PDA

View Full Version : Christmas pictures to share!!!!

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:08 AM
Hi! I have LOTS of pics to share, but they all have to be attachments for now. But here we go!!!

This first one is my dog Garth, but he lives with my mom and dad. He has really bonded with my dad, and our other dog, Cody. We got him from the shelter. He's a purebred Sheltie, but he's bigger than a border collie - they called him a genetic throwback (as in a throwback to collies - where shelties are bred from!). He LOVES to help open Christmas presents.

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:11 AM
Here is another of Garth, and out other sheltie, Cody, opening their presents.

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:11 AM
Here is a really good picture of Cody. Isn't he so handsome!!!! :D :D

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:13 AM
Here is Bassett checking out all the gifts. She looks like she's been caught being bad, but I think she was just kinda in awe!!

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 02:13 AM
Awww they are both so cute!!! Are you sure he's not a sheltie/collie mix? I've seen a few dogs at work that look like a large sheltie, and they were sheltie/collie mixes.

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:14 AM
Meet Krinkles! He is a siamese-tabby cross. He is 19 years old, and has pancreatitis, and has bad arthritis. He gets cold a lot, hence the sweater :D

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:15 AM
Here is Krinkles sleeping on his heating pad. Sometimes we have to leave it on for him all day, depending on how cold it gets. He LOVES it though and has really helped his health.

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:16 AM
This is a picture of Krinkles with our other two calicos, Punkin and Patches. They were strays that got caught in our garage on Christmas! Now they live with us. Punkin in the little one, and Patches is the one with her leg sticking out.

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:18 AM
Now I will introduce Sox. He's a BIG cat - he's very overweight and we don't really know why. They vet has checked it out and everything, so please, no comments about how it's bad for him and all that. We know! :D

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:18 AM
This is one of my favourite Sox pictures.. he looks so cheeky!!! :D

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:19 AM
Finally, a pic of my home in Oregon! That is where my parents work. They manage a Comfort Inn. This is a picture of our Christmas display on the front lawn, with the trees covered in frozen frost. I don't remember how cold it was, but it was SO pretty!

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:21 AM
So there you are! I hope you liked all my pets away from home! I can't wait to see them all - just a few more days!! (I go down to Oregon on the 22nd!) :D :D

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Awww they are both so cute!!! Are you sure he's not a sheltie/collie mix? I've seen a few dogs at work that look like a large sheltie, and they were sheltie/collie mixes.

Thanks for the kind comments!

The shelter said that he was bure bred, because the person who brought him in said he was a pure bred and had paid the full price for a pure bred. We also got a puppy pic of him when we picked him up, and he looked like a pure bred puppy. But it's hard to say - she also said he was housebroken and didn't bite. The first thing he did when he got home was pee all over the floor - TWICE - and bite me and my mom's daycare kids. But I think he's more sheltie than collie just because of his looks. He's the sweetest dog now - never bites or anything.. he just needed lots of love! :D

I forgot - it was a vet who told us about the throwback thing too.. he just let us know it was a possibility, but he didn't say for sure if Garth is purebred or not. :D

Uabassoon
12-06-2002, 02:40 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?s=&postid=225417

That has to be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. I love all of your pictures!!

Cookiebaker
12-06-2002, 02:42 AM
Whatever the breed, Garth is down-right gorgeous, as are Cody, Bassett, Krinkles, Punkin, Patches and Sox (who happens to be Pleasantly Plump, not fat)!! Thank you so much for sharing those darling pictures!!

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 02:45 AM
Thanks so much! I will take lots more pictures this year - it will be interesting with Tilly and Nutmeg there too - it will be their first Christmas with me!!!! Well, first for Nutmet - period! I'm pretty sure Tilly spent her first Christmas as a stray! We will have seven cats and two dogs in a very small apartment.. could prove to be tricky! :D

jenluckenbach
12-06-2002, 06:10 AM
Great pictures, but I am waiting for more pictures of Nutmeg:D

I love Sox in the tree:eek: .

anna_66
12-06-2002, 06:53 AM
Wonderful pics of them all!

12-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Every picture made me say OH and AH !!! One word : GORGEOUS !!!

btw , I cannot see your signature , only 3 red crosses ...:(

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by lut
Every picture made me say OH and AH !!! One word : GORGEOUS !!!

btw , I cannot see your signature , only 3 red crosses ...:(

Thanks Lut!!

I can see my signature - maybe the site was down this morning when you were looking? The pics are all from that site I sent you over ICQ.. so I'm not sure what's happeneing?? :confused:

Nomilynn
12-06-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Great pictures, but I am waiting for more pictures of Nutmeg:D

And there will be more to come, I promise!! I will get LOTS of pics this year!!!

Thanks! :D

luckies4me
12-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
So there you are! I hope you liked all my pets away from home! I can't wait to see them all - just a few more days!! (I go down to Oregon on the 22nd!) :D :D

Ooooooh, you have to come visit me and the furkids!!!!!!! We'll only be a few hours away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

AmberLee
12-06-2002, 03:28 PM
What can I say? I thought the first one was adorable, and each succeding photo just got cuter. Yes, I have such a soft spot for Sox under the tree. Wow. Great photos.

NoahsMommy
12-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Great pictures! They are getting me excited for Christmas! :)

Nomilynn
12-07-2002, 01:47 AM
Thanks!! :D

kohala
12-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
This is one of my favourite Sox pictures.. he looks so cheeky!!! :D

I loooooove this pic!!! That is true catitude!!!!!!!!!!

moosmom
12-07-2002, 07:44 AM
Nomilynn,

Those pictures were wonderful! Thanks for sharing them. Wrinkles is so precious! He's really 19 years old?? I never thought of using a heating pad for MooShoo. He's always looking for ways to keep warm. I hope you have a great time going home for the holidays and a safe trip!

ChrisH
12-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your gorgeous pets. I love each one of them!:) :)

Tina
12-07-2002, 10:17 AM
What great pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Nomilynn
12-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Nomilynn,

Those pictures were wonderful! Thanks for sharing them. Wrinkles is so precious! He's really 19 years old?? I never thought of using a heating pad for MooShoo. He's always looking for ways to keep warm. I hope you have a great time going home for the holidays and a safe trip!

Krinkles really is 19!!!! Maybe his name *should* be changed to Wrinkles now - his skin is kinda loose because he has NO FAT on his body anywhere. His pancreas can't handle it.

The heating pad was something I thought of when Krinky walked across me and, through my pants, I could feel how cold his feet were!! :eek: They were like little ice balls. He also looked really stiff and uncomfortable because of arthritis. So we went and got a heating pad, wrapped it in towels and turned it on. It only took him two seconds to realise that was a good place to sleep! We just make sure that it isn't on too high because we don't want him to burn. He even lays there when the pad isn't on - I think he thinks it helps regardless. I'm sure MooShoo would love it!! :D

AmberLee
12-07-2002, 02:31 PM
My only concern with the heating pad is if your fur-baby is inclined to bite the wiring. Do you recall the tragic death last spring of a baby who electricuted herself?

Maybe you could cover the cord to make it harder to get to, just in case?

Otherwise it sounds like a great idea.