PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl commercials?

Lady's Human
02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
There's a fine line between edgy and weird.....

Congratulations to the advertisers, you've obliterated it.

WTH? WHO approved some of these, especially the taco hell and Calvin Klein ads?

Karen
02-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I wait until after the game is over and watch the commercials online! That way they aren't interrupted by football ... and I can skip the ones I'd rather not see!

Grace
02-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I must have been busy doing other things when the commercials were on. The only one I remember is the Clydesdale one - love the horse :)

cassiesmom
02-03-2013, 11:51 PM
I thought the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial in the third quarter was sooooooo sweet!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/03/budweiser-clydesdales-super-bowl-commercial-2012_n_2612919.html

I was creeped out by the CK spot. Who decided that's appropriate for Sunday night TV? There were two with Stevie Wonder's song "Superstition" that I didn't get; and I didn't get the one for Coke with the showgirls and the cowboys, either. I didn't think the Taco Bell spot with the retirement home residents was funny, and it doesn't make me want to race out and eat there. Psy for pistachios didn't work for me; I wonder how much they paid to get him to appear in that ad.

My all time favorite Super Bowl commercials are the one from last year with the dog "Here, Wego!" -- the one from maybe 4 or 5 years ago about herding cats -- and Mean Joe Greene for Coca-Cola from the mid-1970s. And any commercial with a Clydesdale.

Lady's Human
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Somehow Bud's ad agency ALWAYS does a good job with the clydesdales.

The Doritos' ad was a tad past the edge of creepy as well, grown men wearing dresses playing with a little girl? sorry.....

Freckles
02-04-2013, 07:54 AM
My favorite was Paul Harvey's Ode to the Farmer.

pomtzu
02-04-2013, 08:49 AM
The Doritos Goat ad tickled my funny bone.........:D

RICHARD
02-04-2013, 10:54 AM
The revamped 'cheetah' ad was a hoot and the Bud/Clydesdale horse commercials were the best.

To say that most of the commercials sucked, is being kind.

----------------------------------------------------

About the entertainment (singers and dancing)?

Bring back "Up with People" that way I can watch the Puppy Bowl without having to keep changing the channel to see when 'it's over?

RICHARD
02-04-2013, 10:55 AM
The revamped 'cheetah' ad was a hoot and the Bud/Clydesdale horse commercials were the best.

To say that most of the commercials sucked, is being kind.

----------------------------------------------------

About the entertainment (singers and dancing)?

Bring back "Up with People" that way I can watch the Puppy Bowl without having to keep changing the channel to see when 'it's over?

(Just play Whitney Houston's SSB every year from now on.......everything else will forever be measured against it, so why bother to compare?)

Taz_Zoee
02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't even remember what the ad was for, but the people kissing.............YUCK!!! I wish I could have fast forwarded past it. DISGUSTING!
I liked the Taco Bell with the senior citizens, I thought it was cute. I liked the Goat one and the Clydesdale one, of course. There were a couple others I laughed on, but I can't remember them. I guess I'll have to go watch them online again to see.

Grace
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
The absolute best spots were by Chrysler - once again. I did not see them last night. Here is a link - http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/watch-chryslers-paul-harvey-super-bowl-tribute-to-farmers

Scroll down and you can see both of them.

sparks19
02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Somehow Bud's ad agency ALWAYS does a good job with the clydesdales.

The Doritos' ad was a tad past the edge of creepy as well, grown men wearing dresses playing with a little girl? sorry.....

Oh man really? taht was my FAVORITE commercial. Having a husband and a 5 year old daughter I could TOTALLY see that scene lol

I also liked the oreo commercial in the library lol

smokey the elder
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
The stain in the shape of Joe Montana's face, and the guy's wife, the closet Ravens fan, washing the shirt!:D That gave me the giggles.

cassiesmom
01-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Get some tissues - this is very sweet! Budweiser "Puppy Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4&feature=player_embedded

Grace
01-29-2014, 10:23 PM
I :love: :love: :love: that Budweiser commercial. I think, over the years, Budweiser has had the best commercials - the ones that always make you go "Awwww"

CountryWolf07
02-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Get some tissues - this is very sweet! Budweiser "Puppy Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4&feature=player_embedded

Of course! That one made me sad because Ryder once looked like the puppy in the commercial. ;) I also liked the Doritos commercial with the Mastiff & the little girl.

AvaJoy
02-05-2014, 03:07 PM
This year's Bud commercial with the puppy couldn't hold a candle to last year's, so even though it was cute and they used the same actor guy, it didn't grab me the way last year's did . . . Bud can't do better than that one!:love:

Pinot's Mom
02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
The stain in the shape of Joe Montana's face, and the guy's wife, the closet Ravens fan, washing the shirt!:D That gave me the giggles.

I didn't see that!! Figures; a Ravens mention and I didn't see it. My favorite was the Toyota commercial with the Muppets (besides the Clydesdales, of course). Most ironic? How about the super anti-commercial Bob Dylan finally making an ad....advocating buying American cars....for Chrysler....WHO IS OWNED BY FIAT!!! Way to go, Bobby...:rolleyes:

Karen
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
We DVR'd the Kitten Bowl and Puppy Bowl - same time slots as the Super Bowl, and even recorded - well, started a recording of the "Fish Bowl" on National Geographic, which we stopped after we started watching it as it was just plain dumb, and uninteresting.

Watching the Puppy Bowl, I was impressed with the whole series of the Subaru "dog tested" commercials, of the Retriever family in the car. Some were better than others, but I appreciated very much the fact that they made more than one ... it kept to interesting. Did the whole set run during the Super Bowl as well? I get disappointed when the same ad for a company runs over and over during the course of a show. I know this is a triumph for the ad salesperson, as they get paid per slot, and commercials can be expensive to make, but surely Bissell could have shot a few different ones, that they could then use the whole rest of the year!

And, by the way, while I have nothing against penguins, I thought they were a bad choice for "cheerleaders" for the puppy bowl, as their expressions and actions do not have enough variety to make it seem like they are ever reacting to anything. Back to the drawing board for that one, folks! But I was glad they showed more of the hamsters and did the "power source" one featuring them!

What did you all think?