescue in the first picture. Glad you updated.:) Also thrilled to hear about her going to a
great home where they know she needs a little help in some areas. That's a very good thing in itself.:) Great job everyone.:love:

Bonny
02-22-2013, 06:59 AM
What a happy beginning for Abby. :D